Reviews for Strange Clouds
CastleLover28 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Omg, Castle and Beckett high the best thing ever! Lmao
BR125 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Loved this story .. laughed the whole time.. hilarious!
Kirsten chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Hilarious! Am I a bad person if I can totally see them doing that? I'll never look at cupcakes the same way again! :)
BeachgalNY chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This section (in "Strange Clouds"): "Castle can feel Beckett coming up beside him, but he's too busy turning sharply left to stare down at the clear plastic cases. 'My babies,' he hears, a reverent whisper, and it takes him a moment to recognize that it's his voice.

'For the love of fuck,' Beckett mutters, but when she picks up a box it's for a whole dozen cupcakes.

He tries to wipe the triumphant expression off his face. 'So, what kind do you want?' he asks, so carefully neutral. He is amazing at this. He is loving and supportive and really, his sudden craving for cupcakes was probably just his innate understanding of Beckett's every primal need."

Brilliant. And hilarious. Bravo!
aolande1 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Haha, okay, the cupcakes and the "my babies" stuff was hilarious! Seriously, so funny. I rarely laugh outloud while reading fic. Awesome story!
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I love this story so hard.
faeriehallie chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This is ridiculously hot! I LOVE high Beckett and Castle! The cupcake shop moments are awesome! ) Going to re-read this again now!
eyrianone chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This was amazing.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
So I didn't want to read this before I posted because I knew I would be intimidated by your greatness. Granted, I still will but at least I already wrote, haha. Right, so I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS.

The roll of paper is thin and warm between her fingers. She sucks the smoke into her lungs, holds her breath, feels the rush that courses through her veins as she exhales and passes the joint to Castle. - I can't even. I feel like only you could write Beckett and Castle getting high and make it super believable. Also FUN!

The flood of cool air back down her throat makes her want to choke, but she's a professional, a professional who's damn well not going to give herself away just because it's been a few years. She hears Castle's exaggerated inhale next to her, but she fixes her eyes on Navari, watching him as she manages somehow to keep from smiling at the entity that is Castle undercover. - Oh sureeee, it's for a "case." I bet this Navari guy isn't even a person. They're just pointing at some dude like yeah, him, we're uh tracking him!

"I know a good thing when I see it," Navari says, letting his eyes linger on her chest. - Yeahhhh you do.

"Columbia's got a new spot up. Pretty, trustworthy grad student like yourself could make a lot of money up there." - Why do I find it so hot that she's being a grad student?

"Three percent," Castle mutters, doing an excellent job of pitching his tone as a hybrid of bored and offended. It shivers along her spine, makes her want to pin him down and get him to scream. - Oh godddddddddddd

"You be good and you can watch me suck on something else later," she murmurs, glancing away as the dog sets up a racket in a dark corner. - OH OK, THAT'S FINE JESSIE, REALLY.

that Beckett can't quite tamp down on a tiny laugh.

Well, fuck.

All three men stare at her, but Castle's the only one brave enough to speak. "Did you just giggle?" - Who do I have to shank to see this? Because I really really need to see this. More than I need to see ... things I need to see.

and fuck all of this, anyway, Castle staring at her like he is about to eat her - lololololol

"We have feet. We'll manage." - Uhhhhhh or fall down. Whichever.

"Hey, you know what sounds like fun?"

"If you say a taxi again, we're going to have a problem," Beckett says.

"A limo. What about a limo? We could have sex in the backseat. There aren't any murderers in the back of limos." - hahahahaha. y u so funny?

He really thinks she might be trying to growl or possibly sound vaguely threatening, but everything she says is in this husky, lilting murmur that makes the hair on his arms stand straight up. - nope. I can't imagine it. Cause I can't. See my dad is in this room with me while I read this and he's watching what sounds like a HORRIBLE movie starring Rocky (but it's not Rocky) and I'm just like OH I WANNA DO BOTH BECKETT AND CASTLE and that's probably not okay.

Well. Sometimes he fantasizes about buying a dog. A big, bounding Golden Retriever. And coming home to it, and Beckett, who is so fucking hot as a cop that it makes him die a little every time he thinks about it, but maybe this is her day off and she's wearing a dress and baking cupcakes, and Beckett and cupcakes and icing and a big bounding dog and maybe crawling on the floor next to the dog is a chubby toddler with brown hair and intense blue eyes and - - JESSIE WHAT THIS IS THE GREATEST. LIKE I CAN'T EVEN. BECAUSE I LOVE ALL THESE THINGS VERY VERY MUCH BUT MORE THAT HE IS HIGH AND THINKING OF THIS AND OMG I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS AND EVER AND MORE.

"How are you this utterly inept at life?" she grouses at him as she drags him forward.

He tries to start to explain, but the words are all tangled in his brain, a snarled mess of kids and a dog and cupcakes and a Christmas tree, a Christmas tree, for the love, even though it is the middle of August, so in the end all he can possibly get out is, "Cupcake!" - lmao. I really have nothing else to say.

but then he sees the bright window of Magnolia just half a block ahead - Was there 2 nights ago! Also I am so proud of you for actually writing a Magnolia story. Because yes.

"My babies," he hears, a reverent whisper, and it takes him a moment to recognize that it's his voice.

"For the love of fuck," Beckett mutters, but when she picks up a box it's for a whole dozen cupcakes. - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA seriously. Dying.

