Reviews for Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin
SortingHat chapter 11 . 2/28/2016
To prove muggles can do good things Harry should get a used Commodore 64 with a duel Sid Chip and have a floppy of a then powerful music player/editor called Sid Stereo and get magazines of Compute Gazette Sid Collection from *Sid Fest* shows that demo the usage of the power of the dedicated SID chip.

Commodores by 1990 were still a lot easier to find then today and could be found in used electronic shops and thrift shops that did electronics like Goodwill which we would have fun poking around for games usually came in a bundle wrapped with a rubber band so you never knew what came with it.

The Commodore 64 was a home computer of the early 80s that beat the snuff out of anything else out there and for far less money by a businessman named Jack Tramiel who wanted to prove he could outperform other machines for far less the cost who did type writers since WW2.

The 1983 (or was it 82) Consumer Electronic Show debut showcased the C64 the then sequel to the piece of absolute crap known as the Commodore Vic 20 that didn't really take off anywhere except for die hard collectors.

The C64 is capable of 16 bit colors but a lot of developers were used to programming for the Apple 2 and IBM so a lot of stuff were ports of those machines which could only do maybe 2 or 3 sprites aat a time on screen so a lot of crappy games were released in between good programs.

Commodore 64 could do 7 sprites at one time on a screen and a huge palette of colors available and the language was simple enough that thousands of programmers from their garages could pick up using special Commodore keys built in.

Commodore was also used as an educational tool and there were a handful of actually interesting titles.
SortingHat chapter 9 . 2/27/2016
Not sure if I mentioned it but it's not the story I'm upset with as the story flows pretty good despite most of it following canon and not being AU.

I'm upset for the lack of labels which I mentioned in the earlier chapter as labels can attract or detract certain kinds of audiences and that leads to less flaming by unsuspecting people.

People have weird preferences on stories and some may flame you for Harry being in Slytherin in the first place while others may flame you for Harry being with Draco or some may want more Snape
SortingHat chapter 5 . 2/27/2016
Actually you could've had Harry toss things over his shoulders regardless ifit was canonical or not. Just because it's not mentioned doesn't mean Harry can't/could not do it unless it was plainly stated otherwise somewhere due to an injury or something.
SortingHat chapter 4 . 2/27/2016
*All fingers point to Draco the guilty party*
SortingHat chapter 3 . 2/27/2016
What about the platforms 9/34ths being blocked and why was it blocked in the first place to begin with?
SortingHat chapter 2 . 2/27/2016
Hence the *mostly canon* *slight AU* label that I helped give it. This part is about the only thing that is *off* other then sorting issues and what about the Sorting Hat's favor?

Did you forget?

This fic is not bad as far as grammar and sentences are strung and it's fun seeing Draco not so nasty and actually funny.

Oh that's another label for this. *Funny/Insane Draco* for those pro gryffindor readers who would flame this just because it shows Slytherin more which I think their mind is fucked up.

When I flame stories it's because of false or empty promises trying to make a big deal in the summary not because of "Harry should be friends with Ginny,Hermione,Cho, etc.

A lot of young generation Y users would beat up an author because you had Harry be friends/in love with a character he or she did not like regardless of grammar.
SortingHat chapter 2 . 2/27/2016
Gryffindors remind me of Liberals where just breathing wrong can start a provocation and they assume your part of a huge militia that is to overthrow the government crap.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 2/27/2016
Correct labels: Barely AU/Mostly Canon Harry. Good/Neutral Dumbledor. Good/Funny Ron No Bashing whatsoever despite fans demanding it.

No questions about Harry's vault or family so don't even ask!
treena-ivy-carter chapter 3 . 1/25/2016
On your acknowledgement of Quidditch as a symbol where the whole game is going on but doesn't matter because the two seekers decide the whole game is accurate, especially considering the Quidditch game in the fourth book. Recall in the Goblet of Fire how though Krum caught the snitch, the other team still won, which is great foreshadowing (taking into account the symbolism) of how the end of the novel plays out. Harry quite literally wins the game and "catches the snitch" when he retrieves the trophy, yet the Death Eaters win because Voldemort is resurrected.

(Though it was not an obvious symbol to me, mostly because I skipped over most of the Quidditch scenes in the series and otherwise tries to push the thought of sports in books out of my head).

Thank you for writing this story! I really like this series. I believe I started reading it a while ago and then I never finished or continued on to later books.

D
Tree
BraveVesperia chapter 2 . 1/19/2016
curious to see if this will be a good malfoy's story or if they are going to stab harry in the back later.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
Curious why no underage magic letter?
Guest chapter 15 . 1/5/2016
I really love this fic one of the best few Harry/sly genre
harryislife chapter 16 . 12/26/2015
Really good
justabooklover19 chapter 16 . 11/21/2015
Wow, I can't believe second year is already over! I really like that Harry is beginning to question the Malfoy family, I want to see where that leads them/their friendship in later years.

Keep writing!
Suicide Forest chapter 12 . 8/21/2015
HAHAHA THE IDIOT FINALLY GETS IT!
269 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »