Reviews for The Scrapbook
therainydaykids chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
That twist at the ending was great. Well actually, the whole thing was great, but it's always nice to be specific. I lovedloved the crack pairings - both of them were written well and very, very believable. But the thing that I liked the most was the smooth way you transitioned between perspectives, it was very different, quite simple as well but extremely effective.
No matter how late it is, I know your SS will love this amazing bundle of christmas joy!
Iridescent Swan chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Wowowow Butterfly! That was beautiful! I love your style of writing and the non-canon couples you thought of! The metaphors and other figures of speech you used were really good, and it definitely brought color to the story.

Darn, update soon okay? The ending is really intriguing -)

Lorelei547 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Eeep, I was so happy to see this in my inbox today! Don't bother worrying at all about it being late. (Seriously I'm in no position to judge as I'm yet to post my gift as well.)

I was so happy to see the Lil' Chicken family in the spot light. They always creep into my stories (even when they're not supposed to) and you could say they hold a special place in my heart. They were a wonderful choice and even better was your coupling of Elli and Rick!

Recently (in a story I'm yet to post) I've actually been exploring these two as a possible couple. I've never seen a story pair them together before so I actually had to stop reading this and review my wishlist when you mentioned Lillia as Elli's mother-in-law. I could've sworn I hadn't asked for it specifically, but it's such an unusual pairing (and so close to what I've been working on) that I thought there was no way you could've gotten to it without my asking. I even checked the temp for my future story on my profile thinking somehow, something must have given it away. But nope, nada! xD Just a wonderful, wonderful surprise!

Back to this specifically, well, you know I'm a sucker for Gray and Popuri! You're coupling of them is very cute and I love the idea of Popuri being able to seeing Gray head to work from her window. Even better was Gray's complete lack of tack when dealing with an emotional Popuri. That was very in character.

Often I see Elli characterized as the one falling all over Trent not vis versa. I thought that added layer of unrequited love was a nice touch, especially in the work place. I don't imagine that be an easy thing, -having to work so close together that is- when feeling are so clearly on the table. I wonder if Ellen's death affected the possibility of love between them (Elli and Trent) at all.

All the coupling aside though I am most curious to what Lillia has to say over this scrapbook! Why is she hiding it? A forbidden affair? Oh yes I'm very curious as to what this next chapter will reveal!