Reviews for A Crime Fitting the Punishment or Dumbledore's Monster
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 4/21
Dark, but awesome! :)
sodrel chapter 1 . 4/19
How this story doesn't have more acclaim and reviews I cannot understand. I was captivated from beginning to end. Well done.
MajorChaos13 chapter 1 . 4/18
DAAAAAMN! that was deep. loved the story though.
Oh...till after could have been nice... Even though it is sad fic it was very interesting...
rswknight chapter 1 . 3/24
Love this story, excellent use of the metaphor. Really well done
jukehero461 chapter 1 . 3/3
Haunting and amazing. I am deeply moved.
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 1/15
so... it's a horror story... but with a bit of hope. That's my notion, after reading this.
Bondubras of Devoncroix chapter 1 . 12/20/2016
I love all the references.
Serenity/Firefly, Princess Bride, Indiana Jones...
The only ones I didn't get were the one about madness being acuteness of the senses and the one about truth being terrible and beautiful.

Love the story.

-Maelstrom
InquisitorCOC chapter 1 . 12/8/2016
Pureblood bigots hanging on to power after Voldemort's fall was definitely a possibility. But I doubt Harry and Hermione would have waited years in dealing with them.

For those who enjoy Harry's vindictive streak and also want to see him taking actions earlier, check out 'The Sum of Their Parts' by holdbybeer. That Harry had it enough just three months after the Battle, and it's one of the extremely rare fic in which the canon Trio went dark for a good cause. The writing is superb, and the author called out on Dumbledore's and McGonagall's BS.
rigger42 chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
That was rather terrible, but appropriate. I can see why some think its positive, though I think "happy" is a stretch. Its pleasant to think of things being stopped, with the benefit of hindsight, though most fics use the method of nudging events, not burning everything to ground and salting the ashes. ;)
Fairywm chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
every time I read this it still gives me chills. I love it. Thanks for feeding my addiction.
misherukuro chapter 1 . 11/26/2016
Fascinating.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
The official ending of Harry Potter is crap!
The epilogue stinks. Ron and Hermione are not good for each other!
With Malfoy getting off again there will be no real change.
The cycle of dark lords will continue.

Jo Rowling needs to be the entertainment at one of Voldemort's parties!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 1 . 11/16/2016
Awesome!
THANK YOU for pointing out (and avenging!) ANOTHER of my bigger reasons for despising JKR's crap! Yep, I'm a hater and proud of it! Of course I'm also a lover...of HP FAN FICTION! Not all of it; probably not even half, but a lot of it that's written by intelligent ADULTS who don't think 'logic' is just a 'Vulcan' invention and that 'critical thinking' is a medical malaprop!
Anyhoo, thank you for a terrifically original premise and a starkly logical, more realistic story. I know that sounds strange: 'Realistic', but people today, don't seem to look at the long term consequences of their actions; at all. I'm a converted believer in the Death Penalty, especially in cases where the perpetrator of the crime; Pedophiles, serial child abusers, child murderers, repeat rapists, serial murderers, hit men, anyone who murders for profit or convenience, and religious zealots who murder, rape, and subjugate their wives, children, followers, etc. in the name of 'god' or 'honor', shows little or no remorse and/or there's even a REMOTE chance that they'll ever offend again. Why 'warehouse' them?! So that, during the next 'apocalypse' (natural disaster, societal upheaval, etc.), all our worst, criminal nightmares are all in one place?! How scary is THAT scenario?
Whoops; I'll step down off that soapbox. Sorry.
Anyway, I'd like to see you expand this story; you know, 'flesh' it out: I found Dumbledork's doubts as to the veracity of 'Harry's' claims, but also the fact that 'He' left 'young Harry' at the Dursleys without rescuing him nor seeking vengeance on his abusers, left the story with a slightly ambiguous ending, unless that was your purpose?
So, thanks for a great read and I may go check out your other stuff. Btw, I checked this out, based on the rec of one of my favorite writers, 'Fairywm', here on ffn.
Take care!