Reviews for 影 Kage
Update please
Akf chapter 11 . 7/14
Poke with stick
Supersilver46 chapter 2 . 5/13
I've read this twice now, and it never gets old I'm going to read this for a third time, that's how good your story is please update when you get the chance.
Supersilver46 chapter 11 . 5/12
I'm loving this series, I've read this twice now keep up the good work
erica.phoenix16 chapter 2 . 5/3
Please update I'm in suspense
shiro chapter 11 . 4/11
Please update this story
josebasedano chapter 10 . 3/31
This is the part that went missing last time:

Yuas song. The only thing that is need is, first use this Alternative Jackie to make Jade cross the Despair Event Horizon and then make her accept her inner darkness. Why? Because thats sane. Anger, hate, despair and desire are a part of the human nature as are friendship, pace, love or optimism! This is backuped by your own words, in which the Queen refers to herself as HER darkness. No THE darkness, or some darkness, no. Hers, not anyone else’s.

And… I think that this is all. I have wanted to say all of this for a very long time. Why? Well, I am a Spanish guy, who likes these types of stories. And you are handling the aspects of two very good shows (that are of my favorites from I was a kid) so well, that it pained my seeing how you have not updated since more than a year. I mean, look at what have you and your story make me write! Theres so much potential in this one, that my last lines are to ask a favor. A FAVOR, not an order.
Please, continue this story. This story is one of the reasons behind how I have learned English! Is so greatly written and the characters and so deep and, and funny, and sad, and awesome to read. Please, dont abandon it. Please, continue. I know that you are a free willed person and that if you have write blocking, or you have lost interest, I am no one to tell you to keep writing. I am just encouraging you.
Thanks again for the awesome story. I hope that you have a good day/night.

PD: OH, hey! My name appears there now! It did not make that last time! It is funny!
josebasedano chapter 11 . 3/31
This is the part that get lost in the other posting:

Thanks again for the awesome story. I hope that you have a good day/night.

PD: Hey! Now my name appears there! It did not that before! It is funny!
anonimous chapter 11 . 3/31
Well, hello there. This is going to be long. I have been reading (and continuously re-reading) this story a lot of times, since I found it almost a year ago. And I have various things to say:

First one, this is a very, very, very incredibly well done plot for a story. You have took the greatest aspects of the second season of WITCH (like Nerissa, The KoV, the maturation of the Guardians), my favorite version of the WITCH-verse; and, throwing Jade and the Shadowkhan Queen in it (along with a Dark Messiah prophecy that make them connected to this universe and various of its most important characters; like Yua and The Oracle), you darkened and improved that seasons flaws (such as the rebels and the guards happily working together in canon; or Elyon being "living la vida loca", or the Guardians and Kandrakar being a Flawless Heavenly Force, or something), which it was not very realistic, almost bordering in stupid), and created a Alternative Universe that functions in its own, almost like it is a spin-off series created by G. Weisman himself.

