Reviews for The Last Grey Ship
Ratnik Svetlosti chapter 1 . 10/19
I apologise in advance, but I must say right away that I hate when the whole story is in bolded letters (or italic or underlined)
a part from that it is a very good story.
Koji.ghafoor chapter 4 . 9/18
***** Best LOTR fanfiction I have come across
Freddie23 chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
Really loved this story. So well written.
Freddie 23
The King in White chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
All of my feels ;-;
Rachelle Lo chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
Hurt and healing for the heart. Thank you, thank you!
Moonmixer chapter 4 . 8/4/2010
This story blew me away. I knew I had to read it through to the end by the time I finished its first paragraph.

Your prose is wonderful. I can find no glaring fault with it. The story is beautiful too.

I did hope that Arwen said goodbye to her children and friends before she departed. It wasn't mentioned so I assumed she did.

Good luck in all other attempts.
StarLight9 chapter 3 . 8/2/2010
I am now sure that I will be able to express in words what I feel right now, after reading this piece, but I will do my best. I found out about the existence of fanfiction nearly four years ago, and since then I have been looking for The Story, a story which described Legolas’s and Gimli’s final parting with Aragorn, his death, and then perhaps the last journey that they take together. I read many, many stories dealing with this or a similar plot. Many of them were very good, and many of them made me cry, but none of them was It. I kept looking through newer and older stories, tried numerous search terms at the site’s search engine, until I believed that I had read all that was out there and was any good. Until I had despaired, and had started to believe that It had not been written yet; that It did not exist. But I was wrong. I am very pleased to say that this story was IT, and even though I found it somewhat by accident, I cannot describe to your how much I enjoyed it, and I am sure that I will keep reading and rereading it.

You are a brilliant author, and your style is very original and captivating. The friendship between the Three Hunters that you described moved me deep inside. There is nothing sadder than Arwen’s claim that the Elfstone belongs to a world that had passed, and Legolas’s realization that Gimli and he are the only ones left of those dark, but glorious days; days, that might have been filled with despair, but still they were days, that they managed to find hope. Hope in companionship, in loyalty, in love, in fellowship. It is incredible to think through how much those friends had been together, how many trial they had faced, and all that is now gone. The world is changed, and to most people they are now being out of legends.

This story moved me so much and I can promise you that it will stay with me for long years to come. There is only one thing that I can say to you – THANK YOU.

RenewedBlade chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
This is indeed a wonderfully written story, and these characters and friendships that we all hold dear in our hearts are only made more beautiful by your eloquent words. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Whilom chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. I've read it through once, but it was just as poignant to me the second time as it was the first. You have Legolas and Gimli's relationship down to a T. Their banter and jibes, complete and total trust, everything is there. I love your descriptions, particularly the words you use. Everything flows well. Your alliterations are great, as is the contrast between Legolas and Gimli's appearance. Great work. :)

Mirwalker chapter 4 . 4/13/2008
What a simple beauty; so well-woven. Thank you for sharing; and let those characters chat more while you're driving!
Mystokal chapter 4 . 1/16/2008
Your story is a work of art and a pleasure to read. Thank you for providing me with a source of beauty in words.
FebruarySong chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
ErinRua, this is beautiful. I first read this years ago on tolkienonline, and I just found it again here. Excellent job.
elianthos chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Beautiful. Evocative. Perfect. Along with 'Aglarond' this tale of yours is not only one of the better pieces of fanfiction I ever read, but one of the better pieces of literature as well.
Levade chapter 3 . 2/3/2006
Oh my. This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Alasse chapter 4 . 5/5/2005
a beautifully written piece about the friendship of legolas and gimli. you used tolkien's language beautifully.