Reviews for A Blue Christmas
AnonymousM chapter 1 . 2/21
This was so adorable! I love fics like this, with a timeline. It's wonderfully well-written, and obviously well-conceived. TonksxHarry threw me off initially, but I caught on well enough. It was hilarious when I found out Harry and Tonks had been together the whole time. I figured Charlie was scheming, but ROTFL! Anyway, it was a sweet story. I liked it.
McGonagall25 chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
It was very good. I don't ship Harry Tonks but I loved it.
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Great story!
AliBelly chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
This is frecking great! I love it :D
cocoartist chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is adorable.
Nights Silhouette chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
A nice little one shot. Keep it up.
joti52887 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I...think...I just shed a manly tear of joy upon reading this. :)
uchiha.s chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I already read this on the TLX account and reviewed there, but I just had to review aagain to make sure you know how much I enjoyed this. Your writing is phenomenal! It's so hard to find good, well-written, IC charmione fics, and so I am thrilled that you decided to write this wonderful piece.
BrightestWitchOfHerAge16 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
awww! brilliant one-shot! i love it!
alix33 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Tonks and Harry sound like a cute couple. I am not at all sure whether I find their children cute.
"Whether it was her mother pushing her toward yet another client ("Jimmy Wilkes is much more handsome without his braces") or Molly attempting to set her up with every single one of her children, including Harry ("Yes, dear, I know it didn't work out with Ron last time, but you two are just perfect for each other"), Hermione was Sick. And. Tired. of being the recipient a.k.a. victim of matchmaking, no matter how good the intentions were." - I would have been likewise sick and tired.
"She cast about for something to say. "So, Tonks is dating someone? I didn't know that." He shrugged. "If I had to guess, I don't think she is. I reckon she said that just to get Mum off her back." "Wish I'd thought of that," muttered Hermione before she could think better of it. She colored again, and Charlie raised his eyebrows, quirking a smile. "Oh-ho, so there is something bothering the normally imperturbable Miss Granger?" "No, it's just … why does everyone feel there is something wrong with a woman who prefers to concentrate on her career than her love life?" Hermione demanded, regretting every single word as it came out of her mouth. Why in the world was she talking about this with Charlie? "Join the club, Hermione. Ever since Victoire was born, Mum's made it her mission to get grandchildren out of the rest of us within the year. And don't think you're exempt from that." "Oh, I know. Believe me, I know." She lifted her butterbeer to her lips, surveying the room once more. "I think we're the only ones without a date." - I like it loads, the way Hermione is voicing what loads of people must be feeling about Molly Weasley's actions.
"the only one I can see without a date is Harry." He sniggered. "And he's not being too subtle about who he'd like to fill that spot, either." Hermione followed his eyes. Harry hovered next to the table of desserts, absently eating a treacle tart. His gaze, longing and unwavering, rested squarely on the resident Metamorphmagus, across the room laughing between Bill and Hestia. "You think?" "Hermione, he's about five seconds from spoiling his dessert with drool." She smiled, half amused, half with pity. "Perhaps. Poor Harry. Don't you think she's a bit old for him?" "She's what – seven years older? Do you think seven years is too much of a gap?" Hermione fought the strange urge to flush, again, under his gaze. All she could think of were the seven years between the two of them, not Tonks and Harry. "Well, I suppose not." Charlie snapped his fingers. "Let's get them together." "I'm sorry, what?" "I'm Tonks' friend, you're Harry's – let's get them together." She stared. "What are you talking about?" "Aren't you supposed to be bright? You and I will find a way for Harry and Tonks to begin dating, say, by next Christmas." "You want to play matchmaker? Merlin, you are your mother's child." "Oi!" Charlie protested indignantly. "Take that back." "Are you listening to yourself? This is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard, and I spent seven years in the company of Harry and Ron. It's like something out of a romantic comedy." "A what?" he asked blankly. "A film, you know – never mind." Hermione shook her head. For having a Muggle-obsessed father, the Weasley children were remarkably ignorant about that world." - Hehehe. The Weasley children being pig ignorant about muggles is IMO because for all his alleged obsessiveness Mr. Weasley is still himself pig ignorant about muggles.
"she could see the dragon tattoo that covered one pectoral up to his shoulder. "You like that?" "What? No! I mean, I've never been fond of tattoos." "Oh, but this tattoo is special." The dragon, covered in dark green scales, seemed to stare at Hermione from beady eyes underneath two shiny golden horns. "This is Greta, a Romanian Longhorn. She was the first dragon I ever bred and raised from an egg." "Like Hagrid," she mumbled absently. He chuckled. "Well, legally, in my case." He glanced down, studying the dragon, who was currently blowing idle smoke out of its nostrils. "I think she likes you." "She's – it's a tattoo, Charlie. She – it can't have feelings." "That's where you're wrong. Greta happens to be an excellent judge of character." He caught her eye. "As I said, she likes you." - Hehehe.
Makokam chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
"Every one of her sons. Including Harry"
My favorite line in the story.

And a very nice chapter as well. Had to admit I was wondering just what was going on at the start. I was thinking, "Isn't this supposed to be a Hermione/Charlie fic?"

The transition was kind of odd though, since you went from Tonks' point of view to Hermione's, while she was supposedly thinking about how she and Harry got together. My guess is it's because you just can't resist throwing some Harry/Tonks in.

Makokam out.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Nice story and I wondered if Harry and Tonks had been working on getting Hermione and Charley together rather then the other way around? Thanks for sharing!
harrytonkslover2216 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
what a wonderful little fic! I love fics that give you a peak at Harry and Tonks happily married with kids there just are not many fics at all that even go there!