Reviews for Unbridled Expectations
rainbowlover25 chapter 28 . 22h
Omg! As always you leave me wanting more! Jareth finally telling Valentine they are done just made me so happy. Uhoh! I need more, please please update soon:)
I am simply loving this story, the plot line is fascinating and the love that Jareth and Sarah is simply beautiful!

Please, please let Jareth survive, I don't think I could handle it if he died!

Keep up the amazing work, you are so talented :D thank you for bringing a brightness to my month!
Yasmin chapter 28 . 8/22
Omg! I simply love your story! It's so amazing! Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the next chapter!
kumyki chapter 28 . 8/17
Is it strange that I keep imagining the Rumplestiltskin from Once Upon A Time? I'm loving your story but dear god you're tearing my emotions to shreds every which way possible with it! I love it!
Aurlia chapter 28 . 8/16
Love it! Thank you for the updates. Starting to feel sympathy for Valentine; crazy I know!
Cutie! Jareth needs to man up already. Update soon!
comical freaka chapter 28 . 8/15
Well, well, well... that is a very interesting plot development. You give us rumple! I'm imagined him to look like rumple from Once upon A Time..now I'm giddy with excitement. Thank you for your update!
Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy more chapters! Keep me coming, maybe they'll do a nice slow dance again without Sarah running away
comical freaka chapter 27 . 8/14
My heart is overjoyed with this update! Oh Jareth! Be a man-fae and declare your love! Oh heavens. . A party indeed!
kellyn1604 chapter 28 . 8/14
Just found this one today. Omg, I hate Valentine so much. I don't care if she turns over a new leaf. Biotch has gots to go. I hope Jareth gets well and truly healed soon.
Hmmmn! How very like the fey! :-) I'm very much enjoying this piece and can't wait for the next installment! The fact that your getting honest critics and backlash is a sign that you're doing a good job! I couldn't hack it so I really truly admire those who do. I've bookmarked this fic so that I can read the whole piece.
Glitter Poisoned My Blood chapter 28 . 8/14
3000 bucks Roman is Rumpelstiltskin.
Jetredgirl chapter 28 . 8/13
Okay, now I'm not confused about Jareth..but I really need to go back and read I must have missed Rumplestiltskin before. Is this a OUAT crossover character coming into play? That is an interesting idea. I am a big OUAT fan and have occasionally thought maybe if it stayed on long enough they might go "underground." ;) But it wouldn't be the same if GK was anyone but DB I'm afraid. He may be a little too "iconic" to be played by someone else.
I'm enjoying your story, wasn't being critical I just couldn't figure out what was going on.
Not everyone is going to like everything you do. Nature of the beast. It does sting at times, when people say things, but putting anything out in the public forum for other people to read, it's going to happen. Just follow your path and write. From my experience you can't turn on a dime and just change how you write, what your story and your process is, to please others. Writing doesn't work that for me personally. It flows the way it flows, the story creates itself and I'm along for the ride and to put it in some semblance of order haha. This story has a lot of readers and in the big picture very few bad reviews. So I would say you are doing fine :)
Honoria Granger chapter 28 . 8/13
So all of a sudden Rumpelstiltskin is a player? Sorry, but that's it for me. And although I'm well aware you're a "real, feeling person", you need to realize that nobody is saying things to hurt you personally.

If you put a story or a movie or a book or whatever out into the world, you must be prepared to face the fact that not everyone is going to love it and that they are going to tell you what disappoints them about it. It's called criticism, and all artists must accept it. I am a professional writer myself, with numerous books published in the real world, and I know the feeling well!
If people are telling you that there are parts of the story not resonating with them, of course you don't have to change your story, but you do have to respect that they have put effort into reading your story and have written supportive comments and are entitled to tell you how they feel about it. Their feelings are legitimate, and if you want their respect you have to respect those feelings in return.

I don't see any criticism here that is mean-spirited or flaming, just honest, disappointed words from people who are unhappy with the way the story is going and who are allowed to say so. If you're unable to accept that, as a writer, then maybe you shouldn't be writing for the public in the first place. In real life, not everyone is going to like what you do, and fanfic writers seem to have an inordinate and quite unrealistic sense that everyone should.

I've enjoyed this story so much from the beginning and have reviewed it as such, but first it got tedious and slow, and now it's just weird, confusing and poorly executed. It seems as if you're pulling characters and events in out of nowhere, are not sticking to the main plot and development, and are not setting up both plot and characters as well as you did previously.
I'm allowed to feel that, and I'm allowed to say that. Not to hurt you, but to give you a sense of where you are going wrong as a writer, in hopes of being able to help. I'll probably keep reading just to see where you take it: I've invested so much time so far that it would be a shame not to stick around for the conclusion, and the original plot premise was brilliant, but like other readers here I've become a bit disenchanted. So, thank you for the story up to now, and good luck with it and all your future endeavors.
Just-a-guest05 chapter 28 . 8/13
I think your story is amazing. Don't worry about the negative comments that are hurtful. Just keep doing what you are doing if it makes you happy.