Reviews for Buttercups
K chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
19th Review. MORE LEANNE STUFF. WOW. THE HILARITY. SHE EVEN HAS BLACK HAIR. WHO DOES SHE REMIND ME OF? I CAN'T REMEMBER ALL OF A SUDDEN. Anyways, It would be good to say hope for the best and prepare for the worst reaction from you from saying this. I still believe, but what else to say for it. At this point, I'm starting to want to ask you for a happy fic. I'll even settle for a smut fic. Just with happy characters in a happy setting in a happy universe pls. Jokes aside, its a not-bad set-up. Keep going
meldahlie chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Dear, dear Luna... She just - sees things. I like the way you've brought that out.
K chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Interesting choice of character. I like how you portrayed Luna, as someone who cares for her friends, and how she has a slightly different take on the world from other people, yet is close enough for us humans to relate to.
Gabrielle Henson chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
It's so very rare to find stories about Leanne and how she felt after Katie was cursed. It's nicely written and Luna is perfectly herself in there. Nice job.
xxInNirvanaStay chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Wow ... just wow ...
Like honestly, I think you're the only person who could take two random characters that no one else would ever think of pairing (whether in a romantic way or platonic way) and write a story about them and then end up with something like this ... something brilliant.
I'm not exactly sure what you were achieving in regards to the emotions you wanted the reader to feel after reading this story - did you want them to be sad, happy, confused ... I think I feel happy ... sort of at least.
There were, however a few glitches in the plot like if this story is taking place in Harry's sixth year, then shouldn't Slughorn be the potion's teacher? And since Harry and Leanne are different years, I really don't think they'd both have to write the same essay but these are little things that I feel are entirely up to the writers imagination. After all, it's *fan*fiction, isn't it? :D
Oh, one more thing: In the beginning you wrote, "Do it, or you'll have to fade detention again, and you don't want that, do you?"
Shouldn't it be "face" instead of "fade"? :)
Other than that, well done! Really amazing one-shot!
unspeakable49 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This was a very unusual one-shot. I'm seriously wondering how you come up with ideas, since I can't think of anyone else who would write something like this! :)
There's nothing wrong I can exactly pick out, but I'm not exactly feeling anything right now. So if the reader was supposed to feel sympathetic or sad or smile at Luna's actions; I'm not feeling that.
Also, Harry's not in the same year as Leanne and Katie, so how does he know about the Bezoar essay she has to write? Luna helping out with the essay was also a little unrealistic, but since she IS a Ravenclaw, I can sort of accept it.
So overall, it was a good idea with which you could have really wow-ed people, but it didn't exactly seem to work out. Good attempt, though!
algernonfetchjily chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Did you write this in a romantic view? Personally I think of it as platonic. x)
hold.on.till.the.night.zzz chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
awww1
mcfuz chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
This was a nice drabble.
UniquelyMi chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Luna with Leanne! I could see that happening. However, after reading a lot of your fics, I find that many of the characters are similar. Leanne, for instance, is rather similar to Cho and Pavarti.

Isn't Luna a lot younger than Leanne though?
montgomerygrey chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I take it back. I SHIP THIS. IT'S CUTE. Well done, this story is tied for second place. Or first place. I can't make up my mind.
randomteenagefangirl chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I love Luna so much! Especially her inner voice :D
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Luna is perhaps the most favorite character of mine, apart from my beloved Lavender Brown. :o)

Luna is I fully believe the real 'brightest witch of her age', one whose magic comes from her heart and her courage, as well as book learned knowledge. Phenomenal at magic, her hare Patronus is probably second only in strength to Harry's, due to her utter self-belief in the face of all odds. She's incredibly wise, an 'old soul' who sees beyond the superficial. A trusted and fierce friend and advisor to all who make the effort to see beyond her apparent strangeness. She is also actually quite an academically accomplished witch about subjects that interest her, hence her being placed in Ravenclaw rather than Gryffindor, although she'd undoubtedly have flourished in either House.

There are matters about Luna that I and a few others like speculate upon, indeed have written stories about. She is obviously highly 'empathic' and able to 'read' people's emotions and concerns with incredible accuracy in order to give them help, advise and reassurance, particularly Harry.

I and some others believe she has at least latent or developing telepathic powers, being able to some extent to read minds without the need for Legilimancy spells. As proof of this I give the scene in the Forbidden Forest, where she is feeding and communing with the Thestrals and she is able to detect Harry's presence and identity at some distance, without turning around.

Leanne of course is less well known, less even than Katie Bell about whom several stories have been written. So it is nice to see Leanne coming more to the fore in this. Looking forward to more.
Many Blessings.