Reviews for To Matter
Exceeds Expectations chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
Oh, Regulus.

Laura: beauty. BEAUTY.

[You see a boy, deflated, dejected, used. Usable.] That right there, that is the Regulus we all know and love. He's thinking of himself and he's [not just Sirius's brother] and you've written him perfectly.

I love how he sort of comes to be reliant on Peter, from using him as a tool to /needing/ him. And this part right here: [You don't care about the risk, you don't care about the long run, and you certainly don't care that you might be ruining him as a tool. You don't care. Or, rather, you do care. About /him/.] God, it's so perfect.

(i am overusing the word perfect but i don't care because it's TRUE)

And, oh my, the ending is gorgeous and tragic and [You hope the rest of the world isn't as twisted as you are.] is painfully beautiful and then the tears with [You die with his face on the backs of your eyelids and his name on your lips and the hopes that this disappearance of yours will set him free.] and /oh/.

I think these reviews are the most incoherent things ever, but you have to understand that I love this pairing so much and you write them so well - you write /everything/ so well - that I just can't even.

I can't.

I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO CAN.

Laura, I love you. I do. Here, take my love. All of it. TAKE IT.

(this review already sounds weird and creepy, but if we weren't already married, i would propose right now)
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
AAASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSASDFGHJKJH GFDSADFGH

i love you

Laura, oh my GOD. First of all, I read that first line and I was like, "I'm gonna cry. I'm gonna love this and I'm gonna cry and it's going to be WONDERFUL."

I WAS RIGHT, DAMN YOU.

And then: [He is a boy who moves like a man who knows that the world will fall at his feet if he asks, and you fall for that.] YES. Fantastic description of little perfect, pureblood Regulus getting the world handed to him and it bends around him because he's a Black and a Slytherin and then Peter notices, because that's what Peter does.

I love Peter here. The fact that he's always wanted to /matter/ is just so utterly Peter and so right (but wrong, the bastard) and I clearly have conflicted feelings for him. And then DAT ENDING.

That he didn't cry - wow. Chills. I can see how he would feel unimportant, like a pawn to them, but that is /cold/, Pete. Cold. And then oh god [No, you don't cry for them. You've used all your tears on him, because he was the one that mattered.]

LauraLauraLauraLaura

I will love you for all eternity and praise you to the heavens because you wrote PETERREGULUS and it is PERFECTION.

AND THERE'S MORE

(also i didn't even realise it was in second person until i saw Sam's review. god, i love you)
CatchingCraziness chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
Still surprised about liking this story but I do. :)
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
When I saw this pairing I wasn't going to read it, but I'm very glad I did. This was surprisingly good. :)
MissingMommy chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
OH MY MERLIN! The simple fact that you used the same exact scenes from both of their perspectives. Words cannot describe how beautiful that it. It flows flawlessly and it's so, so gorgeous.

I really love the fact that both of their reasons for loving one another it the same - they see the other, really /sees/ them. It's such a connection that I wouldn't have made, so I appauld you.

"You may love him but you aren't a fool for it" - this line. Mmhmm. This line is pure love. God, it describes Regulus so perfectly.

"You martyr yourself instead because you are a fool (and maybe there's a bit of Gryffindor in you after all) and you can't think of any other way to redeem yourself but this" - I seriously LOVE how it went from him not being a fool, to realizing he was one. It works so well. I love it.

Like I'm seriously struggling to form words because this was so wonderful. It's so perfect and this works - much better than I thought it would. I LOVE this. LOVE, Laura. LOVE.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
My, my, my. Peter was so perfect here. Literally perfect. His reason to love Regulus was gorgeous and fits what we know of his character so, so well.

Paula really has you hooked on second POV, hasn't she? (No worries, that's what I wrote Amber's in). But it works so well here. And I liked the repeation of certain words and phrases. That works brilliantly to emphasis them.

Favorite bits?: "he sees you, truly sees you for the first time, and you know in that instant that he sees more of you than anyone else ever has" - it's rather interesting that only Regulus sees this. But it's completely canon since we know James, Sirius and Remus never actually /saw/ the real Peter.

And "You've used all your tears on him, because he was the one that mattered" - if he wasn't a traitor, I would actually feel sorry for him.

Overall, darling, this was excellent!