Reviews for Roses Are Red: The Eigth Hunger Games
Guest chapter 27 . 6/25/2013
Can you actually update violets are blue please?
coaster317 chapter 18 . 6/15/2013
THE PRINCESS BRIDE IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE! Hello, my name is Indago Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!
Hungergameslover04 chapter 27 . 5/24/2013
Oh, wow, I didn't even see the email for this chapter! I am really glad that Lani got to have children, but it's terrible her husband died! Poor girl, she can never catch a break, can she? Sorry for not reviewing till now! I will miss all of the lovely tributes! Goodbye Aidan, Bobbin will definitely fighting for you and the other innocent tributes in these Games!

For real signing off,

-Hungergameslover04
Hungergameslover04 chapter 26 . 5/13/2013
Man, I'm sad to see this story ending:( I would always look forward to seeing it show up in my email. Always interesting. The tributes of the 8th Annual Hunger Games will never be forgotten!

And, to answer your questions:

OVERALL, DID YOU LIKE THE STORY?
I did I did. Absolutely. Sure, at first, I was scared that would be lost thoughtful the arena, but I always found my way and I can still remember each tribute. Great, great story.

WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE TO MAKE IT BETTER?
I really can't think of anything right now, maybe a little more drama? (I am a actress, so drama is one of my favorite things.)

WHAT WAS MY BIGGEST STRENGTH(s) AS A WRITER?
You were always good at setting the mood, which was something I wish I was better at. And you made it very easy to connect to te tributes.
BIGGEST WEAKNESS(es)?
Sometimes things could get a little choppy. And yeah.

DO YOU THINK I DID THE CHARACTERS JUSTICE?
I did. Aiden was great. I really miss him. And you can definitely tell that all the tributes had a distinct personality.

DID THEY SEEM REALISTIC ENOUGH?
I think so. My problem is that I like to make my characters all too overdramatic and exaggerated, while you toning or down helped make them more relatable.

WAS THE UPDATE TIMING FAIR?
Better than mine. I think it was actually good timing, because, I mean, not everyone can update everyday, and I think everyone understands that.

I think your mood was very creepy, but in a good way. I believe that was what you were going for, and you pulled it off very well!

I don't know, the Reapings were alright. It's your story, and would like to read them any way you write them. It's your decision but I do think some found them alittle to follow of you didn't read them thoroughly. The rest of the chapters were very similar to the way I write, so I could definitely understand them well!

WHAT'S YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR ME?
Keep writing! With writing comes skill and experience, which are things every writer could use!

ARE YOU SAD THE STORY'S ENDING?

DID YOU LIKE THAT I GAVE TRIBUTES SONGS?
At first I was like, "Carry On, what?" But I went and listen to it on my iPod, and I realized how much it really did relate to Aiden. Very good selection, in my opinion.

See you in Violets are Blue!

Signing off,

-Hungergameslover04
CoffeeQueenDemigod chapter 27 . 5/13/2013
This was completely, and truly beautiful. My poor baby, though I knew it was gonna happen. I love that she has her daughters, and I love how she named one Calico. The part with the roses made me cry, along with the part about her husband. I love how her children keep her happy. The part with Calico and the funeral and things were the saddest thing ever...and the part with Raiden. This has been my favorite story out there, and I will never forget the beauty of it. And not just because my darling won, because of how beautiful the entire thing is. Lillith's backstory, when Canzi and Sceptor left, that night where Cali told them her secret, the part where Lani saved Cali, the scene with Ivy and Mattie, and of course, my favorite "CORN COWDER AND BREAD ROLLS!" I will always love the characters I was lucky to meet and know, and everything beautiful about it. I also loved teh part with Ash, when she went crazy, when she was missing Morgan so, and everything else. Here are the tributes who will always have a special place in my heart (who aren't mine):

Frankie for being such an amazing bamf, Konan for just being amazing, Rendwick for your loyalty and love for Alice, Aiden for being a friend and kick a** friend of Lani, Calico for being Lani's best friend during it all, Canzi for being so sassy and fabulous, Ash for your craziness and love for Morgan, Raiden for just how crazy you were, and Lillith who I finally understand. I hope they all rest in peace.

