Reviews for The 'L' Word
KiwiClover chapter 22 . 5/17
Hm, I admit that while the uniform scene is really cute, I'm pretty confused. I thought he had already been fitted for a different uniform in a previous chapter? There was a whole sequence about them teaching Dick how to sew, ordering special split-toe boots, etc. You had also written about how the original cape was too long and the cowl obstructed his vision, hence the shorter cape and use of a domino mask instead...

Anyway, I like the use of the classic Robin costume here (it's hilariously ostentatious) but it might be a good idea to go back and make the chapters consistent with each other. Other than that, I've very much enjoyed this story. :) Thanks for sharing!
Destined For Hell chapter 22 . 3/1
I thought Dick already had a uniform but you've given him a whole new one with a design completely different from the one you outlined earlier in the story. With a red tunic with yellow stitching, a black undershirt and long black pants with black boots with split toes as well as a black cape with yellow lining. You even had him already trying it out when they decided to get rid of the cowl and shorten the cape. I hope you can clear this up and maybe correct this so he only has one uniform.
Cute Kirby chapter 16 . 2/21
Giving Dick Ritalin would be like giving a squirrel caffeine. O_O'
turret towers do tower chapter 31 . 12/8/2013
The fluff is overwhelming. :)
RougePlume chapter 31 . 10/16/2013
I loved this story, I loved how you managed yet again to keep the suspense going, especially since it's in a journal form.
I also particularly enjoyed the extortion scheme from Dick's cousin, even though I knew he was not going to adopt Dick (certainly not out of generosity), the way you made everything happened was well thought out and, unfortunately, left me sleepless. ;D
I'm not a big fan of the trial scenes though but when 'Batman' came in I just couldn't help but laugh imagining Clark awkwardly trying to imitate Bruce! Lol!
The development of the relationship between Bruce and Dick was particularly well done too, Bruce always questioning himself and Dick being the cute 8 yr old that he is! Dick as a child is quite irresistible...
FlossSwallower chapter 30 . 9/14/2013
I almost forgot to leave a final review! Was too excited about the sequel!
This truly was an amazing story, I love how you managed to keep it realistic and show how hard and tough life can be and how bad Social Services can really be, too, while keeping that Silver Age Batman and including characters such as Superman and all. As always, I love how you can write about Batman and Robin without making it a giant mess of fight scenes, you actually make it all about thoughts and actions and feelings. As always, Alfred is my favorite character, and it's great how you manage to portray that grandfatherly wisdom and perfect etiquette. You capture the character perfectly, and as always Superman feels like a friendly uncle to the Batfamily.
One thing did keep nagging me, though. To the outside world it must have looked like the Social Service agents were right and Wayne treated his children like an uncaring pet owner, adopting a new one every time the latest grew up!
Great story again! Have a good day.
FlossSwallower chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
Another wonderful piece of work.
I'm only on the third chapter and I can already see that it's going to be wonderful. I like how you show that Bruce isn't just instantly such a fatherly figure, he's generally a cold, friendless person, but he's a kind, cold, friendless person at the same time. He's trying to be a father but it isn't easy, he has to remain cold and mean and distant to everyone but Alfred and a few other people, while still trying to be kind and close to Dick. I also like how you managed to show the circus incident in mostly actions, I tried one here on Fanfiction but it was mostly just Dick's thoughts and things from his view, but no, you were able to keep it interesting while still letting it be mainly centered around actions and conversations and Bruce's thoughts.
Beautiful job so far.
ArkieR chapter 30 . 9/1/2013
I am seriously fighting back tears here.
This was a truly amazing story, (*sniff*) you are one of the best authers I've ever come across! Well done! (*desperately blinks back tears*) Now I'm off to read the sequel. :')
Guest chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
Dawwwwwwww! That's what I use to do to my grandma!

Dick and Bruce are soooooooo cute in these fatherly scenes!
stormypeach1396 chapter 31 . 7/5/2013
This was really cute. I didn't really mind the court scene because I felt that it was realistic in approach. At first I had a problem with how human Wayne seemed and then I got into the thought that it was Wayne not batman so all is good. My only real problem however is the lack of mention about the parties and girls. It was a little confusing to just randomly put in the court scenes when you made never made mention of them before. It would have made the story more fluid if you had had them. Overall I really liked this piece.
Discordant feelings chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
The rules say you can't upload two copies of the same material, please choose one of the two duplicates you have of your material and keep that one.

Until then, you'll be reported for breaking the rules.

Discofeel
CU member.
ShrimpyJess97 chapter 31 . 4/12/2013
Yeesh, Bats is a hard taskmaster... I hope he'll tone it down soon. And by the glad, I'm glad you're making a sequel type thing! I'm looking forward to the rest. :)
Black Friar chapter 31 . 4/12/2013
Go Alfred! Because he's right you know, Bruce, Dick is just a child.

Loved the contrast between the two journals; Robin's childlike, emotional one and Batman's more formal, reserved one. Totally cool. :)
AJRedRobin chapter 31 . 4/12/2013
Alfred is right. You don't argue with Alfred.
Black Friar chapter 30 . 4/2/2013
Wooooooo! Happy ending! Makes me so happy. And bonus points for the Wally appearance, you rock, Xenthia! Loved this.