Reviews for Wind Off the Wrehaven
Kingswallow chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
To me, one of the peculiar things that stuck in my mind was that, I thought, the voice of the Heart belonged to the Empress, and yet there was never any explicit comment on it. Maybe that had to deal with the nature of Corvo's character; or maybe it just made for better story-telling, because it added to the eerie and heart-breaking overtures of the story.

All throughout the game, the Heart expresses its desire to rest; yet I never really thought about how that would be achieved, post-game. Destroying the Heart seems to destroy Corvo's link to the Empress, but also, it gives her the opportunity to finally be at peace, which all Corvo would want for her in the end. I enjoyed your rendition of the Heart's destruction; by burning it, it seems that the Heart is almost given a funeral. Nice concept.

Additionally, the mechanics of this fic is superb; the writing is very elegant and sleek, and your style is very clear and enjoyable.

Good work.
Sacharizza chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This is both beautiful and very sad... I always wondered if Corvo knew who the voice of the Heart belonged to, though I usually end up thinking that he must have. He probably knew her better than anyone. Anyway, it's nice to know that there are other people besides me who interpreted Corvo as a man with a heart. Just by looking at the way he interacts with Emily, I came to believe that he is the kind and caring sort. Your writing is lovely, by the way :) Thanks for the quality read!
Aronim chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I'm impressed. You hit the tone of the game quite well and you write a convincing Corvo and a good Heart. This could easily have been a cut-scene in the game, well done.

On thing though: "Then, when her quiet rang with finality," I think it would be better to use "silence" here. It might just be me.
CrazedSkeleton chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Corvo still faces an enemy after all. Old friend's spirits.
I enjoyed this, please do write more.