I loved this story. It was so beautiful and amazing, and funny, and dramatic, and sassy at times...all the things that make a story perfect. And perfect was this story. Thank you, Rue, for making a story I'll never forget, because I don't have the heart to forget it.

Goodbye tributes, and goodbye story, and thank you so much for Lani's victory.

Coffee
TheOtherLachance chapter 27 . 5/12/2013
Lani's a mum?! Oh wow. That's special. Nice ending, just going to check out the next story now.
Buttons301 chapter 27 . 5/11/2013
I loved this story!
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg chapter 27 . 5/11/2013
Lani is a mommy! Oh, man! ;)

A great ending, although I wish you did all of the districts instead of only three. Overall, I love your story. Bravo! Now, only VAB!
Insert a Catchy Penname Here chapter 27 . 5/11/2013
Is was beautiful...wonderful, brilliant story :)
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
Favorite quote?
"District ten, home of orphans."

Man, this broke my heart, especially my Mattie's funeral. He had no one left to mourn him, my poor baby. I loved your story overall, I just feel like some things were a bit rushed, like the trapped in the roses part. As a whole, this was great.
CoffeeQueenDemigod chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
That was perfect! All of the funerals. I think the one that hurt me the most was Lillith's. I never cared for Lillith, she had never been my favorite, but how her mother reacted to her daughter's death...that is the most horrible thing I could imagine. I feel pity for Lillith for the first time in this story. This completely explains why she was the was she was. I need read her reaping, of course, but I understand her better then I ever did now. Rest In Peace, Lillith Gold.

NOOOOOO NOT FRANKIE! Poor baby! Her funeral made me cry! I loved her so much! Poor Jamie. Rest In Peace, Frankie, I loved you.

NOOOOOOOO ALICE! SHE CAN'T DIE! Poor, poor girl. I loved Rendwick so much, and I understand Alice's reasoning, but still...I miss her already! Rest In Peace both Alice and Rendwick.

Where's Aiden? I read it over again and I can't find his funeral! Oh well. I loved you so much, Aiden, Rest In Peace.

CALI CALI CALI! POOR BABY! I loved you as well. Thank you for being such a good friend to Lani. Really, Lani won for you and Aiden. A side people may not have noticed about Lans is she is also really loyal, and she may have won for you, not just for the spotlight. Rest In Peace, darling Cali.

The song for Konan made me cry! I'll miss this one so much! I truly loved him so much! Rest In Peace, Konan!

I'm glad Lani talked at Tar's funeral. I loved Tar. He reminds me of a tribute from my games. I'll miss Tar. I loved him. Rest In Peace, Tar!

Anyway, I'm ready for Violets Are Blue! Go Magenta!

(Would to the survay thing, but you see how long this review is already...love ya though, and the story)

This is the best fanfic I've had the pleasure to read. The one I've been the most interesting though. It hurts me to see it end, though. I loved it so much, and it is the biggest honor to have your tribute win. I've cared about so many tributes, and some I wished would win, but I'm still glad my baby is okay. Anyway, thank you for giving me the honor of letting me read the most enjoyable story I read. I loved this so, so much, and I'll always come back and read this.

Coffee.
TheOtherLachance chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
OVERALL, DID YOU LIKE THE STORY?: Loved it :D

WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE TO MAKE IT BETTER?: Hmmm... Maybe draw some things out a bit more? I don't know, some stuff just seemed a little rushed.

WHAT WAS MY BIGGEST STRENGTH(s) AS A WRITER?: I loved the plot in general. The characters were done well and I can't find fault in spelling or grammar. So yeah, there were a lot of good things.

