Reviews for Only You Remain
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
There are no words...that was so perfect...and so desperately sad.
EllieMillerBroadchurch chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
aawww.
Thogje chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This is stunning!
Nenski chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Beautifully written angst! I loved the comparison between giving birth at home (for Sybil) and in the hospital (for Mary). Brilliant juxtaposition! Hope to read more fan fic from you!
Lemon chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
too short.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Omg. Please continue this.
asleepymonster chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
First off I'm horrible with reviews and unfortunately for you I'm not limited to 140 characters.

I think this is the most accurate reaction to Matthew's death that I've read. I can totally see Mary in denial and slowly coming to accept what has happened. How her life has changed forever.

Glad you touched on that silly teacup incident during s2 I was surprised Mary was blissfully unaware of Matthew's death and I'm glad that you addressed it in this fic.

My heart actually breaks for their son.

"Matthew would be a character, a hero, a myth," that line OMG.

THAT line kills me b/c he will never really know his father. I often wonder if Mary will talk about Matthew to him or if she'll let every one else tell those stories. Then we have poor Mary wondering what his last thoughts were. UGH

"A year ago, she would have given anything to have a baby, to ensure the estate's future. She had been selfish, she realized, to ask for so much without being expected to pay in return." I HATE YOU OMG WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THIS?! THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR THIS PARAGRAPH. IT'S GUT WRENCHING AND YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY. This is so obnoxiously in character it hurts.

"Her one wish, the only thing she'd ever truly needed, was to be his Mary always. But if he were gone, she would never be his again."

I think JF really drilled this in that Mary would not be the same with out Matthew by her side. It makes me sad that we barely scratched the surface of 'nice' Mary. At the same time it was nice to see that she only shared this with Matthew. That those scenes were sickeningly sweet because it was theirs and theirs alone.

The last lines were perfect. I don't think young Mary expected to truly have it all. It was always her goal to be 'someone' or be part of something bigger. Then she found the love she never really knew she wanted. She had it all within her grasp and now she has to mourn for her lover and the future they wished to share.

I hoped this made sense, I refuse to reread it now that i've calmed my tits.