Reviews for Only time will tell
Soy YO-SARIEL chapter 21 . 4/15
MUY BUENO
Hesperis chapter 21 . 3/23
Very nice story! I read it in one go! :D
Can I just say that your author's notes on their own are almost a chapter by themselves. Cut the,most and cut them down please. Thank you
hjohn302 chapter 21 . 1/7
This is amazing.
I found this story... somehow, not exactly sure how...

But what a story you wove! I love how you melded Bilbo's dreams with the power of the Ring and how he tried everything to stop his family from dying. You did a beautiful job, and the way you had the care and concern grow between Bilbo and Thorin... and the boys too... It was well done, well paced and excellently developed.

I loved everything about this story!
Thank you for sharing it with us! :)
Superb story! :)
Oh I am Slain chapter 21 . 10/12/2013
This story is a delight. In terms of plot, I might even prefer it over canon.

A few typos and possible plot holes (I could see what you intended, but it wasn't explicitly written), but nothing severe enough to detract from the story. I personally dislike angsty stories, and though this story sometimes toed the line, the angst overall was fairly plausible, given Bilbo's history, the dreams, and the Ring.

I hope to see more 'For Want of a Nail' / plot derailment stories from you. Cheers!
Purestrongpoem chapter 21 . 9/21/2013
Great story
oOLittle OneOo chapter 20 . 6/6/2013
Wow! I really enjoyed reading this!
Congratulations! It was excellent! The plot read well and you managed to bring out the characters really well!
Well done!
Blackshadow32 chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
. . . I have no words to explain how good this whole story was. This review will e nothing compare to your story. I grant thee a wonderful job though it could probably be said better.
xneoncheaterx chapter 20 . 5/3/2013
Awesome!
Sin of the Fallen chapter 20 . 4/13/2013
Hooray! They survived!
Automail-gHost chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
Dude! At the time I first read this, I was so enthralled by its beautiful glory, I completely forgot about something...

You didn't do the trolls!

I wanna see YOUR version of what happened! Maybe have Bilbo injured by the hulking beasts when they hold him hostage! It would be SOOOO awesome!

Please do it. Oh please!...I'm begging you here. You would do such a good job! XD
Rainsaber chapter 20 . 3/16/2013
Yayyyyyyyy! Congrats again on finishing an AWEsome story! I absolutely love it because there are just so many moments in this story that come to mind that I love. Bilbo's relationship to Thorin, to the ring, to the company, to Gandalf, to Legolas, the nature of the ring, the nature of his dreams, the dragon...put it this way, there's just far too much awesome packed into this story for me to even begin to go into. And this epilogue gave me the serious creeps! It's excellently written and ties up a lot towards the end of the story while also leaving room for the sequel which is great. Which leads me to perhaps my final point, the imagery throughout this fic from beginning to end was what grabbed me in the beginning and even here in the end it's just as striking and memorable and inspiring. You have such a gift with imagery in your stories and adding in all the lore and history of Middle-Earth along with that gives things such a keen sense of reality that I almost feel like I'm watching a film in the way Tolkien would have appreciated it most. Let's be honest, Peter Jackson has his own style of movie-making, but here I can see a stark contrast and it's really neat and refreshing to see! Awesome job again and on to the sequel! ;)
ShatteredRhapsody chapter 8 . 3/14/2013
God...just...just Bilbo's outburst gets me close to tears because it's so gut-wrenchingly painful what he says.
BelleBeauty2694 chapter 20 . 3/9/2013
This was wonderful! I think I like this version of the Hobbit more than the original! I do hope that you continue!