Reviews for Boxing Day
done...#StyleIsTheTruth
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Lovely, just lovely.
cocoadaze chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
This is beautiful. I love every single one of your stories. This story has such an beautiful feeling on it .. Thank you .. I love everything about it, and how normal it is...
lemon chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
absolutely incredible! im honestly crying. thank you so much.
Honeybee137 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Oh my damn dude. That was seriously touching. I laughed, I cried, I sighed, it was just an emotional roller coaster! I simply cannot get over your writing style though, it's just... Perfection? I don't know, it just makes me all tingly and gives me goosebumps while reading it. I really like the meaning that you put in everything too, it's just so sweet and sad and lovely, just perfect. So good job, I applaud you and your efforts! P.S. Update "An Education" soon please! I'm really excited for the next chapter!
This is a Creative Name chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I'm crying. I'm actually crying, which is something I rarely do. This story is so good! I felt terrible for Jimbo and Ned and for Stan and Kyle at some parts, but the ending sort of wrapped everything up really well. This was incredible and I loved it.
Hubajoob chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This was amazing. As usual. I'm really running out of things to say about how phenomenal your work is. I lack the writing creativity and prowess you so blatantly have
The Human Kite chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Oh my god, I finally got around to reading this, and it's even better than I imagined. Possibly a new all time favorite. And, god, I hate to be one of those people who scream "sequel" at every opportunity, but I'd love to see more in this universe.

There's so much here, I don't even know where to start. I love damaged characters, be it physically or emotionally, and that damage is pretty much like a theme here, but somehow the fic still comes across as light rather than completely dark and dreadful. I guess it's because they're overcoming that damage and like, accepting each other as they are. And it's really wonderful.

Also I have a huge soft spot for Kyle as a smoker, and it was nice to see him struggling with that a little, especially with Stan's horror re: the cause of Ned's death. I'd like to know how that turns out, since Kyle still seemed to be struggling with it at the end, and how Stan lured him away from it.

And Stan's scar! The story behind it made my heart hurt, especially Petunia abandoning him in the middle of it. But Kyle kissing his ear at the end was just! ;_;

I loved Stan and Jimbo's conversation at the reception, oh and Jimbo's funeral speech, I teared up. And then Stan went and made that even more beautiful by thinking about all their future pizzas, excited for their future rather than like, mindlessly clinging to everything.

Oh, and I think you told me about Kyle attending the funeral "dressed like a clown," and I was really having doubts about how that was going to happen, because I was picturing him in like, Halloween clown attire, red foam nose included. I'm relieved to see that wasn't the case! But oh, his funeral outfit, it was perfect. And it was too small, bless his heart. Also his tits. Is it weird if I say I love his tits? Because I do.

I'm getting to a point where I'm about to start commenting on every line of this, so I guess I should wrap it up. This is wonderful, and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to read it.
SekritOMG chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I've read this about eight times in a week so suffice to say I'm into it greatly. I love reading about damaged Stan and I love Jimbo and hearing about his low-key grief, which is somehow more powerful even as it's being downplayed. I am not a big fan of "Stan's parents are divorced" as a source of angst in fics, but I think this, many years away from the situation, is an interesting handling of the topic. That, and I'm impressed that Stan has more or less let it go, regarding his father not with rage (which clearly he once did) but more pragmatic detachment and regret. It's like the ghost of Randy sort of haunts the fic, but no one's actually disturbed by his absence ... except for Kyle'd family? Anyway, I love that, and I love Stan's world-weary reminiscence on his recent life, the hollow kind of way Petunia handled things ... it's refreshing because often Stan is depicted as lacking a kind of maturity, but here it seems that he treats the things in his life with proper gravity. Obviously my favorite thing is fat old bitch Kyle, wearing ill-fitting sleek suits and bragging about his tits. He seems jaded and annoyed with himself and life but not to a cruel extent; this is Kyle who has a kind of caustic wisdom that he isn't shoving in people's faces, even if he's not the most tactful guy in the room. The description of his boyfriend fattening him up and throwing him away is delightful. Mostly I just love that for a fic centered around grief and holiday grimness, the thing has a kind of lightness to it, and you get the impression that yes, maybe now Stan and Kyle will get over the used-up aspects of themselves and just be content together. I'm super happy you wrote this and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you!
Honeypot Kitty chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Your stories are so deep and intricate and fun, it's addicting. I'm a big fan if you haven't already noticed. :D I particularly liked this one, the plot and the dialogue and stuff; it was awesome.
ShexWasxGone chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I smiled the entire time i read this. THIS WAS SO CUTE! I loved the ending paragraph. Really sweet x3