Reviews for What I Wanted
vanillaandtoothpaste chapter 3 . 6/27/2013
Sweet story :D youre a really good writer! please do more _ xx
BadeCabbie167 chapter 3 . 6/26/2013
Hahaha Robbie wouldn't survive one DATE with Jade and Beck wouldn't survive one DATE with Cat. That would be a funny fanfiction. Tori&Andre are dating while Robbie and Jade go on a date while Cat and Beck go on a date, then by the end Beck&Jade are together and Cat&Robbie share a moment or two. I'd read that.
DevinneMaddox chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I loved this, this is gold. There really aren't enough people who realize the BS Beck put her through, so I love that you had her go off the way she did, he needed to hear that.

Rest assured, this was nowhere near being bad.

TeamJade
Great!
XLarryXZiamXNiallX1D chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
Love it!:)
Haile chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
I really love this storyline so far! You are a really good writer! Keep updating:) I'll keep reading!
LuvBadeForever chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
Plz, uptade soon. )
Cara chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
this is amazing, i love how strong jade is yet she still has tht sense of vunrability.
the best part has to be how jade just calls him out on all his shit!
curly1221 chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Fluffy and sweet, just how I like it! But the last thing Jade said to Beck is obviously false; they WILL NOT remain "just friends", no sir (or ma'am)! I can't wait to read how things go between them! This is so well-written, great job!
madkin chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
I have a few comments on the story in general. First, in my personal opinion you were relying on bold AND italics too much to make points during the story. It turned out to be more distracting, at least for me. Instead of feeling what Jade was saying I was thinking about how much the word stuck out. I'd think about sticking with just italics and letting the words speak for themselves. Most readers will understand what you're getting at with subtle cues and hints.

Next thing is you do a lot of telling, which is fine, but you might want to consider adding some more showing. Meaning sentences like "She opened her mouth a few times, but only air came out" rather than "...it was obvious that she was holding herself back from inundating him with questions." Same or similar meaning, but gives the reader something to picture the character physically doing and allows the reader to draw the conclusion themselves.

Also I just wanted to point out that while Beck is certainly not the best boyfriend in the world as people like to perceive him, Jade is definitely not someone that's doing/saying all the right things either. I think that the show portrays Jade too negatively and Beck too positively, so in stories us fans like to root for Jade because we feel bad or some stories go the other way and Beck is perfect and Jade is extraordinarily rude and mean, but I think making them both selfish and mean and thoughtless sometimes and loving and thoughtful and humble other times evens them out and makes them human.

One last thing (sorry, you probably hate me) is that you have Jade blame all their problems on Beck's kiss with Tori in the pilot, but you have to remember that Beck and Jade dated for two years before she ever got there and I, personally, find it hard to believe that they didn't have problems with jealousy and thoughtless behavior before Tori. It's definitely possible that Tori being a main part of their group of friends caused stress on the relationship because of the kiss and Jade not liking her personality, but I don't think it caused all their problems. Some of them? Probably. But not all of them.

Anyway I hope you don't hate me for my super long review with all my nit-picking comments. I hope you don't take offense either because I am not trying to be mean or harsh or put down your story at all. I like your idea and I think that you could take this in a lot of interesting directions. I especially like Jade's decision to tell Beck "We stay friends and we hang out and goof off." I am certainly not perfect with any of the things I commented on, believe me. I just thought I saw some things and I'd share.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
That Was really Good
PearlSnorlax chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Love it!
Trance Starr chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
Thank goodness for this story. I feel like Beck has done a ridiculous amount of really painful and humiliating things to Jade since Tori got there (I can't even think about the kiss in the pilot without physically feeling how painful that would be) and I'm glad you're not going to let him off the hook just yet! Keep writing please : )