Reviews for Winter of our Discontent
fobhew22 chapter 13 . 2/7/2013
Well, an excellent story throughout I have to say. You were able to tie together all the plots and sub-plots well and I'd say John probably got what he deserves. Well done to you!
Dreamer Boy chapter 8 . 2/6/2013
Whoa! Elizabeth is quite the villain here! A really drama queen! Actually makes me feel sorry for Mike, which I never thought would be possible.

And now I'm left wondering what sort of disaster is to erupt with the points being set to the wrong line...
Dreamer Boy chapter 7 . 2/6/2013
Like your other characters, The Electric Lady does not disappoint. She certainly is very interesting, especially with her mixed emotions in the chapter.

I'm also still eager to learn where Thomas is getting all this anger towards Percy from. Dunno what's going through his mind - but for now, I'm completely on Percy's side. Good to see him protesting against the accusations of him being stupid. :P
Dreamer Boy chapter 6 . 2/6/2013
Enjoyed the friendly moments between Edward and Gordon (makes a change from seeing the latter tease the former. :P ), and how Gordon reacted to just being called old was very deep! So excellent work there.
Dreamer Boy chapter 5 . 2/6/2013
Well, I'm certainly shocked. I wasn't expecting Thomas to just outright be harsh to Percy out of nowhere. Wondering where this will lead to.

Enjoyed the continuing bickering between Elizabeth and Mike.
Jalyn chapter 12 . 2/5/2013
Nice job. At least Thomas and Percy are best friends again :D. How about for the ending were the engines wake up at Christmas and have a Chirstmas party? I'll apperaite it if you do it.
Leviticus Wilkes chapter 10 . 2/2/2013
Good job.

It's so rare that a story tries to address the fact the the trains are getting up the in years in a level headed manner. Oh, how I lament that Thomas couldn't have tried this.
fobhew22 chapter 10 . 1/28/2013
(whistles in admiration) very impressive. its interesting to see it from everyone's POV too. look forward to hearing the aftermath
fobhew22 chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
Ooo, the suspense!
A good read so far, and rather approriate given the horrible weather Britain's currently putting up with. Look forward to future chapters.
Dreamer Boy chapter 4 . 1/7/2013
Marco has proven to be an interesting character too. Very well thought out with his insulting and snobbish personality, looking down on steam engines.

Don't worry about the personalities. Gordon is right to be worried about his age and having his duties being taken over by the diesels. And it's only natural Edward should feel grumpy from having to put up with freezing weather and rude engines. At least he didn't just flat out insult any cranes for no reason.

And I loved Gordon's thought here: I bet these modern engines can sense each other! They might as well be able to fly… XD

Keep up the great work Ethan! :)
Dreamer Boy chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
Whoa! Quite an outburst Henry had there! Not that I blame him though, because indeed, Thomas' accidents have always been far stupider! So good on Henry!

Liked all the references to the belief of the Kipper being cursed. Makes me wonder if it's going to lead Henry into yet another accident.
Dreamer Boy chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
Adrianna certainly has my interest right away! Looking forward to seeing what sort of role she's going to play in the future of your series.

Loved the bickering between Mike and Elizabeth too. Like Duck, I'm left wondering which of them is gonna triumph over the other. XD
Guess who chapter 2 . 1/2/2013
Adrianna a bit pushy if you know what I mean :P
Dreamer Boy chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Got me in suspense already Ethan. A very unique way of starting the story by focusing on a shutter, and I'm very anxious to know what impact his actions are going to have on the engines.

Looking forward to reading more. :)