The second point about this story is the characters. Everyone that should be in character IS in character. Nerissa is her canon magnificent bitch power-hungry self, but even from the start (when her heart skips a beat when HER SON gets mentioned) you can see that that devastated and guilty real side of her is there, born when he killed her companion, friend (and possibly first romantical lover) Cassidy. The Guardians and Kandrakar are still their good-natured yet flawled versions from canon. Himerish is still the "Big Good" of this universe, with the added trauma of thinking that he could have done more for Nerissa when she became addicted to the heart. Yan Lin is even a better Obi Wan than in canon, and the girls are very well in character; with Will and Taranee being the thinkers of the group, Cornealia being a jerk with a heart of gold, Irma the Deadpan Snaker and Hay Lin the "I love everything, everyone is awesome"-girl. And I really, really like how you are handling their encounters with Jade, and how the words of the little interdimensional girl make them doubt the fact that "WE ARE GOOD thus, EVERYTHING ELSE IS EVIL" that I DO NOT LIKE from the source material, even from my beloved Weisman season.
And speaking of characters, and characterization; you have made the other characters more "real" than their canon and plane counterparts. Caleb is now bordering in White and Moral insanity, almost looking like Cedric in the eyes of Frost and Raythor. Why? Because he is afraid. Every rebel (aside from Drake, Tynar and Julian) is afraid that what they have constructed thought their rebellion could be destroyed. So, out of fear, (of the guards, of Nerissa, or of Jade) they are slowly becoming what they have destroyed (and Tynar is seeing it, little by little). This is realism in a story. This is how you create conflict. Caleb is a f*ckin teenager forced to fight a magical tyrant and his humanoid abomination army, for the love of the gods! It is normal for him to be afraid, to be an asshole, to be stupidly blind and become the same monster than he has hated for so long! He has to have like a, I do not know, a bazillion traumas! And he has not discover that he is the child of a David Xanatos level chess-master evil sorceress! Produced by RAPE! Oh, and good point referencing that mother and son are no so different having them sare the expression "blast" when something does not go acording to their plans. And then, we have Kur. The Knight of Cerebus for excellence in this story. He is ruthless, racist, now with the rebellion in power POWERFULL, and a complete sadist. He is here to make the point that, well, there is no evil and good sides in a war! There are better or worse sides, but is imposible for a party that takes part in a war not to have morally ambiguous o morally depraved person in it! That is how a war is, and I thank you for expresing that using this despicable and hypocrite bastard!
Elyon, Miranda, Raythor, and surprisingly Tracker, deserve their own paragraph. Elyon sufers (in your own words) from PTSD. And again... THIS FEELS REAL! She was just a normal teenager who become a Queen and a Physical Godess practically in one year! Is plausible that the betrayal from HER BROTHER and the ONLY FRIEND that she had on Meridian have left scars on her mind and emotions. Ading this to the fact that she DOES NOT KNOW how to be a Queen (I still do not know why her adoptive parents did not tell her the truth or trained her), a real one, she can only be a puppet; being it in Nerissas scheme or in Kurs genocidal plans. AND IT FEELS REAL! It feels plausible, and adds a deep characterization to Elyon, who did not ended very well in that deparment in canon. Miranda, in the other hand, is a little spider-girl masked as a psychopath, in love with a real psycophathic snake-man who doubles (or triplicates, if what you have said about shapeshipters is taken aback) her age. And WHY you ask? Because her parents where burned alive by the racist bastard descrived above. That has left Miranda with the idea that the only one in the whole universe that can be trusted by her is herself. Or Cedric. But he has beautiful hair and a awesome transformation secuence and dragonlike snake-form, so the pedophilia pass. Why does she hate Elyon and served Phobos? "Because she is EVIIIIIIL!" said canon. "No" say you "She hates Elyon because, in her eyes, Elyon abandoned her homeworld. Because the Light of Meridian did not make a move for saving her parents for a REBEL CHIEF. Because said Light did not make a move to stop Phobos, thus increasing the hate to the shapeshipters that served the Prince. That is why she is like that. That is why she hates the Naive Queen (I think that I will refer to her like that). Because she thinks that Elyon could have done more. And in some sort of way, is true. Elyon could have done more, but it is not her fault that she did not. She was oblivious to her real heritage and was living a normal life meanwhile Meridian suffered from Phobos tyranny and the Rebels (well intentioned) attacks and battles. If the fault is someone’s fault, is of her adoptive parents! Again, this proves to a really good character development when she interacts with Jade. I am saving our little interdimensional Dark Messiah for the last. Again, great work with the spider-girl and the Naive Queen!
Raythor feels here more honorable than canon. You can feels that deep down, he knows that what the rebels were fighting for is right. That Phobos is not worthy of his efforts. Then why is he serving him? “Because he is STUUUUUPID!” says canon “No” you say “Is because Raythor gave his word to serve him (possibly under Weira’s rule) and his code of honor is so great that he is bow to serve the Prince. And why does he hate the Guardians and the Rebels? Because they not only betray what he is loyal to, but because they made him, HIM WHO MAKES HIS HONOR CODE THE PILAR OF HIS LIFE, look like a betrayer. Raythor would have been happy dying in the Abyss, if that would be an attack of the rebels or the Guardians, thus making him look like a fallen hero or a martyr, but making him not only look guilty, but also blame only Cedric for the banishment and use it to make half of the guards to deflect. Here, Raythor hate of them is totally justified. His relationship with Jade is as interesting as Mirandas, and I will explain it in the Jade part.
For Tracker, I have only to say that, even if he is not so different from his canon self, here (again thanks to the presence of Jade) he feels more human. And let’s not forget that he is an ancient being and that, probably, he knew some Oni of this universe prior to their extermination (this point, pointed by Yua, makes me wonder “Whoa, so Kandrakar initially developed as conquerors, eh? Ohohoho, Himerish 8and Guardians), when you heard what Nghala did!”), thus his good mood around Jade.

And third point, and last but not least; we have Jade and The Queen persona. Two halves of a person, and protagonist and “antagonist” of this story. Jade is perfectly in character, and his development with Raythor and Miranda (also with the other KoV) is perfect, because it encages with her character. She being so upset and wrathful with Will for what they did to Raythor and wanting to “befriend” Miranda is part of her character. And it is affecting the two of them, aside for the other Knights. And when Jade and The Queen (not mistake with the Naïve Queen aka. Elyon) become something more (I will explain this immediately) I wonder how they will react. Will Jade and Mirandas friendship a shut out to Yua and the First Kage relationship? Will Raythor and the other Knights become the new generals to Jades new shadowkhan armies, thus abandoning Phobos? Will Nerissa become some short of mentor like figure to her (because the “good” on her is still there)? Or is that role reserved to Yua? Ah, I am eager to see it! If you decide to do it that way, that is it.
Back with Jade. She is perfect in this story. And, you know what? The Queen of the Shadowkhan is perfect to. Yes, she wants to corrupt Jade, because she is her inner darkness, and bla, bla, bla… but I have noted that, while Jade is becoming more “dark” while the story continues, the Queen is also becoming more “light”. Because you can see in the writing that she cares about her. Is not only that she likes/dislikes who and which she likes/dislikes, no. You can see that she loves her, in a twisted way that almost makes a parallelism with Nerissas love for Cassidy and her son and “husband” in canon. That she fells rejected by her, even while she is part of Jade. Her darkness, yes, but part of her. This makes me thing that, given the title “Changes than Corrupt”, The Queen will not end performing a Split Personality Takeover, but a Split Personality Merge with Jade, creating the definitive “Kage” being portrayed in Nghalas last vision and