Reviews for Intimacy Without Intricacy
pronker chapter 46 . 10/25/2013
Happy writing :)
pronker chapter 45 . 10/25/2013
Congratulations on the completion of your story! This chappie ties up the problem of Dooku, who appears to have settled into his new life, as well as Garen and family. In your headcanon, since there is a Mara, will there be a Luke? And what became of the List, I wonder. Good to see a wedding at the end, of course, and Qui-Gon musings as to the events that he set into place.
Mony19 chapter 45 . 10/25/2013
Great Ending to an awesome fic

I like how you had everyone's musings at the ends, their thoughts and hopes for the future. Good that Bail is the new Supreme Chancellor, he can hopefully put an end to the corruption. Dooku is lucky he got that second chance and he should use it wisely. Now there isn't much of the dark side so he should be fine.

It is nice Qui-Gon was able to witness Obi and Padme's wedding. In a way it is good he doesn't regret trying to help Anakin; however, it was always bad that he made Obi-Wan promise to look after him.

It seems the Jedi Order loosened up a few rules which is great and also nice that they helped Garen and his wife.

Really enjoyed reading this fic, and can't wait to read the upcoming ones.
Starfire201 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
I read both versions of the new chapter. I won't deny that when I first read it, I did think the battle went a bit quickly, but at the same time, I wasn't sure how you could have expanded it any further. However, I did like the altered chapter as well. Extended the battle just enough, I thought.

Can't deny I would have liked to see a bit more from Palpatine's POV, but that is certainly a small thing, and this chapter worked as well without it. I can imagine he was startled only for a minute before attempting to come up with a backup plan.

But even as this story is ending, I can't help but think that the Sith threat wouldn't be ended. Sidious was a different breed of Sith. He went against the Rule of Two and fostered the dark abilities of several Force users. I know you won't go further, but it's not hard to see that possibility. The Jedi realized that they must adapt, but they might be too far behind at this point.

However, that would be a story for another time. At least for now, there's a chance for a better future.
Keira-House M.D chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
A brilliant chapter. I'm glad the Senate part of the plan seemed to go well. The duel between the four masters and Palpatine was great - I was sad that Kit Fisto died, but considering that in canon it was not just him, but almost all the Jedi, who were killed, this seems the better option. Looking forward to more.
meganangels chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
O Yes. Great! So, is Padme going to be the Chancellor?
pronker chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
It's a good chapter, lots of Padme's thoughts, lots of reveals - for the quick shock value, I don't think that the ending is too rushed. More description of their battle takes away from the 'punch' of the chapter and the story as a whole. I really liked the image of Obi-Wan and Padme acknowledging their grief, as they had, up until the last minute, hoped that Anakin would see reason or at least be able to be subdued, and this didn't happen. With Palps' surprise at the reveal of the true Chosen One echoing the Emperor's surprise that Vader would actually be able to take /him/ down, your story is a standout.
undergroundirector chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
OMG! That was it that was the chapter! That was the chapter we in my opinion were all waiting for. Amazing writing had me on the edge wait for that pinnacle moment. In my opinion to your question I do think it was a little short, the fall of Palpatine should of had a little more too it then what it did.

Besides that there was no other faults. Obi-Wan's grieve and Padmé's comfort to him felt right and good to know they have each other. Look forward to see how you wrap things up for the pair. I've never been one for politics even in Star Wars I really thought it had no place in the universe put you made it interesting in this chapter and in fact through the story. Lucas really could have used you for Episode I & II as the politics scenes bored me to tears.

Look forward to next chapter with both anticipation and dread as I imagine sadly we must be close to the end.
Mony19 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
Great Chapter

I like how you describe the feelings of everyone especially how Obi-Wan felt after killing Anakin. I am glad the Senate woke up and voted against the Chancellor.

I am torn, in a way, I would like to see more battle between Obi-Wan and Palpatine since he is the Sith, but I also really liked how shocked he was when he finally realized that Obi-Wan is the Chosen One.

can't wait for the ending
RKF22 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
An excellent duel well done may the force be with you
Spartan1117 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
OH man what a place to stop the chapter :(
undergroundirector chapter 43 . 10/13/2013
Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing! Your best writing in my opinion.

The whole chapter about the pair was so in dept that I could feel that the atmosphere and the tension was on the verge of exploding. The Sabre duel was so in dept to the point the only way you could have made it more detailed would have been to but on screen.

The end of the chapter was Obi-Wan to the core and it is the only way that I can see him ending a life, with regret. Looking forward to the next update and how they deal with Palpatine.
Keira-House M.D chapter 43 . 10/13/2013
A brilliant chapter. You wrote an excellent duel, showing off each fighter's strengths and weaknesses, and varying styles, and also making sure it stayed interesting. It's sad that Obi-Wan had to kill Anakin, but we all know what happened in the films when Obi-Wan left him alive. I look forward to the next chapter, and to seeing some reactions to Anakin's death - no one (except maybe the dark side) will mourn him as he was when he died, but I'm sure many (especially Obi-Wan and Padme) will mourn the boy he used to be.
Mony19 chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
Great Chapter

I loved the duel and Anakin's impatience and arrogance really came out during it. I love that Obi-Wan was able to deliver the blow despite him wanting to do the opposite.

Now it should be interesting when the news of Anakin's demise reaches the Chancellor, or maybe the Jedi will try to hide it a little to catch him off guard.

can't wait for next update
Starfire201 chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
Well, one could say he was both self-absorbed and misguided to the very end. What he did could be called beyond forgiveness, and yet I pity him.

Heck of a battle, though I think the repercussions are going to be quick to come. I doubt Palpatine will be happy. I think that Jedi got some revenge from the grave.
259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »