Reviews for XCOM: Second Contact
Phantomwa1ker chapter 3 . 11/16
The only thing that could make this better is if you integrated meld into the story
Mr.Black64 chapter 4 . 9/27
Really? Amazing story till chapter 3 and 4. Torres is still free and walking with ambassadors and not in isolation to make sure the mind rape didn't mess with her allegiance? They fully trust that the meld did exactly what they say it did and they didn't fuck her head and just erase the memory that they fucked with her head?

This isn't the pussy Stargate team or a hippie nation. This is X-Com. And while they wouldn't want another war they aren't going to trust mind raped info this quick unless they were doing the mind raping.

Thank God they didn't agree to be the councils slaves at least. Not after escaping the same fate multiple times.
Like your story so far. X-COM is always one of my favourites, and Mass Effect makes a great setting to traipse around in.

Not a big fan of the invasion though. You earlier stated that 1 in 4 humans is capable of psionics, meaning that of the 7000 attacked (4000 killed, 3000 dead), almost 2000 were psionic.

Which makes it kind of baffling when you say communications were cut, the colony was defenseless, and the local PDF were suppressed or trapped. Psionic communication should have meant a mobilization very shortly into the attack regardless of comms, and at least one of the stationed troops should have been capable of a wormhole.

Which is another point of contention. Humanity at this point is very violent, militaristic, and xenophobic, yet somehow they don't seem to have any defenses on a government-sanctioned trading colony on the edge of notably dangerous space.

I like your story, but if you need a straw man there's way better ways to go about it.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/16
(if you could; educated character etc.)
There's only three days left to settle this before the Turians drag us into war.
- there are
When we dock, me and Anderson are taking point,
- I and Anderson (or Anderson and I )
Anon chapter 2 . 9/16
Very very nice.

Tiny typo:
Suddenly-heavy plates braced the craft, killing it's maneuverability.
- its
Brenden chapter 26 . 9/5
jmsdragn chapter 26 . 8/2
Was a joy to read to bad it hasn't been updated in an age, I do look forward to an update of your alive and still writing.
Officer Hotpants chapter 26 . 7/23
Damnit! Why here!? Of all places, why cut it off here? This was the besr ME fic I've read in over a year!
Officer Hotpants chapter 5 . 7/21
Oh god. Vaas in space. It's like a sequel to Springtimefor Hitler.
MasterfulEnglish chapter 3 . 7/18
It's mierda, not mierde, you silly gringo.
Irrational Pi chapter 11 . 7/16
Tonn Chellick? *groan* Very well played.
SeverlyLate chapter 4 . 7/8
Well it does down fast. The xcom team behave like day care kids " we are so happy, we trust you, ye we kicked some other alians and have their tech."
SeverlyLate chapter 3 . 7/8
Well, nowadays such description of a contact is superlame.
jpmonn chapter 26 . 7/2
I've marathoned through these 26 chapters, only to slam into a cliffhanger. Cruel, but I'm anticipating the next chapter greatly.
The Dead Romantic chapter 26 . 7/1
awesome story, makes a narrative of the xcom/ME universe without any real cut and paste of the ME storyline. characters and interactions are believable and amusing. Wish that you can finish this project in the future, (it only needed 1-2 chapters and it would be completed!1). Many Thanks DR
1,011 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »