Reviews for Cabin in the Woods
johnny3gud chapter 6 . 8/29
You know that saying about how wading through FFN is like wading through hell with an occasional slice of heavenly cheesecake thrown in? Your stories are the heavenly cheesecake.

God, I loved this. I wish I had an ounce of your capacity to describe the thoughts going on in the characters' heads. Those walls of text were a bit daunting at times, but they were an accurate recreation of, at the very least, my own thoughts and feelings in romantic situations when I was younger. I'd be willing to bet that many other readers felt like you were inside their heads, too.

Downer ending, for sure, but the ending elevates this story from wish fulfillment to something truly poignant. I felt like I could see it coming for a long time, but you gave me every reason to hold out hope to the very end. It was sad, but a completely worthwhile experience. An important experience, even.

Fuck. I love your work.
ogr26 chapter 6 . 4/25
Wow, just finished reading this amazing piece of fanfic and was amazed to see there will be a sequel, just to find out this account has been left untouched for 3 years... Heartbroken lol.
Tl:dr : the story
Nogoodnms chapter 6 . 5/3/2016
Fucking wow. I haven't been to the Half-Life section in years and discovering this gem is so nice to see after all the Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences clones I remember of years ago. This is... perfect. You developed their relationship perfectly, I didn't even think that Gordon was pushing her away because of the G-man but you surprised me there. 10/10. Fucking wow. Is that sequel up? I'll go check.
eternity-beyond chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
I love this story dear, this was actually the first HL fanfic that I ever read and really this is damn good. Hope there's a sequel dear, love your writings :). I was also able to read some of your other works too! I love Touch and Got Your Back ;-) I think I read Blue Canary... Gonna have to reread it to refresh my bad memory haha. Well anyway, I love you and your fics :)
LiveForeverOrDieTrying chapter 6 . 7/1/2015
Well, now I feel like shit. Great fic, fantastic writing, superb character development. Looks like this was finished rather recently, so there is still hope for a sequel. Please don't leave your fans hanging, we want more of your terrifically emotive writing.
AceBlade258 chapter 6 . 5/17/2015
This was fantastic! Like... Fantastic! I can't really think of anything I didn't like! (I'll make another pass on it, and find something sometime soon :P)

I don't know if you like music, but the song Nonsense by Madeon reminds me of this story:

"I keep on crushing all my love like this, and we don't need to say the words 'cause we're speaking nonsense."
V chapter 6 . 5/3/2015
Pls have a sex scene in the sequel
bootkr00 chapter 2 . 4/27/2015
fooooool
Joshua Marr chapter 4 . 12/12/2014
Your writing is excellent! You put so much detail into what is happening without making me want to skip paragraphs, because I want to soak in every action and thought that's going on in that particular moment. Although, I will say, the detail is too much sometimes and it makes me feel like my reading is taking much longer than the actual scene is occurring. I also have a question: after everything Alyx and Gordon have been through, especially the "interweaving life connection" thing the vortigaunts were talking about, and now this cuddling hand holding thing going on, wouldn't the g-man see these things as a much stronger indication of love between them, even stronger than sex? He would have drug her into his clutches already like he did with Gordon,and he did a little bit in episode 2 anyway. All I'm saying is I was hoping so much for something more to happen lol. Mainly because I'm a guy, and you know how guys are :-P. Beyond these minor thoughts, you are a great writer and I will be continuing to read your work!
AkRuiner chapter 6 . 11/21/2014
Great story! I think the ending works well, so long as there is a continuation. ;) Keep up the good work.

-Ak
Huskinata chapter 6 . 11/20/2014
I loved the way it ended. It felt very appropriate. Can't wait for the next one!
LenoreWiddershins chapter 2 . 11/11/2014
This is a wonderful story, i love the character examination
Sophia Angelia chapter 6 . 11/2/2014
OH MY GOD THIS WAS FINISHED I WAS WAITING SO LONG THANK YOU

That being said, I can't remember a lick of the story. .'
Looks like I'm in for a night of reading.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/25/2014
As a teen, the story stings way more than it ought to. Which means that it's really, really, REALLY good. This story is truly phenomenal, for it... well, if nothing else, it gave words for all the jumbled up crap I feel on occasion, and for that it's better than a lot of books I've read, that are actually available to buy. Fantastic job, and I can't wait to see more from you.