Reviews for The Woman
KBRC chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
"Someone else's at any rate, but a heart none the less." I'm crying. god. wow.
Aussieflower chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
(not logged in)

Yes! I have been waiting for a story like this for aaaaaages and I loved it! I think you really did the character of Sally justice here: Her mixed feelings and empathy were really enjoyable to read. It's really hard sometimes to portray Sally as something other than an antagonist (basically the unjust way she was portrayed in the show) because it's kind of satisfying seeing her be bested. I've made that mistake before as well, and so I really appreciate the way you wrote her here.
I also loved Irene and the conversation the two women shared. I really liked that you didn't exaggerate Sally's shock at the implications of Irene's statements too much and also the fact that the dialogue wasn't superfluous, which I think was very in character.
The only thing that I thought you over did a little was your description of Irene's perfection, it seemed a little over the top for Sally to be thinking like that (but I do it all the time as well, so I 'spose this review is turning into more of an confession of my mistakes. Sorry about that :D ).
Anyways, I loved this scenario and Sally's characterisation.
I hope to see loads more work from you!
Aussieflower x
Lisek chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Love It! brings a new perspective to Donovan. Two phrases that confused me was "like impregnable steel lingered behind the orbs of brown" and in another paragragh you mentioned "cunning chocolate swimming with tears and red from crying" I believe Irenes eyes are blue. I really wanted to read more, possibly things about Sherlock that only the Woman would know. things to send Sally off tilt, things that would shock her. I like that you kept the woman mysterious from Sally, perhaps instinctily Irene knows that Sally is not to be trusted. But all the same people needed to know how this so called heartless man had stolen so many hearts. looking forward to reading some more of your stories.