"I like that you're talking dirty to me," he murmurs, yanking out three devil's food and a couple of peanut butter and jellies, "but not in front of the cupcakes." - Hahahahaha.

"I love you more than cupcakes," he tells her, shutting the lid on the box, because if you can't say what's on your mind when you're high at Magnolia then there is nothing good left in the world. - That is SO true. (Although I don't know. Magnolia didn't get me going like Sprinkles or Crumbs does :-/) But also, I love you more than cupcakes might be the greatest saying ever.

"She's a police officer," Castle chirrups helpfully, clearly trying to dredge up his best nothing to see here tone and failing miserably.

"Will you shut up?" she growls at him. He is not helpful. None of this is helpful. - This is the greatest. You are the greatest. Obviously.

"I actually kind of like walking. We're one with nature, Beckett."

She blinks up at him. "If I point out that we're in Manhattan –"

"The definition of nature is fluid, and yes, you would be solidifying your status as a Dream Destroyer." - I seriously don't know how you do this. You have a story of them HIGH and really that shouldn't work and yet somehow it's so perfect and so perfectly in character that I can't even function. Like HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

If he tries to get one out now he'll drop the whole thing and the other eleven cupcakes will splatter onto the sidewalk and he'll wind up kneeling over the mess of smeared icing and crumbled cake, sobbing about his babies, and on top of all of that she won't even get to eat one. - HAHAHAHA like what even. Seriously.

carried on the same effervescent cloud of contentment that hasn't left her the fuck alone ever since Navari got dragged out of the basement in cuffs. - I love this sentence.

"I want to be one with something else," he mumbles petulantly - Amennnnn

"We'll stargaze," he encourages. "It'll be romantic." - Hahahah well I guess it COULD be. As could sex on the roof which is where this is leading so yes please!

"Beckett, are you seriously suggesting that we drink a four hundred dollar bottle of Grenache in the middle of the night when we're high?" - I can't drink and smoke together because there have been some baaaad results but I will take the boooooze.

"You make a pretty convincing grad student," Castle says out of absolutely nowhere, his mouth full of red velvet. - Oh this is being brought up again. TOO HOT TO HANDLE. Can Castle buy her sweatpants that say that on the ass?

She swigs the wine, drags the back of her hand across her lips to catch a stray droplet. The faint taste of rich earth and cedar and vanilla flows smooth over her tongue and down her throat. - See now I am in a pickle. I really want some wine but I drank more than half the bottle last night so there's not much left and if I run out then I am fucked because unlike in LA, in NY you can't just go to CVS or a grocery store and buy wine like you can there. See, it's magical because then if I want wine at 4am CVS IS THERE FOR MY EVERY NEED.

"What? Putting on a four-inch skirt and five-inch heels and going for another run in Vice?" - I also just love that they're having a (semi) normal conversation during all of this.

Sometimes, maybe, last year in the dark of night, her secrets and regrets swelled up in her like a choking, inevitable tide. But not in the clear light of day, and not ever with the solid bulk of Castle's presence sprawled out beside her. - I love that in this moment of inebriation there's still this softness and honesty that makes it all the more real.

"I see you as everything," he blurts after they've passed the wine bottle between them yet again in the shadowed, companionable silence. He hears the echo of his words in the air, reconsiders. "That sounded more blatantly pathetic than I thought it would." - and yet oddly sweet as well.

because it's surely some kind of horrible karma that the woman he will spend the rest of his life desperately loving - HSDFDFHDHFDFHDHFDFD

His eyes fly open of their own accord - It better be dirty time soon cause I just read this as: his fly opens

but somehow it's suddenly a little too close to home, somehow suddenly the only thing he's aware of when he blinks are the pictures of dead bodies taped to her living room window and the vicious growl in her voice when she vowed to bring them a war. It doesn't match the night, doesn't match the buoyant feeling of joy that was just ballooning in his chest, and when he looks over and sees her shuttered, distant eyes, he can tell she feels the same. - oh ouch. that stings and hurts and i just want to give him lots of snuggles.

She falls off her elbow, sinking down to lie on her back so that she's staring up at the sky. "A little cloudy for watching stars," she says. He can hear the rasp at the edge of her voice. - god jessie i love this so much. that she's laying back and watching. that it's this quiet moment and her voice is raspy and even the dialogue. fuck.

Shifting to reach into his pocket, he wraps his fingers around his phone, taps open an app and holds it above them, pointing it up at the sky. "What's that?" she husks, her voice still a little quiet, a little thick.

"You can," he starts, and then the program kicks to life and hundreds of stars wheel into view on the screen above them – "You can see the stars."

"Hey," she says, quietly, "look at that." He feels her obliques contract beneath his skull as she shifts, senses the vibrating tension of her muscles from where she's curled in, hears the slow sip she takes from the bot
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Wow. So funny, and yet so incredibly hot. Love this!,
c0me-on-skinnylove chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This is so very good. I did not want it to end.
Muffy chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
ROFL. Can I have some of that. Love this and love you for writing this!
1822andallthat chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Holly Golly, that was HILARIOUS! Will never, ever, see cupcakes in quite the same way.
anon chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
firstly, amen for magnolia bakery in this story. i literally live there.

secondly, i'm in love with this story. i didn't want it to end!

and thirdly, i have that star app! probably one of the most awesome apps out there & i use mine on a regular basis.
BlueOrchid96 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Kinda reminds me of Bang, in the way it is not what is expected. Thanks for sharing!