Reviews for Baby, It's Cold Outside
Fireflies on a Lake chapter 1 . 1/14
i loved this fic! so heart warming and well-written! thanks to all the authors who contributed to this fic!
mecaka chapter 6 . 10/6/2013
Hey! Just wanted to tell you thought I read and enjoyed this! :)
SerendipityAEY chapter 5 . 2/2/2013
Aww, I love the way you've captured Artoo! I don't think I've ever read from his point of view before, but you did a great job! Even though he can't 'feel' cold - you used it so well here and in so many different way. It's so like Artoo to seem like he can feel emotions, he so acts that way, and I love that he's looking forward to going on more adventures! :D Great fun
SerendipityAEY chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
Ah, love the banter. A unique bout of warmth, and I loved you used Tatooine at night. Fantastic writing! I love that Ventress is just as icy on the outside even though she's lonely and dying to warm up. The descriptions throughout this are all so great
SerendipityAEY chapter 3 . 2/2/2013
Beautiful warmth just infused in every piece of their relationship. I love the way they love each other, and it's described perfectly here. The snapshot of their deep intimacy is a joy to read, and I liked Padme's politician quip :)
Jade-Max chapter 6 . 1/17/2013
There's so much heart in this, it's reassuring to see that even with all the internal cold that Obi-Wan is feeling, he's still capable of finding old friends to help him through it.

Dex is such an underused character, it's great to see you pull him out for this fic. As always, I can 'hear' the characters in my head and see it as if it were happening. A little missing moment I could see happening somewhere in the SW galaxy.

Very heartfelt - and that hot chocolate sounds delicious!
Jade-Max chapter 5 . 1/14/2013
I always love it when authors chose to delve into the inner workings of my favorite droid - R2 D2.

You, my friend, do so beautifully. His inner voice and thought patterns, while distinctly logical, certainly ring with a air of individuality and near-human feel. He's got this very 'old soul' feel to him that is difficult to capture but rings through this piece.

Artoo has been around long enough that he's become something more than just what he was programmed to be. He's now a droid who emulates humans far better than his counterpart in ways that are difficult to understand, but the snap shot of what he must have gone through in ANH.

His worry over Threepio really touches me and I rejoiced with him when he found Threepio again - you did a fantastic job portraying what warmth would mean in this iconic sequence!
Jade-Max chapter 4 . 1/14/2013
Argh; I came back to re-read these and just realized that the stupid site must have eaten my review - *kicks it*

Ok... take two ;)

The title of this piece is intriguing, mostly because I didn't entirely know where you were going to take it. You know how much I loved the other half of this; this was no disappointment as a sequel.

Bane and Ventress are hardly two people I would ever have picked for a "Warmth" Vignette, but you make it work. There's mistrust and give and take and Bane is one canny fellow to use her as an information source. The nod to her intelligence from Bane at the end is what makes me smile the most about this Vig.

For all they're out of their elements, they're still them. You could drop them into any bounty hunter episode and their voices and presence remain.

Warm? Not in the conventional sense, but warm all the same :)
Jade-Max chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
This, as many times as I've read it, never ceases to make me smile.

The Young Jedi are exactly as we see them in the show. Their personalities are intact and the situation is a delightful one that brings back many fond [and not so fond *laughs*] memories. :D

I can picture this happening. Petro taunting Katooni; the Wookie canon ball into a snowbank - all of it reads like it could be a snap shot of the episodes and you did a fantastic job including the alien differences of each :)

This was such a heartwarming little vig - a delight to read!
skywalker05 chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
This was so cute. A Force-powered snowball fight has got to be, and I like how Katooni and Petro snipe at each other a bit but end up using the teamwork they learned in the show. The bits of alien physiology - Zatt's cold resistance and Biff's voices - was great too.
Sarge1995 chapter 6 . 1/7/2013
Awww...well, this was a nice, warming chapter! While i very much enjoy tea myself, a nice cup of hot chocolate now and again is great!
Jedi Ani Unduli chapter 6 . 1/7/2013
Hmm, wonder who the new patron is?

More, please?

Ani
the wolf chronicels chapter 6 . 1/6/2013
i like this very much but i would like to know if this is based a bit more of of the movie than the cartoon?
Count Mallet chapter 6 . 1/6/2013
A very interesting chapter. Just last night, when working on the final part of my own response to the challenge (see what Queen has started, lol), I mentioned that the warmth of a friendly relationship probably didn't count. Lo and behold, we have the warmth of a hot beverage and the warmth of Dex's and Obi-Wan's friendships. I guess I stand corrected, here.

It's always good to have someone you can turn to for some support and a friendly nudge in the right direction again. It's kind of unfortunately that Dex was a one-time character. I'm sure his back story and his daily adventures would be quite interesting.

Thanks, once again, SerendipityAEY.
- Count Mallet -
laloga chapter 5 . 1/6/2013
Great job! Loved how Artoo felt almost human while he lost none of his "droid-ness." He was lost, afraid for his friend, and not feeling particularly hopeful about his own predicament, but he still *felt* like a droid, no matter what. Loved the mention of his different programs that contrasted with his observations on human behavior, which he learned to understand a little bit better than most droids because he'd never had his memory wiped.

His concern for Threepio was touching and sweet - I was so glad to see them reunited, even though I knew it was coming. :) Wonderful work! :D
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »