Reviews for The Definition of Love
Mayuzu chapter 2 . 12/30/2012
I find it strange how Isshin just suddenly handed over his position as Vaizard leader to Ichigo. Not to mention that it was close to the time when Ichigo just walked out of his abusive relationship. I was thinking maybe a little bit if transition time in between. Also where were Shiro during Ichigo's darkest time? Well, other than that, and how easily tricked Grimmjow is, I think this fic has potential to be a great fic. Keep it up )
MMagnet chapter 2 . 12/30/2012
It was great to see insight into Grimmjow's backstory; added to the effectiveness of your setting.

Further more so it seemed as if Grimmjow had been forced into his already life of crime and has been brutally wounded by emotional scars by both his mother and father - nice sense of realism to convey his context now.

I liked the contemporary allusion again to the modern day world and the concept of that time (in Grimmjow's flash back) where homosexuality was exiled and ostracised within society - you evoked that 'fear' within Grimmjow that demonstrated part of his personality.

It also seemed as if he suppressed this turmoil through killing, that was a nice state of mind you had constructed for Grimmjow where, now in the present day - it seems everything that has emotionally and physically wounded Grimmjow, lead up to his confrontation with Ichigo, a rival gangmember who also shares a fragmented and disabused past!

Great themes, great connectiveness and great motifs.

Thanks
LoLo326 chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
Thanks for updating! Im enjoying reading it so far! :)
Hollow Ichigo-Ichigo chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I want oh so muuch mores! :D
TokenAsian chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I'm loving this!
LoLo326 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I liked it alot, I hope u continue soon! :)
AnomalyLady chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This is great, really well laid out. Different approach for sure. Good job :)
MMagnet chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
The first chapter opened up a very emotive and dramatic setting which defined the transition between child hood lust that grew and grew into an abusive relationship.

There was a nice allusion to stereotypes within this, I guess in the modern contemporary world for some being gay is a big issue and it reflected well within Ichigo's representation, but further allowed him to brave it out and actively pursue his teenage romance.

You really captured the essence of Renji's disabuse between Ichigo and his emotional abuse where the impact on Ichigo caught up to him and he truly realised that, despite the isolation he felt he was in - Shiro being too busy with his life and Isshin not generally involved - it took himself to brave it out and realise what he was being put through.

That was an important piece to the characterisation of Ichigo.

Shiro being incorporated adds in a nice element to the fic and also the fact that Ichigo left this note to Renji appears to open up something more in the future of this where it could reflect badly on him and or eventually harmonise the abuse Renji put Ichigo through.

The ending seemed a little pace, (that is my only criticism.. X_X) However it was smoothed over well by the fact that Ichigo has already evoked feelings from Grimmjow's presence and also the fact that their gangs and organisations rival each other.

From the events of his past, you also capture the essences of Ichigo's circumstances where he is the person who he is today because of his past and it seems as if the promise he made to himself is being instantly laid to ruins.

Thanks for this!
Misc. Ink chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I love it so far. I really liked the way you broke up the story, the sectioning off of certain times and events were perfect, and I loved the drama and seeing Renji's downward spiral. Ichigo's ideas of love and how they changed, and how he realized he had to love himself was wonderful, and I really felt for him in this fic. You didn't overly explain anything, which I thought was good in this case because you really focused on the emotions. I can definitely see some inspiration from Vaerin7 in her, as I love her stories as well. I also enjoyed the end and how you introduced Grimmjow and Ichigo to each other; kind of like rivals. I am excited to see where this goes and what you do with it. Great first chapter!
Hisashi Jeagerjaques chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I'll be waiting for the next chapter. I like the way the story is paragraphed, easy to read and understand. The story itself is intriguing too. Good job!