Reviews for Forgiveness
archsage328 chapter 1 . 6/4/2016
I beat Bastion some time ago, and its spiritual successor Transistor fairly recently. So I've been feeling an urge to see how people write these characters in fan fic. This story is short, but sweet and powerful. The pacing is alright, and I don't recall any typos. More than anything, however, you NAILED Rucks and Zulf's characters. Bravo!

I think my only real criticism is that I think you could made a little longer. Not by much, mind you. Otherwise, you might have run the risk too much, given the premise of the one-shot. But even so, I still think you could have added just a tad bit more detail

In the end, it's a brief one-shot that still managed to leave me feeling pretty satisfied. So thank you very much for writing this.
Templeton chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
That's pretty good! Captures the talk of Rucks more then most fics I've read!

I'd love to hear the voice-actor say this xD.
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
I like it. Good job capturing Rucks' diction and the general flow of his storytelling, both were entrancing elements in the original and are a must for anything related to the old-timer.

I did detect two easy typos:
1: ...not after all that all that had happened since he read that journal.
"All that" isn't normally repeated twice in a row by normal speakers of the Caelondian tongue. Not in my experience, anyway. Jokes aside, nine presses of the delete button in the right space and this one will be alright.
2: We stare at each other for minute.
Although Rucks does have a trademark way of abbreviating his sentences, leaving "a" out between "for" and "minute" seems going a bit far. Again, an easy fix and all the better for it once it's done.

But other than that, this worked great. I like how you tied everything together, never putting in something that felt out of the weave of Rucks' narration. I mean, sure, he has a few stray elaborations here and there, but it's all part of his style and you seem to understand that.

To Rucks and Zulf, maybe the only forgiveness they were interested in was resetting time and taking back everything that's been done. Forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean taking back an action, because it isn't something you do. You can apologize, but it takes the afflicted party to forgive.

But don't pay that no mind. You did good, so keep it up.
Regards,
-CG
How-I-Became-The-Sea chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Uh... wow. This is good enough to be canon. If there is a sequel to Bastion, they need to hire you as a writer. Thank you.