Reviews for A Hobbit and an Elf
Guest chapter 1 . 12h
Just discovered this. So perfect. Didn't really like the treatment of Legolas in The Hobbit movies, think your version is prob ably closer to s Tolkien's vision. Thanks for this!
- Lelaina
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 1/18
Hmm, a very interesting story. Great job! ;-)
g3njutsu chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Ah I love this
Ranuel chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
With the inclusion of Legolas in the movies to give it more continuity with the LotR I'm hoping we really do get to see Legolas and Bilbo become friends.
Helena chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
I hope we see something like this is the last Movie.
Elliska chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Please tell me how I miss these. I am supposed to get emails! This is a year old! I am furious that I am just seeing!

This is awesome! Legolas is perfect in this. I tried to find a few favorite lines to cite and ended up copying almost all of his lines. He sounds so wise and understanding. Totally Fellowship!Legolas, which he should be, given how close this is set to that time. And his relationship with Thranduil is perfect too.

But what really impressed me is, you conveyed all that through Bilbo's POV. I couldn't write Bilbo to save my life. You did a great job with him.

I love this.
Melanira chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Again another space filled in about the lives of Legolas and Thranduil . Before you are done Jedi Sapphire you will have written the entire history of the third age from the point of view of the Mirkwood elves, at least I certainly hope so!
Falca chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
"Legolas and Thranduil were standing together, neither speaking. The Hobbit had a feeling that, perhaps, words were not needed"
This is perfect. Simple and short but perfect. Thank you for posting this
Laeslaer chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Very nice work, keep writting :)
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Oi! I feel personally insulted! You do not need practice!
Great story! I believe Legolas would just have gone and tried to encourage a scared hobbit he doesn't even know. I like how you portrayed his relationship with his father. How Bilbo thought about it. :)
Darkspider chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I really liked this! It'd be awesome if Bilbo had developed a close friendship with Legolas! And...is it just me, but Bilbo seems like he didn't know that Legolas is Thranduil's son. Haha!

Thanks for writing this!
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Awwww! I liked that! I could so see that happening! Thanks for writing this!
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
What are you talking about? You do NOT need practice! That was awesome and I was so, so, so very happy to see that you have posted something new :D! Your stories are always wonderful!

I hope that you will post another one soon!

Thank you for that well-written and interesting one shot.

P.S.: Your Muses are completely awake. You should not doubt them, or yourself ;)!
Lomelindi chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I'm so glad to see you writing LOTR fics again, I have missed them! I really enjoyed the subtly in this story, especially the end where son and father were standing together. Perhaps it's just pure relief of having survived, that they're still together and whole, that their kingdom will survive this battle.

Beautiful story, I really admire how kind and understanding you made Legolas to a confused, frightened hobbit. :)
akurosa chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This was beautiful, with Legolas never identifying himself as a prince but the Hobbit Bilbo still seeing the affection between the two.
I especially liked
Elf and Hobbit both turned to see the Elven-king standing a few feet away. He still wore his mail and carried his sword.

"My King." Legolas bowed formally.

"Are you injured?"

"I am unharmed."

This part. It's after battle and so Thranduil can't afford to fawn over Legolas like he probably wanted to, but he'a still a father and can't let the moment pass without not knowing as well. Hence the simple and somewhat economic question, are you injured. I love the nonobvious, though I may just be reading into it too much;) wonderful story.
Just one thing I winced about was that I didn't know Thorin is going to die later because I only watched the movie. I'm sure alot more were fortunate enough to read the book as well but for people like me, could you add a warning of sorts, like spoilers for the movie but not the book?
Thank you for the great read.