Reviews for Biscuit?
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I'm not too sure what to think of the first sentence to be honest, but the second one had some very nice imagery. Mentioning the name "Storybrooke" somehow makes the forest feel more like a civilisation and less like something natural; the "trainers" do that as well, but to a lesser extent.

[but today was just for the sheer joy of breathing in the green air ] - The time to do something for oneself is always so precious. :) You've brought that out beautifully.

[She reached the lake, which sparkled a dark, clear blue, ] - I might have a pet peeve about "which"s. In other words, it's a very "telling" word as opposed to showing.

[ slinging off her light] lol, thought she was going to sling off the sun.

Aww, what a cute raccoon. Your description of it was lovely, as was the interaction between him (how did Holly know he's a boy?) and Holly. I feel like I want to cuddle this raccoon. Why doesn't it exist in real life?

["How about Sherlock? You're a smart little guy."] - lol, I can see why he would be displeased with that. It reminds me of the pokedex entry on Ratata from the first couple of Pokemon episodes. :) And it's so sweet how the raccoon falls in love with the name of her stuffed one. Maybe it's sort of a more adult-y replacement.

A short but cute fic. :)
Datonman chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I've seen Once Upon a time and the concept is pretty interesting. I often wished that Regina wouldn't have done what she did and transported all the characters to modern times without memory of their past lives. It makes you wonder if she'll ever be taken down. Aside from that this OUAT fan fiction, it was nice especially at the end when two fairy tale people meet up. It's kinda like the end of Lost when several people make contact emotionally or physically to strike up a memory. It's not that the idea isn't new, i'm a fan of it of 'remembering' circumstances. For that, I say I liked the story.
DjinniFires chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Ah, very nice. I can see your version of Pocahontas and Meeko fitting very nicely in Storybrooke's surrounding woods. Park Ranger is a great job choice for her. The little bandit (sentient) raccoon stealing her necklace back for her from Gold's shop is a great touch. I'm sure other's have said this-if you wanted to, this one-shot could be the opener for a longer story.

Your description of the forest, of running through it, and of putting her hands on her knees while she caught her breath made me experience your story, too. Good job.
Lilly Valens chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Very cute story that definitely fits the scene of an enchanted forest subject to the supernatural! Brought me back to the simpler childhood days when I'd hike alone into the woods near my house and wonder all sorts of things.

I especially liked the ending where the raccoon gave Holly a hard time about its name! Very funny! Makes me wonder how pets feel with names that are overly common or simply don't fit their personality?

The only thing I can suggest is perhaps making some of the sentences a bit shorter. This is something I do all the time as well; I LOVE to describe, but forget that some of the detail can get lost in all the wording. I found this to be true at the beginning a little bit, but it seems you wrapped it up towards the end.

Overall, good story!
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Yet more evidence of the fact that I need to watch this show...

"(the girl was fast as a wolf when she wanted to be and set a wicked pace)" I really like the turn of phrase when you mention that she's fast as a wolf and then say that the pace was wicked. Somehow, that just sounds so cool!

"Not quite a cookie, but it's good anyway. All natural. Almonds," LOL! At least she's looking out for the little guy's health!

Oh, my heart! You are absolutely killing me with all the cuteness! Lol, I absolutely adored the reaction when she tried to name him Sherlock. Sherlock the raccoon... it does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it? Jack... d'aww! I think that Meeko is definitely very adorable. Makes me want to go back and watch Pocahontas again! I loved that little raccoon, though raccoons are undeniably evil little creatures in RL. -nods-

This was just absolutely adorable, my love! I really liked the fact that you kept it simple, just a little scene in the woods. Too cute!

StormyMonday chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
My goodness, how adorable is this? I don't know this fandom, and haven't really seen much of the TV series, but I have to say that, by the way you describe the forest I don't have to, so I appreciate that very much. :)

Alrighty, a bit of commentary:

[ The raccoon sniffed experimentally, then very gently took it out of her hand, scurrying a distance away before devouring his prize.]

I love this so very much, because it's almost the same as what my Chihuahua does when she gets a cookie! :D She'll take it, and then trot into another room with her tail held high - sort of like she's saying "Thanks!" and then "MINE!" Lol.

[She'd seen something like this in Mr. Gold's pawn shop, but the little raccoon couldn't have...]

Awww, he shoplifted her a gift. How sweet! :)

And Meeko, what an adorable name. I really enjoyed this piece. What a wonderful gift!fic. D
aydentheamicable chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
You, my dear, have just made me fall in love with Pocahontas (and Meeko of course) without even knowing or remembering much from her film. You integrate the character so fluidly into Storybrooke, to the point where I don't think I would have realized she was a new addition if I wasn't already a fan. It left me with that warm and fuzzy feeling, partly because I have pets of my own and I feel like I can relate to this little friendship. And even though this story was written more for their friendship, I thought you fleshed out Holly or Pocahontas so well. I can tell she loves nature (partly from her walks and though maybe not intended, partly from the vivid description of the scenery) but I also know she is patient, loyal and observant. And Meeko, well; I wanted to reach through the screen, grab him and cuddle with him for ages. I know this was only a gift fic, but if you continued with a Storybrooke version of Pocahontas, know that I would be super interested. Though, at this point, I'll pretty much be interested in anything you write.
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
As recommended by TikiPrincess, I found this little thing. I'm so glad they brought me here!

The beginning was so beautiful; how everything was so detailed; every sense was activated in pleasantry. Amazing!

That little raccoon was too adorable; how it understood her and obeyed her and respected her, just so cute!

How would a little raccoon know that a necklace from Mr. Gold's shop would belong to Holly? Well, the forest is Enchanted; it could make sense. XD Either way it's adorable. :3

Aaaaw, his name is cute! Very cute and pleasant story. :3 Amazing work!
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This is so cute. Thank you. :)

I wish I had a raccoon like Meeko for a pet. Now I miss my kitty. :'( Sorry. Not your fault.

I found a typo: "A newcomer had breezed in—the first she could remember-, and had Regina practically in fits." There should be no comma after the long dash. Other than that, SPaG is all shiny. :)

I think Sherlock would be an awesome name for a raccoon. But that's just my weirdness. lol