Reviews for XCOM: Second Contact
why911happen chapter 1 . 9/21
I think because element eezo is highly unstable and they don't have the mean to obtaining it and they r experiment with it but in secret
cyboot chapter 2 . 8/21
so in 140 years since they found the prothean outpost they never bothered to find out more about eezo than "it reduces mass" and didn't use it at all? why? why use the tech from one group of aliens but not the other?

if you wanted the earth humans not to know about mass effect tech you should have just removed the mars outpost and the relay
TheBronzeLine chapter 5 . 8/20
Farcry 3 reference
updated: 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This is the literary equivalent of blue balling me.
Regardless (if you're still alive to read this), very very very good job. I appreciate the thought and effort put into characters emotions, goals and ambitions. The banter, the combat, the setting and universe that you created are all top notch. The thought put into tech and strategy all add to this amazing story you've grown, and I occasionally find myself wishing this was in some way canon.
Kinda wish you were around to finish it.
11/10
-IGN
Anon chapter 5 . 7/19
I expect someone to define the definition of insanity very soon
People in comments not understanding plasma is a state of matter. Heat also needs a medium to travel through.

Everyone always seems to make the infantry mass effect weapons completely useless, like pinging off the humans armour at point blank range. Just hurts a good conflict between the ground forces when things like that are done.
TheBronzeLine chapter 26 . 5/17
Hot damn my binge reading paid off! I am biting my nails waiting for thr next chapter!
DBNY94 chapter 20 . 5/15
Great chapter! the writing for this fic has improved SO much since the first chapters.
TheBronzeLine chapter 16 . 5/15
The more data dumps I read the more I think of this version of XCOM being what The Foundation dreams of being. (SCP reference)
DBNY94 chapter 5 . 5/14
WTF was with Shepard's dialogue!? It was like it was from a 50s western!
DBNY94 chapter 2 . 5/14
Interesting concept, but this chapter is REALLY badly paced and could have used some more proof-reading.
It's a hybrid of all three ME games...

...this is wonderful.
TheBronzeLine chapter 3 . 5/13
"...I hope we can live in peace together from now on." NO. YOU STAY THE *FUCK* OVER THERE AND NEVER CROSS THIS LINE *carves line into the ground with a sword*
XFireXStoneX chapter 24 . 3/11
0-0 optimus prime in the house !
Areadbhair chapter 8 . 1/9
All and all, I like the series so far. The pacing is good most of the time and you have an undeniably thorough understanding of writing action scenes. The big thing I'm going to focus on is the implications of the experimental armor mod you introduced. Swapping between 15 pounds and 2 tons in what is to be assumed to be a fraction of a second has fantastically explosive implications tied to it. Let's say the armor a regular operative had an exoskeleton rig that allowed a 1 ton object to move at 1 mph; since velocity is relative to the force exerted on a mass, if that same operative went from the 1 ton setting to the 15 lb setting, they would suddenly be moving at a speed just shy of 147 mph! Imagine the distance someone could jump if there was a rig that allowed an average jump at 2 tons! Instant sonic boom in a can, if not a full superman space jump! I can't wait to see what you do with this!
1,047 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »