Reviews for Orphaned at Sea
MacAttack3355 chapter 8 . 2/15
I love this story! I always thought the father/son relationship between Bridger and Lucas that was hinted at on the show needed to be much, much stronger. If Lucas' biological parents must be killed off to achieve that, then so be it. Screw 'em! It's about time that poor boy got some dedicated love and attention - and if some of that love and attention happens to fall on his behind, all the better!

As for technical critique (because you asked for it): What's with all the isolated lines of text? If a string of sentences are all about the same topic, it's perfectly acceptable to join them together into a paragraph. As a result of not using paragraphs, sometimes your pronouns get "orphaned" (not at sea!). At worst, this can be confusing to the reader, but usually it's merely awkward to come across a lone pronoun that does not refer to any specific antecedent within the sentence/paragraph. Sorry, I don't mean to be nitpicking here; the story is perfectly enjoyable to read as it written, so no worries!
Interesting story, clever idea that it was Lucas's plan to get onto SeaQuest. Thank you for writing this.
murphycat chapter 8 . 9/12/2014
I really enjoyed this story and I totally understand the 'writer's block' and 'un-inspiration.' Do the best you can.
starjems88 chapter 8 . 4/15/2013
Loved it :)
Ocsargirl chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
Read this before years ago. I still like it. Even like the way you stole the scene from the Elvis movie. Keep writing
fanfictionfever chapter 8 . 1/15/2013
aw happy ending, well for the most part. being grounded isn't fun.
TwilightGuru09 chapter 8 . 1/6/2013
Great job and welcome back. It gives me hope too. Been out of it for a while. Want to begin writing again but just not there yet. Love the story!
accounting professional chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I love family interaction.
accounting professional chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I loved the father/son interaction when Bridger found Lucas.
accounting professional chapter 6 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I loved the reaction when they found the birth cerfication.
accounting professional chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I loved the interaction before the funeral when the captain helped him with his tie.
accounting professional chapter 4 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I loved the interaction when they arrived at the house.
accounting professional chapter 3 . 12/31/2012
Great chapter. I loved how the captain was trying to get Lucas to talk about what had happened.
accounting professional chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
Good chapter. I loved the interaction among the crew as they discussed as how to tell Lucas that his parents were dead.
accounting professional chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Good chapter. I loved the father/son interactrion between Bridger and Lucas.