Reviews for Ink-Stained Keys
kekejo99 chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
I love it!
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Lauralauralaura this was gorgeous, okay? It made me want to love piano so much more than I do (I do like it; I take lessons by choice. But this... this was a whole other type of loving something.)

"She's making beauty out of nothing, out of notes and keys and fingers." That was such a gorgeous way of wording it. The ending was also really sweet and happy and Dumbledorish. :P I loved this, Laura.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
I love this. Very much so. I loved every moment since the beginning - starting with Hannah using paper as a keyboard all the way to the end.

Her determination really shines strong throughout the entire fic - I liked how she even attempted to save up for a piano on her own. Also, her parents buying her the keyboard before a proper piano shows that they're not the type of parents to spoil their child, which was something I liked seeing in Fanfiction and real life.

[Stubby fingers are no obstacle to a determined will, and determination is something Hannah has in spades.] I feel that this line is the best of all. It describes her character so perfectly and it's just a brilliant line in general because it conveys so much meaning.

Lovely work. Thanks for submitting!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Oh my god, fantastic. :)
Hestia11 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Nice I like how she drew the board with a marker, I used to do that.
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Oh I love this! You've captured Hannah's essence very well. The same stubborn loyalty she dedicates to playing piano perfectly illustrates why she was sorted into Hufflepuff.

And I also loved the bit about the piano in her dormitory. That's just the sort of thing Dumbledore would do, and it makes Hogwarts seems even more magical, especially to a first year.

Beautiful story!

-Olivia
the drowsy poet chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This is so gorgeous. Just...the way you describe the music as she finally plays, [pure and resonant] and [loses her sense of self], then how she learns to play again after just this paper-playing [stilted notes begin to flow into beautiful melodies and she feels alive] and her /determination/ is just completely Hannah, and it makes me want to cry and hug her at the same time, because /oh/

Your writing style is beautiful.
aaliona chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
How to become a Hufflepuff
Step one: Built a loyal obsession with your hobby.
:) Excellent piece.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This is really really good! :)
cherrystar77 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Aww! We never got to know Hannah very much through the books, but you did a good job of characterizing her as a true Hufflepuff! Love it!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Aw, I really liked this. It was sweet. Hannah's determination is quite lovely and it comes through so beautifully here. I like the act that she does it even though she's told she'll be clumsy and uncoordinated. (That's how I was when I first learned how to play).

The fact that she has a piano in the dorm is fantastic. I love it. Now you're making me mi my keyboard.

Overall, lovely job, darling.