Reviews for The Lion King V: Man Comes to the Pride Lands
guest chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Didn‘t kopa once have a friend who was a hyena?
Vitani825 chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Too bad for Rafiki. He will be missed. Great chapter by the way.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Ohh, I see. Guess I should have figured it was time for Rafiki to move on, since he's not exactly young. Still, that was rather sad, I must say. And now I wonder if the human you're to introduce later will take his place or something, or am I overthinking it?
Dark Fox Tailz chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
I think I have a good idea on who might replace Rafiki, in fact that's where you got (some lion cubs name) from a song that Rafiki sang before. Although I'm just taking a wild guess on it here?!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 3 . 12/29/2012
Oh Rafiki...You will be missed! I love you and your stick...If only you were immortal. Anyhow, I see that many real life facts have been retained in your writinga nd now humans, or Lion Hunters, are coming. I don't usually like Lion King fics with humans but since this is you, I will make an exception. Keep up the great work!
Dark Fox Tailz chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
Nala's ex boyfriend (LOL!) for a few seconds there Simba look like he was going to flip out because of Chumvi's lame joke about Ni and Nala being together before Simba & Nala were. It's also sad that Rafiki's now leaving, but I have somewhat of a bad feeling about this new baboon named Kwashi?
Amanda chapter 2 . 12/28/2012
You are an amazing writer I can't wait for the next chapter to be written/uploaded I like how you make the story flow in a life like reality and how the lions keep haveing all these Problems to fix so the story never gets boring though I am wondering who will take over the baboon who's name I can't spell s position or if nobody will AND WHAT DOES HE NEED TO DRAW
queenlionesses chapter 2 . 12/28/2012
Love it
Rian Steelsheen chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Hi Asante! I've read most of your other fanfictions on this site, but I never quite found the time to leave a review before... So this is gonna be more about your work in general, if you don't mind? '

I really like your style. Your stories have a lovely lighthearted quality to them despite all the drama and serious business going on, thanks to the humor. That's something I tend to appreciate (meaning, I can cope more than well with a depressing atmosphere as long as it is well-written and interesting, but I think sometimes fanfiction authors overdo it and it becomes boring. Too much angst kill the angst? I'm rambling...). You're also very good at characterization and character interaction, which makes the family dynamic you have created quite amazing :)

In particular, I like:
1) Simba. Him and Nala were my favorite in the first movie and...I guess I have a soft spot for him. I think you're doing a great job at portraying a more mature version of the lion we all know and love. As a king and as a father.
2) Kopa. I love the personality you have given him. Always blundering and funny! For some reason, my favorite quote of his is "it might hurt his feeling" (about his dad and granddad). It might be because he seemed like a sensitive child in TLK6NA, and I like that that quality is still somewhat there when he's more grown up.
3) Asante. He's just a cool character. I'd like to see more of him, if you can (though it might be difficult to find a major place for him with so many new cubs around like Nyota and Fasa).

So, I can't think of any major negative point right now that I'd like to point out. Not that I agree with every single choice you've made, but that's more about personal preferences than flaws, you know. I'd have chosen Timira over Vitani for Kopa for example (It doesn't really bother me, but I'm not too fond of that whole Vitani/Kopa thing in the fandom, just seems repetitive after Kiara/Kovu), and I'm not sure about Kopa's decision to rule alongside Kovu (What will they do the day they disagree on some important issue? Which one does the pride follow? It seems to me there are too many ways this could go wrong and cause conflict within the Pride. But I'm waiting to see what you're gonna do with it).

So more about this new story: I've got a couple of questions. First, what happened to Zazu's post? He was so super important, being the King's adviser, master of law and overseer of the Pridelands security or something - no replacement? Bhati? She'd be fun! And second, do you have some sort of timeline for this? I'm just wondering how old everyone is by this point (nice of you to do a little rundown about that for the new cubs BTW).

In the end, I loved this first chapter with all its crap talk and I'm really looking forward to more! :D
I'm really curious to see how you'll handle the whole "Man in the Pridelands" thing. And I can't wait to see more of your beautiful characters. Kopa, Kiara, Kovu and Vitani as parents should be fun, Simba as a grandfather too. Oh and, is Asante feeling a bit awkward about being a generation late or something? (I don't know, he seemed a bit uncomfortable about being an uncle here, just asking)
I'd love to see more Nala, she's always so absent in fanfictions since most people prefer to focus on Simba as a father or as a King than a mother/child dynamic or the queen's job. But then again if there is no space in the plot I can understand that. Better to be cut out than rushed, IMO.

Well, this review is getting long enough, so I think I'll stop here :)
Update soon!
Incarnate Firefly chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Aww, I'm going to miss Rafiki. Is he going to Grass Walls though? Because if so, Simba would know where it was...

Okay, I've officially decided that the Pride Land Knights is the coolest title, organization, and occupation ever. I hope you'll develop it in future stories as well, since it's a fantastic concept that deserves a pr
Ultimate10 chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Good story you got going here. Disappointed that Rafiki is leaving but I am curious about his last painting. Keep up the good work.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
"Nala's ex-boyfriend". Nice Chumvi. Rafiki's really leaving but I love him and that stick. I'm interested to know what his last painting will be though.
White wolf97 chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Ughhhhh it's so great you've gotta update soon!
Chu10 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Yes I have read your other stories when I haven't created a proper account, and they are AMAZING...and now this story is here and I have a proper account I can't wait to read it! Woohoo!

You introduced quite a few characters at once which was a little confusing, but I'm sure I'll get used to them in time. I like Nyota already! :D looking forward to the next chapter!
Incarnate Firefly chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Haha, yes, finally! Great start to the story, it's really nice to see that the Pridelanders' family is growing so well. It's a little hard to keep track of all the cubs' names at first and their relations to each other, but I'm sure it won't be hard to get used to over time...

It's funny to see that Kopa and Kovu are still exchanging verbal humour even as parents, although I can tell that they've both become more mature since the last story (Kovu a bit more so than Kopa, but still). I also recognize some dialogue from those drawings you posted on your Lion King art profile, which is cool. Still, you mentioned that you changed a lot of the original plot points, so it's nice that a lot of it will still remain a surprise.

By the way, are you going to use that poster I made for this story?
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »