Reviews for Euphoria
jammett15 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
May you please update soon? You have me on the edge of my sheets. You left me on such a freakin cliff that I don't know what to do about it anymore. I'm constantly rereding these three chapters. The wasy you describe the asylum is wonderful. I feel like I'm truely there, somewhere stuck in a cell yelling that I'm not crazy, regardless on how much evidence they have on me. I feel Naruto's fear as he's being led to a hell he doesn't deserve to be in. I truely thought Naruto was going crazy. And Gaara! I love how you placed him in your story. The psycho playing psycho to save Naruto. I can even see the little ocean shore shack Naruto and Menma stayed in with their grandma; I cab picture the story telling mask she wore to scare them.

I love this story. Please continue so my heart nd mind can find some sort of peace XD.

From an addictive reader,

Jammett3
konoitami chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
This is so so good. I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing future chapters.
freakin'cute'blonde chapter 3 . 5/11/2013
Arh! You can't stop now. Please continue this. Your way of writing is amazing and alluring at the same time. I can't wait to find out what will happen in the fight, and between Naruto and fox. I'm following your other story, born this way. That I really like too. You come up with ideas I have never seen anywhere, and even though they're a little weird, in the good way, you manage to make them interesting. I will keep on waiting and reading :D
ZombifiedWulf chapter 3 . 3/12/2013
Omg.

Oh. My. God.

I don't know if I can wait until Friday. XD I think I'm going to just... explode. I really want to see (read?) this fight! I just know it's going to be interesting and fun and I hate you so much for breaking it up, because I want to read it NOW!

Aghhhh!

iurhqeuivherurhfeiluvhe uihw;eofij wqeofuwef uqeg8orueuregt

I'm dead. T_T AND ONLY ANOTHER CHAPTER CAN BRING ME BACK TO LIFE!

Ohmygod, I'm usually so patient, but this story... THIS. STORY.

I can't tell if I love you or hate you right now. XD
Shining-Dreamer chapter 3 . 3/9/2013
Awesome! Keep up the amazing writing!
MaliciousMango chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
This is a very interesting story. Your style of narrating is one of my favorites.
crystal ice-statis chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
"I find myself thinking that maybe Fox does play the demon fox well. He likes his nightmares, and Konoha is one all on its own."
This line is completely beautiful. it encompasses everything, naruto's love-hate completely fucked up relationship with his twin, Konoha's misery in the face of destruction, and naruto's confusion in it all. never stop writing...
CheddarTrek chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Hmm, so he's being arrested for the murder of Shishui, that's an interesting twist. Though why they think he'd be capable of it I am not sure - guess it goes back to being the jinchuuriki? He'd be accused of things pretty often, especially without the third Hokage running interference. ...ah, but I see later in your chapter you are implying he actually did manage to kill Shishui? That implies Naruto is very good in this story.

Ah, Fox -mask- so... it's not a voice in his head? I have to admit that if you're trying to make the reader wonder what's going on (along with Naruto, who is in the loony bin), you're doing a good job. I am going back and forth between thinking it's Kurama, to thinking it's a voice in head, to thinking it's someone wearing an ANBU mask.

But it seems clearer here than before, since you say he let himself get caught for Fox, who was pressing his face up against a window. So I'm confident now about what's going on, or a little moreso, but if this progression of events and reveals wasn't what you intended now you know.

Personally I think it'd be neat to play up the uncertainty for the reader, since people are telling Naruto he never existed, rather than clarifying. Just make it clearer that's what you're doing?

I thought your flashback was really, really interesting: "You can't be the fox," he'd tell me, snatching it away. "You can't do it right." Aunt Yan laughed and said the mask worked for either of us, because we were little demons.

There's so much awesome implication in that. I'm not sure where you're going with this story but this is the point at which I'm starting to get into it. That flashback though was just fantastic - Naruto with a brother, a caregiver, a warning that when she died they were to run... the feeling of that scene was really, really good.

Rather higher quality than some of the earlier stuff if I may say so.

Kakashi has a warrant out for his arrest eh? Man, so it's not just Naruto that's in trouble. Seems like Konoha in general has gone extremely downhill with the Uchiha succeeding. That's pretty cool.

Heh, Jiraiya! Fun! Also love "Scarecrow" hahah.

So yeah - all in all I think there is a ton of potential in this story. But the writing seems to oscillate between good and weird. I think with some polish and a good beta this could really shine. You're creating a world here that's different from canon but similar enough to recognize, and I really like that, but the execution is not quite up to par with the ideas.

Not far off though - and I'd keep reading, because I'm curious, so that's kudos to you.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
I started off slightly confused. Just to be sure I understand, Naruto is hearing a voice in his head that he now knows isn't real? And it not only coaxes him to do things but doubles over in laughter when it is amused? The idea is neat but that imagery confused me a bit - if it's a voice in his head how can he see it double over with a cramp? If he can see him then why describe it as a voice in his head?

Good imagery and scene leading up to "The Pit." Reminds me a bit of Dead Man Walking and the imagery associated with Death Row, even though that's not what this is. Nice name for the place too, Senju institute and whatnot.

"Feel like a spider with too many legs" - good imagery, I liked that.

Now we're moving on to the interrogation bit... Trained to fear the clucking sound the doctor makes? That's neat, and implies he's been here a while. But the next bit makes me start to wonder if we're really in Konoha or if Naruto is being tricked somehow, because the conversation with the "thinks" vs "knows" bit is just... well, I know that people weren't always nice to Naruto in Konoha, but something as serious as "killing someone" and being in a mental institution... Well, seems like the Hokage would have stepped in to make sure no one was railroading the boy.

