Reviews for In the Arms of Our Mothers
cherrybubble chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I love the first two moments, or memories, but the one with Nasuada's mom is sad. I love your writing, though!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
that was sad and happy.
Selah Ex Animo chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Ha ha, I cannot begin to express how delighted I was to see that this was up.

And it is gorgeous. The symmetry of Selena and Nadara's situations was heartrending, the way they are both caught between the demands of motherhood and the necessity of personal independence. And I like how the first and second lines equally apply to both of them. It's great to get a glimpse of Nasuada's mother and the situation and choices that separates her from her family. I REALLY appreciate that you don't kill her off, because now she's a woman with choice, with agency - and that makes her decision to remain behind all the more poignantly portrayed.

The MxN, on the other hand, filled me up with giddy, gleeful bubbles of perfect delight. The birth scene is utterly sweet; I was grinning so much that my face began to hurt, x3. I like how Nasuada's friends and acquaintances are still reluctant to embrace the MxN (xD as if people in Alagaesia would ship), but are slowly coming around.

Thank you so much for this lovely story!
Witchy Pixie chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I love this so bloody much! It's a much more in depth look at the characters than we ever got in the Cycle, and it's very natural. I love Jormundur's relationship with Murtagh. It's adorable how he functions as Nasuada's father figure. And hearing about Nasuada's mother-simply excellent!

Looking forward to more!
Restrained.Freedom chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Absolutely LOVE the profile-pup-pic.
The mother stories fascinate me. I never imagined a mother could let her child go for her own comfort and safety... but then again, that is the thought behind every abortion that happens... so I guess it happens often.
I think that the J├Ârmundur reaction was incredibly 'spot-on' and I give this fic my "thumbs up."