BIGGEST WEAKNESS(es)?: Like I said before, some stuff seemed a bit rushed. But then again, I get that you have a life out of writing, and it takes time and effort to do a SYOT (I had to give up on my latest...-_-).

DO YOU THINK I DID THE CHARACTERS JUSTICE?: Yesss!

DID THEY SEEM REALISTIC ENOUGH?: The majority did. There were one or two exceptions, who I won't name, but the majority seemed realistic. At first I thought Lillith wasn't realistic at all, but I changed my mind quickly. I know a girl like her.

WAS THE UPDATE TIMING FAIR?: It was pretty good.

WAS I… DRAMATIC? SUSPENSEFUL? CHEESY? CREEPY? FUNNY? UNIQUE? (please choose one or two that suits the tone of the story best, or come up with your own word): SWELL. Pfft, I love that word. I have a really English weird teacher who says it all the time, and it's not something said in Northern Ireland at least, so it's kinda weird... Um, and dramatic? SWELL and dramatic. *does the swag dance*.

DO YOU LIKE THE WAY I SET UP THE REAPING? WHAT ABOUT THE CAPITOL CHAPTERS? THE GAMES? AND WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY?: Seems pretty neat. I would have liked to see something on the train, but oh well.

WHAT'S YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR ME?: Keep writing! :D

ARE YOU SAD THE STORY'S ENDING?: Yeah, I really am. This chapter especially was very sad, and I was pretty gutted that Canzi died.

DID YOU LIKE THAT I GAVE TRIBUTES SONGS?: I do! I tried doing that with my SYOT but, since I'm a metalhead, I was having difficulty finding songs for the nicer characters. Haha, I disturbed multiple people with some of those songs...

Awesome work, and I'm really going to miss this story!
captain-random64 chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
OH MY GOD IT'S SO SAD I WANNA CRY...I SHALL CRY. I can't cry because I'm watching ab fab and I'm laughing but still it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good/sad. I just...nope, no no. I cant even begin to sum up my feelings it's just so wwhjfjhigjuretj. I don't even know what to write it was that good, I...am having a hard time to write a sentence. TEARS! TEARS EVERYWHERE!
KM.6000 chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
AWESOMENESS :D Frankies a ghost murderer... COOL :D i shall do your survey now!

WHAT WAS MY BIGGEST STRENGTH(s) AS A WRITER? Developing the characters :D

BIGGEST WEAKNESS(es)? Honestly, I didn't see anything, I love your writing style!

DO YOU THINK I DID THE CHARACTERS JUSTICE? Well, I don't know how everyone described their own characters but I think you definitely did my Frankie justice :D

DID THEY SEEM REALISTIC ENOUGH? Yeah, I live near people I'm fully convinced are in this story. I walk around "oh you're Calico definitely, you have to be Lilith ect." I'm weird :P

WAS THE UPDATE TIMING FAIR? I think it was pretty good and I really can't say anything to you about updating right now xD

WAS I… DRAMATIC? SUSPENSEFUL? CHEESY? CREEPY? FUNNY? UNIQUE? (please choose one or two that suits the tone of the story best, or come up with your own word) dramatic, funny, suspenseful, unique. I broke the rule :)

DO YOU LIKE THE WAY I SET UP THE REAPING? WHAT ABOUT THE CAPITOL CHAPTERS? THE GAMES? AND WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY? DO. NOT. DIFFERENTLY. I love the way you set up everything. That is that :)

WHAT'S YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR ME?

ARE YOU SAD THE STORY'S ENDING?

DID YOU LIKE THAT I GAVE TRIBUTES SONGS?

Okay. That's all! You can copy and paste into your review if you want!:)
Ivy000 chapter 26 . 5/6/2013
I'd take the survey, but I'm so tired... I'm just going to say one thing: YOU ARE THE BEST HUNGER GAMES WRITER EVER!