Reviews for Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin
Huna4Life chapter 7 . 9/17
lmaoo rip harry, draco thinks he's lying about not being the heir cause he's scared of being overheard
Gellertgrindelwald00 chapter 8 . 7/24
Why isn't harry learning anything? Why isn't he defending himself? Where is his ambition? Why is he always the one letting it go? He's becoming more like a hufflepuff now.
Dr Gero chapter 14 . 5/1
Wow. This chapter really surprised me, though not in a good way I'm afraid. The scene with the young Tom Riddle and the basilisk... it felt like it came out of another fic entirely. One with an anime crossover. Creating a floating magic sword would still have been pushing it with the ease it happened, but this Tom did the full on jump slash. There's showing his power and then there's parody levels of power.
I'm still on board since that was such a curve ball from left field (so to speak) I assume it was mostly a "really cool" scene that was planned early on and not edited enough to fit the actual tone (I can understand and relate). I want to continue on and see how things progress in the sequels but that's a bit of a red flag for me. Hopefully the focus switches to character development after this.
The rest of the chapter was fine, that part just really threw me.
Dr Gero chapter 12 . 4/30
Overall I'm liking the story, however I don't really believe the HarryDraco friendship right now. Earlier Harry was hesitant when Draco was acting semi like Dudley and yet Draco's been wishing death upon students for a while now, some of which being Harry's friends and he doesn't bat an eye. Also given what he's seen and heard Lucius do back in the Alley (also with mostly no comment), gifts or bribes of brooms aside, he should be able to piece together that maybe there's something up with the guy willing to pick on a girl younger than Harry.
It's a little suspension of disbelief breaking when Harry selectively has a conscious and can put 2 and 2 together. I'd say it's to force the plot forward but the writing has generally been better than that, so I'm hoping Harry is saving up for a big confrontation later.
xikum chapter 10 . 3/30
It is a good chapter, and explains Harry's rationale for not saying anything to the prejudiced purebloods, but still... I wish there were some way to get them to watch their mouths. Maybe say it is low-class to use that type of language?

There is a saying that 'all it takes for evil to triumph is for the good to do nothing'. Also, 'silence is assent'.

Will Harry wise up and say / do something? Otherwise, that is what Harry is doing. JKR herself said the pureblood prejudice shown in her book was based on prejudice and the harm and death it caused, and how wrong it was.

It makes me think of when there was wide-spread prejudice and some whites would call blacks, niggers. I remember back when there were active KKK chapters in far too many places, and separate white and black everything, even water fountains and bus seats. If there weren't 2 of everything, or the part of the bus that was for blacks was full, then the blacks just didn't have water or ride the bus. And people would 'politely' or partly out of fear, or not wanting to confront, just ignore and say nothing when people talked like that. That went for anyone not white anglo-saxon protestant. Also any white who was not at least middle class. Or women who wanted any semblance of equality, or just not to be hurt by men. Honestly, the US is a lot better than it was 50 years ago.
xikum chapter 7 . 3/30
Sorry for Harry, but I had to laugh and laugh and laugh! Right... Not the Heir at all. sigh
Authorforeverything chapter 16 . 12/27/2020
I can't wait to read it
Guest chapter 4 . 12/7/2020
i really like that you keep your writing concise, but still descriptive and interesting.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2020
Dh
stevem1 chapter 16 . 7/25/2020
This is an excellent AU version of year 2. Lucius Malfoy appears just as evil, but somewhat attached to Harry. Draco is a major prat, but still a friend to Harry. Davis, Greengrass, Hermione and Ron all have interesting interactions with the BWL which deviates from canon. How Harry deal with the basilisk is a first for me.

Recommended.
ACI100 chapter 15 . 6/10/2020
I was very worried after the first story that Harry would remain completely incompetent for the entire series. It seems as though he is slowly (a bit slower than I’d like, but not a terrible pace) gaining competence.

As a whole, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The only real things I can critique are the frequent typos (there are usually multiple each chapter and I don’t think any had none) and the fact that I think more probably should’ve came out of Draco believing Harry was the heir. The latter is subjective though. The typos are annoying, but it is what it is.

I will definitely be continuing onto book 3.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2019
Japanese Golfer? You watch Harry Potter ytps
Guest chapter 7 . 12/6/2019
God, I love this series. This has to be my fourth times reading it. Draco makes me laugh out loud in this chapter.
To the author: kudos to you for writing the most realistic dialogue and interactions when it comes to navigating the social hierarchy and ascending the pecking order. This series is honestly the closest thing to my own real-life experiences I've EVER read (minus all the magic, obviously). You clearly remember the brutality of surviving the harsh social landscape of middle school.
fhl1234 chapter 16 . 8/3/2019
I must say, I really enjoyed this slightly altered version of Harry's second year. Pity that the basilisk died, I was hoping that it could survive and become Harry's friend. Thanks for writing this. Onto book three. Please update your series. I'd be eternally greatful if you did so.
fhl1234 chapter 1 . 8/1/2019
Rather satisfying fate for Vernon indeed.

Yay, I was right, it was only Draco and Lucius Harry, calm down and take a deep breath, your real summer vacation begins now.

Really like this series so far, disappointed that their sixth year sequel appears to have been abandoned. Hope that your mues returns to you once more and you'll start updating again soonish.