Reviews for Intimacy Without Intricacy
pronker chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
It's a good chapter, lots of Padme's thoughts, lots of reveals - for the quick shock value, I don't think that the ending is too rushed. More description of their battle takes away from the 'punch' of the chapter and the story as a whole. I really liked the image of Obi-Wan and Padme acknowledging their grief, as they had, up until the last minute, hoped that Anakin would see reason or at least be able to be subdued, and this didn't happen. With Palps' surprise at the reveal of the true Chosen One echoing the Emperor's surprise that Vader would actually be able to take /him/ down, your story is a standout.
undergroundirector chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
OMG! That was it that was the chapter! That was the chapter we in my opinion were all waiting for. Amazing writing had me on the edge wait for that pinnacle moment. In my opinion to your question I do think it was a little short, the fall of Palpatine should of had a little more too it then what it did.

Besides that there was no other faults. Obi-Wan's grieve and Padmé's comfort to him felt right and good to know they have each other. Look forward to see how you wrap things up for the pair. I've never been one for politics even in Star Wars I really thought it had no place in the universe put you made it interesting in this chapter and in fact through the story. Lucas really could have used you for Episode I & II as the politics scenes bored me to tears.

Look forward to next chapter with both anticipation and dread as I imagine sadly we must be close to the end.
Mony19 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
Great Chapter

I like how you describe the feelings of everyone especially how Obi-Wan felt after killing Anakin. I am glad the Senate woke up and voted against the Chancellor.

I am torn, in a way, I would like to see more battle between Obi-Wan and Palpatine since he is the Sith, but I also really liked how shocked he was when he finally realized that Obi-Wan is the Chosen One.

can't wait for the ending
RKF22 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
An excellent duel well done may the force be with you
Spartan1117 chapter 44 . 10/18/2013
OH man what a place to stop the chapter :(
undergroundirector chapter 43 . 10/13/2013
Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing Amazing! Your best writing in my opinion.

The whole chapter about the pair was so in dept that I could feel that the atmosphere and the tension was on the verge of exploding. The Sabre duel was so in dept to the point the only way you could have made it more detailed would have been to but on screen.

The end of the chapter was Obi-Wan to the core and it is the only way that I can see him ending a life, with regret. Looking forward to the next update and how they deal with Palpatine.
Keira-House M.D chapter 43 . 10/13/2013
A brilliant chapter. You wrote an excellent duel, showing off each fighter's strengths and weaknesses, and varying styles, and also making sure it stayed interesting. It's sad that Obi-Wan had to kill Anakin, but we all know what happened in the films when Obi-Wan left him alive. I look forward to the next chapter, and to seeing some reactions to Anakin's death - no one (except maybe the dark side) will mourn him as he was when he died, but I'm sure many (especially Obi-Wan and Padme) will mourn the boy he used to be.
Mony19 chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
Great Chapter

I loved the duel and Anakin's impatience and arrogance really came out during it. I love that Obi-Wan was able to deliver the blow despite him wanting to do the opposite.

Now it should be interesting when the news of Anakin's demise reaches the Chancellor, or maybe the Jedi will try to hide it a little to catch him off guard.

can't wait for next update
Starfire201 chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
Well, one could say he was both self-absorbed and misguided to the very end. What he did could be called beyond forgiveness, and yet I pity him.

Heck of a battle, though I think the repercussions are going to be quick to come. I doubt Palpatine will be happy. I think that Jedi got some revenge from the grave.
pronker chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
Good action writing - sad that Obi-Wan had to execute,
RKF22 chapter 43 . 10/11/2013
A great duel indeed now for darth sibdious may the force be with you
meganangels chapter 42 . 10/6/2013
Ooo, who is the voice behind him? Obi-Wan?
I know that you have Garen in the story, why no Bant or Reeft? They are Obi-Wan friends as well.
I like it. I am hooked.
Mony19 chapter 42 . 10/4/2013
OOH, Anakin's thoughts were interesting but again he speaks about the power within him, which is all he is fixated on. I am glad he and Padme's marriage have finally been dissolved.

I wonder if it is Obi-Wan coming to confront him now, he will have to defeat him because they don't want Anakin to run and tell the Chancellor that they are on to him.

Ah the suspense. I can't wait for next week.
Starfire201 chapter 42 . 10/4/2013
When I read the section where Anakin was thinking about that assignment he'd been given, which so carefully left a number of details out, I could only stare in disbelief. When I read the part where he was puzzled by why no one from the Chancellor's office has told the Order about is going on and why, I wanted to physically shake him. A person who has no emotional or mental issues would be questioning those on a serious level, not just thinking about it so casually as if they were just thinking about how nice the weather's been lately.

And that isn't to mention a few other things I noticed when I read that section. Anakin has one skewed moral compass, no doubt about it. And I can't help but agree with Padme's thoughts regarding him in the first section, either.

No points for guessing who's behind him, I'm certain. Things are heating up fast.
Keira-House M.D chapter 42 . 10/4/2013
Great chapter. It was interesting to see reactions from Padme and Anakin to the end of their marriage, as well as how dignified Padme was in hugging Anakin after what he did - I suppose it was for the good person he was (may still be, inside). As for who is waiting for Anakin, it seems like it might be Obi-Wan. Looking forward to more.
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »