Reviews for A Chocolate Factory?
Turrislucidus chapter 24 . 7/25
If they ever find out, those poor un-observant kids are gonna kick themselves that they didn't notice Mr. Willy Wonka in their midst. It's as the musical says… You really don't know who's standing next to you. But Charlie does, and lucky him. It pays to pay attention. Looking forward to more, as and when.
Linkwonka88 chapter 1 . 2/23
I love this story how how you made the characters of Charlie and family
come out as well as Willy Wonka and the Oompa Loompa also...wish
there was more and I think it was the Energizer Bunny? I don't recall it
being Duracell. Love ya linkwonka88
Turrislucidus chapter 23 . 12/13/2013
The reaction he'll get… don't know, and can't wait to find out! I'm so glad you're back to continue this story. The 'ten second rule' comment was LOL, but the banter of this reminiscence was also touching: so care-free in a man whose life later brought him so many opportunities to become care-worn… and yet, undaunted, he soldiers on.

I also agree completely with your observation that inventing is Willy's true love. The world lucked out when he decided to lavish that talent on candy!
Turrislucidus chapter 22 . 5/23/2013
Whoa! Good golly Molly! Didn't see any of this coming! On the other hand, candy-making seems to run in the family. Good news for Mr. Wonka, and they're not really strangers after all, more good news, after years of bad news, in the past. Looking forward to seeing where this goes in the future! Thanks.
Turrislucidus chapter 21 . 5/23/2013
Yeah. What would he have done if none of them passed the test? A thorny question.

Clever Mr. Wonka to come up with such effective mind control techniques, and so useful for those bratty ticket finders.
Turrislucidus chapter 20 . 5/23/2013
The Victor Hugo quote reminds me of the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, as described by the Collins English Dictionary:
"(Linguistics) the theory that human languages determine the structure of the real world as perceived by human beings, rather than vice versa, and that this structure is different and incommensurable from one language to another. [named after Edward Sapir (1884-1939), US anthropologist and linguist, and Benjamin Lee Whorf (1897-1943), US linguist]"
Was Victor Hugo their inspiration? Something to ponder over a cup of hot chocolate...
Turrislucidus chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
Those grandfathers! Lying down on the job, they were; lazy sods!

Charlie's emotional reactions remind me of the lyric from Joni Mitchell's song 'People's Parties': "...laughing and crying, you know it's the same release". You wonderfully describe the sea-change he's navigating - one that would be difficult for someone twice his age.

As for Wonka, I look forward to reading on. Thanks for this excellent chapter.
Turrislucidus chapter 18 . 5/23/2013
A pithy chapter for less than 2000 words; it packs a punch. Charlie's comment "...so I'm constantly looking for you" particularly resonates. I suppose it's only natural Charlie would look to the person who caused the change, to manage the change, effectively, and make things less strange and scary.
Turrislucidus chapter 17 . 5/18/2013
I have to admire the way Charlie laid down the law with his mother, and do hope she can understand why she is so cynical toward Mr. Wonka. Her assessment of the way Mr. Wonka views, and treats, the Oompa-Loompas is particularly harsh, and heaven knows what she is basing that on! I hope we will get to the bottom of this!
Turrislucidus chapter 16 . 5/16/2013
Thoughts do live, and the way you phrase a thing certainly sets the tone, even to giving away the desired answer. Mrs. Bucket is right to want to be present when Mr. Wonka asks Charlie about his plans going forward for the paper route. But I'm going to give that round to Mr. Wonka. He has an excellent point in that some other child may need the route now, in the same way that Charlie needed it then - before his luck changed.

Mr. Wilkinson as translator is a nice touch. Mr. Wonka and Mrs. Bucket must both be grateful. It will be interesting to see if they can progress to a point where a translator isn't necessary!
Turrislucidus chapter 15 . 5/16/2013
Ellie deserves a lot of credit for wanting to hold her own here against what amounts to a river of changes. Rather than let events and personalities bedazzle her into making mis-steps, she struggles to keep her head above water (chocolate?), striving to make the right choices for her family. It doesn't help that others are already suggesting possible futures for her, when the present has yet to be sorted, but I wonder if her determined resistance is as helpful to her as she thinks it is.

Thanks for this chapter's opportunity for introspection.
Turrislucidus chapter 14 . 5/12/2013
There were 'hints and allegations'... Tragic pasts? Interesting... very interesting. The combination of background and tidbits in this chapter is most satisfying.
Turrislucidus chapter 13 . 5/12/2013
I can't help but chuckle, imagining Mrs. Bucket raring to do battle with the over-stepping Mr. Wonka, only to find he has deftly removed himself from the field, temporarily, in favor of a proxy. Clever man!

I enjoyed all the background in this chapter, and Mr. Wilkinson seems like a nice fellow.

When it's easy, it's easy, and it's easy for Willy, so it's easy to see why Willy wouldn't imagine inventing hard for someone else. My imagination is now engaged inventing what Mr. Wonka was doing uninvolved in Factory operation for a year. Hmmm...
WinterSparkle chapter 21 . 4/27/2013
I really love how you wrote this story it's just amazing and I hope you update soon I can't get enough! For me, this was an interesting read I thought in the later chapters it was more of a sequel to the story. (Which I find better than the actual sequel to Charlie and the chocolate factory) :) well keep up the good work! :D
Guest chapter 21 . 3/24/2013
Hello.
Just decided to drop into this fandom again and see if any decent writing had emerged and I was so happy to find this gem.

It is very well written and it is as if I were watching a sequel to the musical. I enjoyed reading very much and I look forward to more. I know this isn't a romance, but I can see that you are throwing in possibilities between Charlie's mother and Wonka or Wilkinson. I wonder if you will develop this point in the future. I am also wondering if you will be introducing more members of the Wilkinson family. I am also wondering if the Oompa Loompas will be dancing anytime soon :)

I really like Wonka's 'dress up for publicity' idea and Charlie's 'meet up with his teacher' idea. I would love to see Wonka vs Turpentine!

On a side note: Your chapters 3 and 4 seem to be identical.