Not to mention that I doubt Naruto killing someone would be -this- big of a deal. He's a mercenary/assassin by trade. I would expect him to get in trouble but unless he betrayed his country I doubt it'd result in what appears to be torture.

Aaah, ah ha. Just now getting that the "voice" is the fox. Was I supposed to have figured that out earlier?

Alter Ego? But if he's been telling the doctors in Konoha about the "Fox in his head" telling him to do things... seems like they'd know exactly what that meant, and believe him.

Ah, and now we're getting some other new information - the Uchiha managed their coup eh? That's interesting and explains some of the points I brought up earlier, but I feel like it's information that could have been put in a bit earlier.

Nice twist at the end with Gaara being there too.
AnneNevilleReviews chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Review notes

I think this is a beautiful and moving first chapter

(yellow nails cut little half-moons) - a beautiful detail that really gets me into the scene.

Overall, you have a strong, action-packed opening. I wish, in fact, that I managed to get into the action of the moment right at the start rather than diving right into my characters' heads. As you've written the market scene and the segue to the prison, you've immediately oriented me to a world/fandom I don't know at all.

The only negative thing here is I didn't understand the transition for a while-where had he gone? An apartment? Orphanage? Perhaps this was done on purpose, or because everyone in the fandom would know, but it left me-a newbie-confused.

(He'll come back for me. He always does, and then I won't feel so cold.) A lovely line-just the sort of thing one *would* think. It makes me curious about who "he" is.

From there, the story continues well, but the following line doesn't scan very well, imho:
("They're murderers, thieves, or too slow for society.") It sounds like something is missing here: perhaps a connecting word?

The use of "him" to describe the Cyborg soldier right after mentioning "Yuu" makes the referent confusing. I knew what you meant, but only after a moment of thought.

(Time here as weakened me.) You're missing an "h."

I think this is a beautiful and moving new chapter, and although I don't know your fandom at all, it makes me interested in reading on. Well done!
thequietmoments chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Oh hot damn! I'm excited. I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE Born This Way, and while scifi is usually not my tastes, I thought I'd try this out. And fuck, I have the feeling this is going to be just as wonderful. Looking forward to the next update. :D
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I have to admit, it's been such a long time since I've actually read anything for the Naruto fandom and even longer since I've read an AU. I forgot how many talented authors there are in this fandom. I really like the universe you have going on here. I'm really into the whole cyberpunk thing, so I'm really glad you decided to apply it to the Naruto-verse. I also liked the amount of detail you put into the history of the war, and how, this time, the Uchiha were successful with their coup. I would like to see a little bit more of the history behind the cyborgs and this universe's version of the Uchiha clan - I think there'd be some pretty interesting things regarding them.

I'm not sure if I entirely like that Naruto and Gaara burst out of the asylum in the first chapter like that - it kind of feels a bit like you were setting up that plot-point only to abandon it, but it will also be interesting to see what's going out outside with the rest of the world. I'm really excited to see more of the universe that you've created, and to read more about Fox. I'm assuming he's the character your OC warning applies to, but he could easily just be the kyuubi in a human form. That's what it seems you're going for, anyways - in this universe, instead of being the kyuubi's vessel, he and Naruto are brothers. (Or is the OC warning for a character we haven't seen yet?)

Your writing is amazing. It's clear, vividly detailed, flows smoothly, and your descriptive style just catches you and drags you in. The first person point of view is not only done well, but it really works with this piece. I honestly don't think it would work nearly as well had you chosen to write it in third person. All in all, it's a really great piece. This first chapter is really great at establishing the setting, without reveal too much, and just drags you right. Really amazing job. I look forward to reading more.
ZombifiedWulf chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Okay, it's only chapter two, but I'm madly in love with this story. It's got a very interesting tone to it. Dark, but funny in a, erm, dark way. Naruto doesn't seem to be his usual super duper cheerful self, but I suppose Fox makes up for that, eh? XD Besides, I like stories where Naruto's a little bit different from his "canon" self. AND, it is totally realistic that Naruto wouldn't be his "canon" self because of the whole Institute thing, so, yeah, it's not a big deal lol.

WHY do you leave us with cliffhangers? D: -Flails around- I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH SASUKE AND NARUTO! I want to know if Naruto becomes raging and aggressive, or if he shies away and is more fearful. Both would make a lot of sense. If I know Naruto, though, (and I believe I do - I'm not a self-proclaimed Narutard for nothing XD) he's totally going to rage.

GO NARUTO! KICK THAT UCHIHA'S ASS!
Itachi's Insanity chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This sounds like it will be pretty damn good story.

Cyborgs, now that is something I haven't read about. Really like the whole feel to this story. Feels dark, the sci-fi to this sounds pretty awesome. I love when authors incorporate things from Naruto and make them fit into these AU stories.

Fox? I don't know whether to believe if he is real or not...I don't like jumping to conclusions or anything like that, so I remain skeptical when it comes to stories like these. Hmmm...it sounds like those psychological type of stories, but with action and Naruto drama. D

I can't wait to see more of this story. :3
OreoCookieWave chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This was SO confusing at first when I wasn't expecting to have to use my brain, but now I get everything but one part. At the end are the people with the animal masks (who I suspect to be the ANBU) really there or was that a dream or hallucination. I'm guessing they're real, but I had my brain question me so I had to ask. Also, I love this story!

Suki-chan