Reviews for Little Pieces of The Magnificent Puzzle of Fate
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Wow, Cam. This is pretty impressive. Maybe you should try your hand at shorter pieces more often! This really packs a punch!

"You again." I like this way of starting us out. You're able to grab the reader's attention right from the get go, and it's just forceful enough to make us take notice. Awesome!

"It's a funny, complicated little Rube Goldberg machine, it is, that seems" This might just be my fandom blindness, but I was a little confused why you put another "it is" in the middle of the sentence after using "it's" at the beginning. It seemed a little repetitive, but it might just be the character's voice.

"You in the mystery I've left you in" Again, I was a bit confused by the wording. I'd choose either one "in" or the other.

"I can't read the star map. I don't have that sort of talent." I love the feeling of annoyance that we get out of this, as though the narrator feels as though he can't be expected to be able to do such a thing.

"It's nice to meet you." An excellent way of rounding us off!

Like I said, you might want to consider trying your hand at more of these little shorts. I like the way that this feels, and I think it's definitely a very nice piece!

Cheers!
SparkDreams chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Do you ever cease to amaze me? I think not. It makes me so happy to see that you are still going strong, whenever I come back I can always count on you to have something new and beautiful for the rest of us to enjoy :)
Edhla chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Disclaimer: I'm an ignoramus who is unfamiliar with the source material :)

That said, this is a fantastic pice of writing in its own right. You have a great sense of rhythm and structure ("I suppose... I see.. I can't... I can't...")

The repeated motif of the paper airplane is fantastic, particularly "I just fall and see if I can fly." That this is the catalyst for "I meet your eyes" is a wonderful piece of storytelling, and that last line is fantastic, and a very strong, appropriate place to end.

I'm honestly sorry, for your sake and my own, that I don't have any canonical remarks to make on this one! But do know that I thoroughly enjoyed it :D
Dominus Tenebrosus chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Rollin' Commentary:

At your A/N: Hmm... I can't say as I'm familiar with Paperman... Hm. And I'll try and guess the pairing; I'll state how confident I am that I'm right in the review, and send you the guessed pairing in a PM, if that's alright with you. Avoids potential spoilers, that way. :D

"You again." -Heh. Interesting way to start a story, that.

"It's a funny, complicated" -Heh. I can already tell I have no chance of guessing pairings correctly already. Hm. Though, some of the language hints, maybe, at one... Hm. Either way. Fate. Hm. As an aside, might be bolder to defy it, I'd think. Depends on context of course... I'm probably reading the wrong way into that, though. XD

"but never fully real." -Uhm... Hm. Okay, this makes me think a different pairing, maybe. But... Yeah. XD Hm. Hints at either a dangerous profession (likely in this universe) or just complete unlikelihood of meetings between them in general... Either way, 'star crossed' comes to mind.

"standing on a catapult." -Out of context quotes, go go go! Anyway... Hm. The great 'make or break'. I wonder what the exact situation is; is that place a metaphor, or is it real? It could be either, I think.

"to do that yet." -Hmm. A different sort of uncertainty than what has come before, but uncertainty nonetheless. That's how I read that at this point, leastways.

"I don't want you" -And that I read as perhaps the single note of certainty in this. Hmm. Big clues there though, at least to those familiar with the fandom. XD

"lead me somewhere else." -Heh. Not metaphorical, then. Hm. Moment of truth, it seems. What does our hero do, I wonder?

"that sort of talent." -Hmm... Doesn't sound good, that.

"So, like a paper" -But, on the other hand...

"For the first time," -Yay! Maybe. Heh. Depends on the response though, doesn't it?

"shine just a bit." -Promising! Also, more clues!

"me, at the stars." -D'aww, sorta. :P

"It's nice to" -Heh. At long last, eh?

General Thoughts:

So I said I was gonna try to take a guess here, but honestly... I got nothin'. Well. That's not 100% right, but I am pretty well positive I'm completely wrong. Eh.

Either way, hmm... The more I think about this, particularly those last few lines, this thing comes off more and more like... Well... Stalkerish, if I may. I mean... Yeah. But only to a degree, I s'pose. Either way.

