Reviews for Radiance
Ryanwe chapter 1 . 9/3
Aww, this is simply wonderful. I love Galadriel and Celeborn, they're a lovely couple. You described wonderfully Celeborn's thoughts about Galadriel, every word is perfect. Thanks for writing!
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Wow. This is beautiful. Really, really beautiful. I love the poetic descriptions here. I would say this is quite a lot more than "slightly" romantic. ;)

I love how Celeborn has to clarify that it's "more than beauty." He doesn't have words (in any language) to describe how wonderful it is. That's lovely.

I really love how you use words here to attempt to describe it, though. :D

I love all the imagery here. I love the bit of pure light falling into the shadows. It's like Galadriel is the flame of a candle, lighting the world.

I love how he acknowledges that all things fade, but even in all the time Galadriel has been in Middle Earth, her radiance hasn't seemed to diminish, at least not in his eyes. The shadows have deepened around her, but it hasn't made her any less beautiful.

It's a beautiful image how Celeborn feels as though he's under deep water, looking up at her, his source of light. And the fact that seeing her face helps him not feel trapped. That's lovely.

"A shining shadow of your face" is a bit of strange wording, but I think it works. At that point, it seems like this is meant to be a bit mysterious, a bit difficult to understand.

A lovely little drabble. Glad I found it. :)
gandalf chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
This is not a review for this fic. Sorry. About that Screwtape Letters crossover. Sauron is a Maia, not a devil.
Amidst Hobbits chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Awww so cute! I love them as a couple. They have a beautiful marriage. :)
LornaWinters chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! But then, I'm a sucker for romantic poems! I like the part about everything fading, but she doesn't fade in his eyes! Pretty!
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
That was gorgeous! I loved the second person here, in addition to the powerful use of Tolkien's terminology with the "adamant star caught between your fingers" and "the long defeat." You paint a wonderful picture as you equate Galadriel (very accurately) with light.

Great work!