Reviews for The Coldest and The Boldest
GeorgeTheQuietPony chapter 13 . 6/16
I discovered this story a couple of days ago, and I just finished it... THIS WAS SO GREAT! I loved every second of it. I'm a big sucker for Toothiana x Jack Frost (aka Rainbow Snowcone), and I love how many tender and fluffy moments are in this story. Reading Tooth's crush develop into true love was wonderful. Thanks for this story.
Sadicticuniverse101 chapter 8 . 1/8
Arachne didn’t loose, Athena turned her into a spider before a winner was announced because Arachne was weaving all of the gods and goddesses fears.
Redstoo chapter 13 . 7/14/2020
Usually I don't like ear pierce on dudes but I let this one slide, just this one.
Redstoo chapter 11 . 7/14/2020
Please stop giving me heart attack, the family reunion was very wholesome and you did a good job but please i'm in too deep for this story now so one female or kid character death would fuck me up.
Redstoo chapter 4 . 7/13/2020
My bad. It's Tangled.
Redstoo chapter 4 . 7/13/2020
Pretty sure there's a Rapunzel reference in here.
arksy chapter 11 . 5/28/2020
Uhh... what? What, everything’s good now? Just... years of bullshit and lies and everything’s suddenly just good with a hug? She loves him, does she? Yeah, sure she loved him when she badmouthed him in front of the press like a petulant teenage girl. Jesus Christ. “She smelled like home”? Fat lot of good home is when he’s been in the care of his uncle for the past few years. Wouldn’t that be slightly more “home”, rather than his shitty mum? It doesn’t make sense—wouldn’t there be a lingering sense of mistrust? Jack trusts basically no one—he’s the coldest kid in town, notoriously uncaring, cruel, and standoffish. That’s been established. Why would he just accept it when when the mum just says “I love you”? Nah. Trust issues doesn’t cave at some lovely /words/. Unbelievable, contradicting, way too easy. There’s gotta be a recovery arc. C’mon.

And anyway, the mother is wildly hypocritical. The narrative basically implies the reader should give the mum the benefit of the doubt—to give her our compassion through a little recap of how tough she’s had it. “I was so distraught, I couldn’t HELP but to call my (mischievous, good-natured, loyal) son a liar and a murderer!” Okay, sheesh, /that/ was badly handled. How could I feel any empathy when the reader’s been practically geared up to hate this woman from the first mention? This needs to be built up to work, not just dumped all at once like that. Seriously. /She’s/ the one who took one look at the New Years’ situation and didn’t even /try/ to understand what went through Jack’s mind. What a fucking arsehole.

But the whole reasoning‘s a little flimsy in the first place. Why would she blame her son like that? She’s been shown to be kind, she’s actually very in love with her husband, she’s well-off and has a happy family with the exception of her sick daughter. What went through her mind, really? And c’mon. Don’t tell me the marriage wasn’t a little strained after the accident. It can’t possibly be that perfect.

And what, she’s some kind of substitute mum for Tooth now? What makes anyone think she’s capable of taking care of a third, when she can’t even handle two? And just because you know logically that your mum’s probably fine doesn’t mean the worry just magically goes away. One of her worst fears has been realised—mum won’t come home—and irrational fear is, indeed, a thing, despite reassurances.

Also, on a completely other note, what’s with the “Jack’s-a-popsicle” thing? Did Spirit/Guardian Jack from the movie actually impregnate a human to make that blood-line possible? Did some 17-20 year old miraculously believe and romance ensued? Did that woman marry an invisible person? What.

And if every male in the bloodline is cold and white-haired, wouldn’t it be freezing in there, huh? With no body heat, I mean. And wouldn’t people ask questions as to why Jack or some uncle has a body temperature low enough to be hypothermic? Wouldn’t someone want to investigate that? Or it it widely known their ancestor was a honest-to-god winter spirit? Is Jack a reincarnation of the movie version? Is this a completely different universe?

Also. What’s with the snowflake charm on his flip-phone? That hasn’t been explained, why it’s so bloody important.

But, well... there’s a few chapters left. I hope some things are cleared up.
elocin the lost chapter 11 . 5/28/2020
damn this chapter made me cry
elocin the lost chapter 7 . 5/28/2020
Uncle Moon ships it! AAAA theyre so cute Jack is such an oblivious sweetheart and TOOTH IS SO LOVELY HHH
elocin the lost chapter 6 . 5/28/2020
JACK CHECK THE GRIN, YOURE IN LOVE STOP BEING SO OBLIVIOUS GAH
Sickle C chapter 14 . 5/1/2020
Since these days are spent in home quarantining and doing loads of college assignments, I just thought of searching a ROTG fanfic just for short escape, and boy am I glad I found this masterpiece. Brings me back to middle school times when i obsess over ROTG. Thanks for the amazing and well-written story.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/12/2019
Yikes. What the heck got into Jack? Like, ouch. If I were Tooth in her position, I'd just grab his arm and pull him behind me until we get to a place that didn't have a lot of people around and slip him back his phone with a childish grin. For some reason if you smile at people when they're mad they tend to either punch you or calm down (then again, maybe they're calm because they're confused but eh. What works, works)
Guest chapter 3 . 11/12/2019
Teacher: Hand it over
Jack: No.
Teacher: Hand it over!
Jack: No.
Teacher: Guard!
Gaurd: Problem ma'm?
Teacher: Not unless Jack hands over... whatever it is.
Jack: I have a problem, she's going around stealing things from students.
Gaurd turns to class: This true?
Class: Yep.
Guard turns back to teacher: I'm afraid you'll have to come with me

Congradulations to ppl who actually read this.
pandaghoul1417 chapter 14 . 9/5/2019
I just finished reading this at 1 am.
the story was Amazing
the feelings. the distance.
I was really sad for both of them.
your writing was great
I would rate this story 9.9/10
we need more fluff lol Just Kidding
I hope you are doing well and still writing.
it's been a pleasure to read your story.
BluePhoenixRising15 chapter 7 . 5/7/2019
I recognised all the names you used. What a nerd I am. LOL Love your story!
1,474 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »