Reviews for Not Again!
bassetfan chapter 15 . 2/7
Enjoyable story, can't wait to read the next one!
chelseagirl47 chapter 15 . 11/29/2017
So this is a story I never knew I needed, but could not get enough of. If that makes sense. What an oeiginal concept, and very well executed! My dad was very briefly aphasic after a stroke, and apparently he got violent in his hospital roomhe is the gentlest man. Luckily he bounced back quickly, but I knew just enough from that to make this feel very real. The math vs. language thing is interesting (I teach writing at a STEM school and it comes up a lot). Looking forward to catching up on the next instalment, when he arrives on my home turf! Pity I need sleep.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 15 . 1/19/2013
Very nice first ASJ fanfic! An interesting premise-what happens when Heyes physically can't talk. I liked the steady way you developed the plot and the characters. I'm curious about the sheriff, though, and wonder if you'll write more about that plot point. Also curious about Kid and Cat! And as a teacher myself: Thanks!
Friscogirl chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
How interesting to have Heyes go to the Big Apple! I never expected this turn of events. What a frightening adventure for him, unable to talk to anyone. What if he gets lost? Or god help him, mugged? I'm delighted you're keeping with the story so diligently. Can't wait to read more.
Cruelest Sea chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
Very well written story! I'm guessing this was inspired by Pete Duel's appearance in Marcus Welby MD? If not, I still imagined that in my mind while reading this. Looking forward to seeing what else you write! (:
Helen West chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
Thanks, all! By the way, RosieAnnie, the sense that God gave geese line is from Garrison Keillor.
Helen
RosieAnnie chapter 15 . 1/5/2013
What a terrific story, Helen! I feel a little sad here, because the partners are separating. It sounds as if they are each finding new lives apart from each other - Kid with Cat, and Heyes in New York, where his "mathematical genius" may find expression and opportunity. My favorite line here might be "You ain't got the sense that God gave geese!" I'm looking forward to seeing how Heyes does in an environment that's completely alien to him.
RosieAnnie chapter 13 . 1/3/2013
You're taking the characters in a direction that I certainly didn't anticipate, and I love it! I thought you'd be wrapping this up pretty quickly, but it looks like there's a lot to go. Thanks for getting these chapters out so quickly! I am really enjoying this story. I'm kind of worried about Kid and Sheriff Wilde, though. It sounds like both Kid and Heyes recognizied him, but from where?
Jessie May Stone chapter 15 . 1/4/2013
Please post the next story soon.
Penski chapter 13 . 1/4/2013
What a wonderful story, Helen! You took one of the things Heyes treasures the most, communication, and took it away from him. Was very interesting to google aphasia - had not heard of it before. Sad that they will have to be separated, but I'm hoping it'll be for a short time. Enjoying this story and very much appreciate how quickly you have been posting chapters.
InsideOutlaw chapter 13 . 1/4/2013
Helen, you are writing this so well. I can feel Heyes's struggles and his irrational shame at his condition. Loved the scene with the crabby miner. Keep 'em coming and thank you!
HannaHeyes chapter 11 . 1/2/2013
This story just keeps getting better and better! And now, Heyes has a good chance of learning to speak again. Keep up the good work :) I'm really enjoying it!
InsideOutlaw chapter 9 . 1/2/2013
I'm enjoying the details of this story so much; such as Heyes's small triumphs as well as his awareness of his limitations. Great last line, too!
RosieAnnie chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
Beautifully written, Helen. Keep the chapters coming!
InsideOutlaw chapter 6 . 1/1/2013
Wow, you are getting this story out in record time! I hardly have time to comment before there's more chapters (not that it's a bad thing):) There is a lot going on here and I wondered where you are headed. The Kid sure has a lot to worry about and now the sheriff suspects something. Heyes is on the mend, though, so hopefully he can be of help. Keep up the good work.