Reviews for Unheeded Advice
Frau Wilhelm Klink chapter 1 . 12/23/2021
This was fantastic! Love how you added more detail to this episode. Well done. :)
mrspencil chapter 1 . 8/2/2021
This is a lovely look at the episode, and the General’s relationship with Hogan. I enjoyed the wry comments from the interrogator, and the pride before a cataclysmic fall:-)
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
This is a wonderful look inside the mind of Hogan’s nemesis – and what’s wonderful about it is that you show he has exactly the weakness he perceives in Hogan: overelaborate planning. The first two paragraphs pair so ironically with the final two. Biedenbender's soliloquy really does show how his flaw leads to his downfall, so we see how he gets to his epiphany at the end. A great character study, picking up on all the little clues from the episode to show their significance!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I am always in admiration of your ability to write wonderful fics for the one-shot or minor characters in this fandom, and this is no exception!

I can't think of very many fics from Biedenbender's POV. Heh, that ending was a bit delicious to read. Fella had it coming.
cdg12 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
A good way of showing how Biedenbender went so wrong...
A good story, well done
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This is a nice look at an episode based on the baddie's perspective. It never compromises the character as we see him in the show while he's taught an important lesson. I have to laugh at your closing line though. It made me think of that radio/tv show from the 40s/50s.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I chuckled at the bit about Major Duerr...sounded exactly like Hogan! Biedenbender really should have heeded the phrase 'Pride goeth before the fall':-)

Nicely done!
buggleston chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Wonderful story!
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Excellent story.
jodm chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This is wonderful! Love the way you twisted this episode to show Biedenbender's perspective and the way he realizes Hogan has outsmarted him! Great!
Snooky chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Great job with Biedenbender's character. I loved seeing his point-of-view. I cringe every time he mentions Hilda. He always seemed so unlikeable. I love this episode, and it was great to read this one-shot.

Sue
Belphegor chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Yay, another contest story! Having watched that episode again recently (it's one of my very favourites), I still had Biedenbender's smug grin in mind, and the story, especially the ending, was all the more enjoyable for it!

I love all the little characterisation details you provide on everyone, particularly Hogan's uncanny way of talking a lot while not saying much and of getting other people to talk - he is an excellent con man, isn't he? Scarily good :D

And yes, the good general should have listened to his father... He'll have all the time in the world to reflect on it now.

Great story!

(PS: I do believe the umlaut in "fräulein" is on the "ä", not the "ü" - I have to keep reminding myself when I write :o)
piceamariana chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This was well written; I could hear Biedenbender's voice saying all if this. And his father apparently knew him well enough to anticipate, in a way, his actions!

I loved the description of Hogan as slippery. Very adept. Just like him to turn an interrogation around on the interrogators!
FloatingPizza chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Quite an enjoyable little story! I loved your Beidenbeder- I hope that's how you spell his name- and his amusing, self-satisfied tone. You wrote him very well. Good integration of your opening line, as well. Vater knows best, indeed :)
ColHogan chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
You pegged Biedenbender exactly. I could hear his voice in my head as I read the piece. Well done!