Reviews for Pentagrams and Pomegranates
The Dark One Rising chapter 27 . 9/20
I suppose what I left at AO3 wasn't really a review. I imagine more and more will slowly be uncovered about Amoretta's origins, as time goes on. The headmistress already seems to have known, although I was not aware of either Hieronymous or Amoretta informing her about Amoretta's Divine nature.

Raven's predicament was much less serious than I thought it would be. I suppose, at the same time, it is much more serious. A lack of unity and understanding between parent and child can be just as harmful as threatened physical harm.
The Dark One Rising chapter 26 . 9/20
I have been reading this on AO3, since the first redirection. However, I do still leave reviews, out of curtesy. I review on AO3 first, and then I write something over here. Imagine my surprise when I find a very short chapter, in comparison to AO3. I review and click "Next Chapter" before actually reading it. It was around then that I realized just what the chapter would entail. I confirmed that by heading back over to AO3. I did not actually bother reading this version, other than the last chapter and end note.
The Dark One Rising chapter 25 . 9/20
William has been accepted. I can't say that it wasn't anticipated. Amoretta, being who she is, was bound to convince her sometimes unreasonable husband. I still wonder if that outcome is a bit unrealistic.

Now, why would Raven ask for sanctuary? The end of this chapter feels important. It seems as though she will become a key character, like William and Ellen have. This should be interesting. Not many play around with her character, or William's, for that matter. Neither were much explored in the game, though Raven much less so.
The Dark One Rising chapter 24 . 9/20
Losing a family memeber is always rough. I am sorry to hear that.

I suppose the question of the day would be if William gets the apprenticeship. It does not seem like Grabiner will hange his mind. Yet, Amoretta sides with William. I feel like it may be too much of an unrealistic outcome of William gets the apprenticeship. Yet, I still believe it might be possible. I have a feeling that he might get what he wanted, or at least some sort of resolution.

I am more curious as to why Grabiner refuses. It is related to his past. I do not think it involves Violet, although that was my initial conclusion. Not everything has to involve her. They were married, anyway. I doubt he would have married his apprentice or made someone of a similar age his apprentice.

That begs the question, though. Why does Grabiner refuse to take an apprentice? Is he wary or afraid of getting attatched? Does he not belive himself capable of it? I would not say it is the later, although I believe the former may contribute to his reluctance.
The Dark One Rising chapter 23 . 9/19
The Headmistress is obviously an influential person. She is the second Master of a relatively new type of magic. As she is only the second, I doubt Pentochromatic is very old. However, how old is it? If it's so new, why would the Phifer's be attending the school? Why not attend a more renowned, older institution?
The Dark One Rising chapter 22 . 9/19
I have been redirected to AO3. In future chapters, will any interactions or words be changed for this website? If so, will you always leave a note about that? I think I may just finish reading to the current chapter on AO3. On principal, however, I will leave reviews on both sites.
The Dark One Rising chapter 21 . 9/18
Tantalizing little hints. Who, or rather, what, is Amoretta? How many people remmeber Violet and what actually happened? Will Amortta's soul ever be repaired? These questions will hopefully be answered.
The Dark One Rising chapter 20 . 9/18
Long periods of mostly pleasant things make me nervous when reading a story such as this. Considering the drama of the beginning, this is a far cry from the desperate life-or-death situations of before. I anticipate some great disaster, but it could just be he paranoia.
The Dark One Rising chapter 19 . 9/18
Magical culture is very interesting to consider. You have the potential to do so much world building. You've already delved into it. I hope it gets more thoroughly explored. I still have this foreboding feeling that something (Damien) will happen before that.
The Dark One Rising chapter 18 . 9/17
Poor, poor Luke. Noir is an unusual person. I would love to know just who Amoretta's mother is. Noir knows so much more than he lets on. I also wonder just why he had a kid at age 18.

I am perhaps a bit surprised. By my calculations, Granuner, age 32, teaching for 13 years, was 19 when her started teaching at Iris. He and Violet had married, then? He was probably 18 or so when he was married. While aware that she was his first love, I did not realize they were married.
The Dark One Rising chapter 17 . 9/17
This is all very sweet, but I am more interested in Amoretta's backstoy. Readers have been fed tiny bits and pieces. I would love to know just what Anoretta is, as I suspect she isn't fully mortal or human.
The Dark One Rising chapter 16 . 9/17
That was unespected. Why do I have the feeling that Amoetta's modified circle will come into play? It shouldn't, but I think she'll need to use it again. The "again" will also probably involve her ubfortunate second husband. The magic itself reminded me of an act of transmutation with alchemia circles.
The Dark One Rising chapter 15 . 9/17
Postsdam has a reason for doing what she does or lack thereof. If she interrupted them and asked Anoretta to think about her reasoning, Potsdam definitely has one. Was it to make sure those two get a alone time during the summer? Potsdam seems like she would support it. Can she read Feabuber well enough that she knew he would react like that to her interruption.
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 9/16
It's been too quiet. This makes me uneasy. I fully expect Damien to attempt something over the summer. I doubt it will be as peaceful as Amoretta has been imagining.
The Dark One Rising chapter 13 . 9/16
Anoretta's seeming innocence peeves me. How can someone be so good? Yet, how has she remained so after what she has experienced? She's quite a puzzle. Only someone as good as she could ever be trusted to possibly use the powers of luck responsibly. Even she may make a selfish demand. Despite her happy nature, she can also be very wise. Some of the statements she has made and some of her actions have made her seem indefinitely older.