Good stuff. :)
Verran chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Now you got me going with this. It took me some time trying to figure out who was narrating, and when I checked by looking at pics of all the SSBB characters, I was TOTALLY wrong!

But I'm not going to give the spoiler away here. Suffice to say it worked with the characters I had in mind, and worked on a completely different level with the characters you had in mind.

What threw me was the line 'I can't play the hero'... because I've always considered this character to be okay about being a hero. After reading it again I could see how cleverly the paper aeroplane metaphors worked, the use of the line 'You're a world away' - how true - and the idea of the tension of the wire and the catapult - it could all be so wonderful but one wrong move and it's all gone - was well done.

I wasn't quite sold on the idea of the train, a big, heavy vehicle, especially as the theme of this piece seems to revolve around flight, tension and fragility, symbolised by the paper aeroplanes and being covered by notes. But I understood the idea it conveyed that not much time was left, and perhaps you used the contrast because it's taking one of them away from the other on a more permanent basis.

Possibly a word is missing in this sentence - "It's parked outside here, waiting one of us."

Overall this piece really did feel like a puzzle, it made me think and consider things from different angles - and if that was your aim, you got it right!

Thanks for the read.
kyouko chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Fantastic. Really: I don't know what to say.

I loved it. The descriptions and all the narrator's inner turmoil (I'm assuming it's Link, but then again, I assume everyone is Link) is just so perfect.

I particularly like this line:
"I can't play the hero. I can't play the passionate romantic. I can't sweep you off your feet. I am nothing more than an imperfect stranger. I don't know if I even want to do that yet."

I really did love it: can't stress that enough, ahmgee, it's so..how do I say this? xD? Perfect?

Yes. That'll do nicely.

Again, loved it. It was written amazingly: all the comparisons to paper planes and stuff, it was just...wow.

And then the last line:
"It's nice to meet you."

I don't know why - but ;_;?

Instant favorite.

Keep being awesome!
Alteri chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Perfection. I was actually listening Paperman (the song in the short film) when I read it, and it really fits the mood. This was simply beautiful, and although the characters may seem like strangers to us (though, when it comes to flying, the only character that comes to mind is Pit) we got a glimpse into the eyes of people who may never meet each other again.

If this was a different idea, a different author, this story would be depressing. However, MoD, your story, your drabble, it has a light-hearted aspect to it. A warm touch. It leaves you with a sense of hope. Ace is truly blessed to have such a beautiful story written for him or her.

On this note, I applaud you, MoD. This was an incredible one-shot, one I could read for years and never grow tired of. You truly have a gift, my friend. My hat goes off to you, and to our lovely strangers.

Signing off,
Rain
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This is so short! I'm not used to this! I loved your descriptions of the paper airplanes. I loved how it was speckled throughout the story. That's a clever idea. I love it. I don't know where you get your inspiration, but it's absolutely fantastic. I love every part of it. I love the ending line with "When I fly, I won't be looking down below. I'll be looking above me, at the stars." It's a beautiful and well written line. Great job!
Araceli L chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
As always, where to begin? The writer side of me has nothing to say but praise for this little ditty. Again, as always, fantastic emotions. I think you and I, dearest, have always had a bit of a knack for that;)
Thank you. This is incredible. I can't wait to return to writing, and while you're incredibly encouraging, this is what inspires me to write again. I remember when I wrote with as much emotion as MoD! I don't know where Ace got to, but I found so much of her as you wrote her.
Thank you. That is more of a gift than you can possibly imagine.
And remember, in someway, I'm there with you, up against the wall, on a Wednesday afternoon.:)

You'll always be the Popo to my Nana.
Damn you, ;)
Ace
MetallicaKnight chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This is cute :) I love your style of writing.
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Oh, good gracious, I love your writing so much. Every time you surprise me with your poignancy and humor and your way of putting the most ephemeral things into beautiful words. I am sitting here trying to find adequate words to tell you how much I admire your work and this story, but because I am not you, I can't find them. Another amazing, lovely story (insert about 170 additional adjectives).