Reviews for Beneath the Mountains Music Woke
MsLyoness chapter 8 . 4/11
I was sort of wavering back and forth whether or not I shipped Thorin/Bilbo, but after reading this fic I can unequivocally say I’ve joined the Baggenshield ranks. Your story is wonderful, from the wordplay to the dialogue to the events. As mean as this sounds, I especially enjoyed seeing Thorin beat himself up for his attraction and actions, just like he really would.

You have serious writing talent, and I sincerely hope you might someday make money off it. Now that I’ve finished reading, I think I’m going to go back and read it again, I liked it so much. And that hardly ever happens, where I read something again right away.
Loreyulia chapter 8 . 3/30
So much sweetness, passion, uncertainty, and love; every emotion was purely palpable. This ending fills me with a bittersweet ache now, because I have read Magnificent Madness...
I love this story, and will cherish and re-read it for years to come I believe.
Thank you very much, for writing this.
Loreyulia chapter 7 . 3/30
Seriously, these two can run circles around each other some times. This chapter is so damn sweet, it gives me cavities I swear to all that is holy. It never ceases to amaze me, how eloquently you spin your words, and how simple it seems to create a world within some thing that already exists.
I truly adore this piece, down to every last punctuation mark.
Loreyulia chapter 6 . 3/30
Ah, the Kiss... so much misunderstanding, on both ends; but definitely an added pinch of drama that makes this story so good. I like how you elude to Thorin's eventual Gold sickness in this, how treasure cannot be betrayed or can betray you, unlike treasures of the heart; that line, uh gives me chills!
Oh, and you wrote both Tauriel and Thranduil perfectly, I enjoyed your portrayal of them.
Loreyulia chapter 5 . 3/29
"The wound swelled and Thorin's head reeled and everything else stripped away, his whole mind narrowing down to the tiny speck of warm light that was nothing but Bilbo, the way he smelled and the way he laughed and the way he scoffed and the way he was. Thorin saw the days that were and the days that could never be, not anymore. He thought of Bilbo tucked into a chair at Bag End and Bilbo's rotting body in the woods and Bilbo spread naked across soft sheets, bashful and eager and draped in jewels. He fell into worlds where they loved and lost, worlds where they simply loved, worlds where they never loved at all. He saw Bilbo gutted and bleeding, saw him wandering terrified and alone in the forest as the others died behind him." This section is literally my very favorite part of this story, because you captured hope and loss so equally and so perfectly. Honestly I have to say this chapter, and the next are also among my favorite parts in Mountains. :3
Loreyulia chapter 4 . 3/29
The fight scene between Bilbo and Kili was very interesting to read; especially since you wrote it in a way, that became very easy to visualize. Thorin inwardly being equal parts protective, and proud of Bilbo is always adorable to read, and you capture that dynamic perfectly.
I also find that I like the added jealousy of Bofur's, and Bilbo's close relationship (if I didn't know any better, I'd be like Thorin and questioning just how close they are). You write each of the characters so wonderfully, I find this story to be one of the few things that keeps me wholly fixated through out each and every chapter.
Oh, and you gave me chills with the description of Mirkwood.
Loreyulia chapter 3 . 3/29
I admit, I was just a tiny bit disappointed when Bilbo wouldn't get undressed to bathe in the hotspring, because that would have been cute to see; him all flustered and self concious in such a naked state. :)
Bilbo being told to learn Khuzdul was surprisingly one of my favorite parts of this chapter, it shows just how much Thorin wants him to be apart of his life after the quest is all said and done. This story has been my very favorite BagginShield fic so far, I just can't get enough of it!
Loreyulia chapter 2 . 3/29
I very much enjoyed the scene with Thorin teaching Bilbo how to wield Sting. I don't know if it was intentional, but it was wonderfully suggestive *wink wink*
I love how you have captured Bilbo's awkward, sort of frantic personality; and Thorin is absolutely perfect in his brooding and stoic ways. I also really loved the line where Thorin says, "I don't pout..." I was like, yes you do Thorin, yes you do.
And having him confess his feelings for Bilbo to Balin and Dwalin was a very wise and natural choice.
Over all, great chapter!
I would say I look forward to reading more to find out what happens, but I've already read all of this story and am now re-reading it and reviewing for all the chapters I missed out on reviewing because I was so caught up in the story I kind of forgot... any ways, I adore this story and definitely hope you continue writing for this fandom.
Loreyulia chapter 1 . 3/19
I want this to be the new, re-written edition of The Hobbit because so far this is absolute perfection- and I only finished chapter 1! You are an incredibly talented writer, and I look forward to reading the rest of this tale.
Liz chapter 8 . 3/18
I absolutely love your writing. I thought this fic was amazing, and I love the way you write the characters. You make them so believable. I also like the way you've blended the movieverse with the bookverse. One of my favorite fics that I've read.
That whole ear scene.

Oh my god.
ThatOneGingerKid chapter 2 . 2/27
The whole "He wanted Bilbo..." paragraph was extremely well-written and I need to compliment you on it! :/)
an angel's whisper chapter 8 . 2/25
It's the first time I read a bilbo/thorin fic and I must say I like it ! Thank you for letting discover it with your wonderful fic :-)
Yana5 chapter 8 . 2/24
oh no thorin is getting ring madness
Green Eyes chapter 8 . 2/23
Woh ! This end ! Thanks for the story it was wonderfully well written ;)
See you later I hope ;)