Reviews for Misao Ascendant
Bonsoir chapter 1 . 2/3
My favorite lines were definitely "She was only a child, I reminded myself. Only a child." And then, "She felt all woman to me."

I think that was a really interesting take on episode 89; to be frank, I really dislike that episode as an A/M shipper; not only does it not jive with canon for me, but it screams paternal affection from Aoshi's POV. That aside, I really like how this piece turned out, and you seemed to balance Aoshi's view of Misao with the reality fairly well. I can easily imagine that he would have a hard time adjusting to the changes in his life, particularly in regards to Misao, who, as you say here, is, in her own way, the keeper of his innocence and purity. (For some reason, the way you explained it within this story just made a lot of sense to me.)

Anyway, nice story. It was a pleasant read. :)
Espejo-mirror chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Mm I believe that not is the end, I will dreaming that Aoshi follow Misao and live happy forever hahaha, kisses
ShaenaV chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I love it :) It's a good look into Aoshi's mind and what he thinks. It also feels perfectly plausible, knowing the relationship between Misao and Aoshi. It's really beautiful... Thank you :)
Warg chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Hey..

Amazing as ever..

I've taken to reading up on your work in little bits.. it really is a treat each time.

Great way to draw out the scene.. brilliant and simple word choice(as usual) and a perfect handling of characters.

Thanks once more for this.

Girl of 1000 Loves chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
That was really good. You should continue writing forever and a day.
jesphoenix05 chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
I love it! He slowly comes to realize what he has and without breaking character! I love that! In fact they both stay within character very well and yet manage to grow. Sweet without being too sappy. I love it!
Midori Konbu chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Indescribeably good vignette.. how I wish you could make this a full-blown series, but maybe not, it's great as is.. _
Wufeisgirl chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Whe! You listen to F4 also? or just Vic...?
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
A very satisfying exploration of this curious and haunting relationship.
iluvulaceylou chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Beautiful! O.O I bow down to your greatness.
Iryl chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Aw . . . sweet! _
Saucie chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Wow. It's the - it's the rhythm of this, the feeling of inevitability laced through the scenes, through Aoshi's thoughts, that is so captivating. Stories in first person, especially with Aoshi, can be very restricted - even though the narration should give them freedom - but this isn't. We're in Aoshi's head, but only to the extent that he lets us in.

All the scenes in Aoshi's room were brilliantly done - short, nothing extraneous, but creating the atmosphere that characterises this fic. This excerpt is my favourite:

"If I had left, I would have been acknowledging the woman before me. If I had left, I would have been saying that being with her was wrong. If I had left, everything would have changed.

I stayed."

It is the way the words 'I stayed' come in a separate line, giving them an impact no amount of elaboration could have.

Brilliant work. I bow.
Monigue chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
This is... gorgeous. Though Megumi and Sanosuke are my couple of choice, this fic has showed me how beautiful this couple can be. I applaude you, because despite that fact that they do not get together at the end (which normally annoys me) this story is flawless.
Anime-Angel-Ash chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
This was a really, really good story. No mushy, gushy crap, but still sweet enough to make people happy. Good job!
Dishabille chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Keep up the wondrous work - this is my favourite of the Aoshi/Misao stories you have written. I am almost persuaded to convert myself to a rabid fan of the pairing, though I'd better stay neutral! That said, I spot no critic's qualms in your story, for you have crafted everything in a simple brilliance, and all is in order and balance.

The scene of Misao snuggling up to Aoshi was especially heartwarming and unique. Again, keep up the fantastic work - I have you listed as one of the authors in my C2 community Rurouni Revival with this story. I look forward to more.