Reviews for The Skrewt Sacrifice
GlassCaseOfEmotion chapter 1 . 6/18
Lol even the Giant Squid hates Umbridge! And of course Luna named him haha. Her comment to Ron was funny. Love the Keeping Up Appearances reference!

They broke Snape's back?! Bit harsh! Lol. These are smart animals, poor Flitwick.

"Give them a sacrifice" - Haha, oh Colin. I think Snape has already been the sacrifice! Y'know they really should have thought of this in the book, sacrificing Umbridge to the Skrewts would have solved lots of problems.

Lol, Hermiones' Mr Burns impression. I suppose if some people can be born with the ability to talk to snakes then it makes sense that some are born able to talk to skrewts :P Ah okay, never mind, just read the explanation.

With regards to SPaG: "Creevy" should be spelled "Creevey". You've used ellipses a little too often so in some places the rhythm is slightly off. "Breeded" should be "bred". A couple of other wee mistakes, nothing major.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I really liked how you used so many characters in this without it seeming too overloaded. Each character played their part in this, and it was really easy to follow, so well done. Seeing all the different POVs was really great, too.

I do appreciate the idea of this, and for the most part it was fairly amusing. I think (and I'm not sure if you did this on purpose or not) I feel that some of the character's personalities (Umbridge and Luna specifically) were a bit exaggerated if that makes in, you took their personalities and made them a lot... /bigger/ then what they were, canonically. I, personally, wasn't a fan of that aspect, to be honest, but considering it's marked humour, I'm going to assume it was done on purpose.

The flow of this fic was really good. Like the characters, each scene came together and gel'd into one really nicely. For me, the end kind of did get a bit ridiculous and unbelievable, but the beginning was good, and really portrayed the students' hate for Umbridge.

SPaG was fairly good. There were a few minor things in dialogue, but just have a look at a book and see how an author writes dialogue. It's how I learnt.

Well done.
Firehawk242 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Yes! I hate Umbridge! I hate her even more now then I did when I first read the book because my English teacher in my senior year of high school pretty much WAS Umbridge. She even LOOKED like Umbridge! She was stupid, authoritarian, petty, close minded, and for an English teacher had an appallingly poor grasp of the language. She once said, and I quote: "The Normans pillaged the Vikings off a cliff." What does that even mean?
Satan of Hell chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Oh, I just LOVE a good sacrifice! Especially one such as Umbridge! Quite a nice short-story you've written here, madam. Those Skrewts were always a particular favorite of mine. *grins* Keep up the good work.

Your Supreme Ruler of Hell,

Satan
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
FUNNY STORY! Especially loved the whole flight from the Skrewts, as well as the way the Gryffindors tried to rectify the situation. Poor Flitwick, but the scene where the Skrwets nailed him was funny.

My only nitpick is I don't see the Slytherins using a phrase like "True that."

Otherwise, well-written and enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
Nadia Blackrose chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
That filthy bitch got finally what she deserved! :D
Now, apart from the funny stuff, I got impressed by the deep knowledge of yours about Harry Potter, using the names of magical items, creatures ( I can barely remember most of them), spells etc. Seems like you have watched a lot or the movies, and even/ or read the books with all your heart.
Harry, Hermione and Ron were kept in character, and I'm glad you did that. I also like so much the ''Harry Potter'' feeling you gave me, it was so in canon it could really happen!
The style was amusing, entertaining, and so pleasant it left me with a smile. I loved it, and that said it all. :D
Keep your attachment to Harry Potter, it suits you well!
Cheyla chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Hahahaha. I love it! Great job and thank you so much!
Jily Forevermore chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Omg, this was sooo funny! I saw the summary as I was browsing and had to read it, and I'm soo glad I did! This was absolutely hilarious and the best idea ever! If only they had actually done this! I like "in a comatose, half-cooked state" best line ever! And the end is reminiscent of when Ron clicks his tongue in the hospital wing. I am so glad I read this
Jily
queroro chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This actually made me laugh out loud. Very well-written. Thank you!
nargles lurk in the mistletoe chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Yay! Down with Umbridge! Hate that toad's guts! She's my third least favorite character!