Reviews for Story Beginnings and Ideas
Elina14 chapter 4 . 12/4/2014
Please write these stories they are really good
Percy jacksons double186 chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Searching for peace is the best
Writingperson chapter 4 . 6/7/2014
This idea I love.

I'd love to see how the Ainur (Valar and Maiar) in Valinor react to seeing one of the Valaraukar (balrogs) cured, released and showing penance. Think the joy they'd feel would be rather massive.
The difference between the Maiar and Valaraukar is small yet large, the Valaraukar never got a chance. Mairon/Sauron and Curume/Saruman were Maia of Aule, Olorin/Gandalf was a Maia of Lorien/Irmo. The Valaraukar were supposedly the Maia sworn to the service of Melkor. They were lesser Ainu who came to Middle Earth to help Melkor achieve his goal, whether corrupted by music or swayed by him.

Orcs, if I recall Tolkien's notes correctly, you got slightly wrong here. Of the elves that awoke when the stars were hung, a large group followed the summons of the Valar and set forth towards Valinor. They had however been "enlightened" by this. Of that group, 1/3 stopped travelling after awhile and settled in the forest (wood-elves, those who followed Elwe and Olwe I think (Thranduil, Legolas are of these, Elrond has a bit of their blood in his lineage)). Of those that continued, a group called the Teleri (Celeborn and Cirdan are of these) settled the shores of Valinor, never going deeper and thus not being as enlightened as those who did. Two tribes did move inland and laid eyes on the trees, the Vanyar (who're fairest of all and never really left) and the Noldor (Galadriel is one of these, Elrond has a few in his ancestry too).

The Elves who did not heed the call of the Valar, are never seen nor spoken of again, but Tolkien hints strongly that Melkor found them and perverted these "Dark Elves" into Orcs. An early version of the Ring saga mentions that Saruman perfected this perversion by breeding Orc with Goblin to create Uruk-Hai. The origins of Goblins are a mystery to me though. Think Tolkien once entertained the idea that goblins were humans or dwarves that Melkor tried to pervert as he had the Elves, but he never made work of it.

Strange thing though, maybe food for another oneshot: Melkor/Morgoth seemed unable to actually create anything. Everything that he unveiled was a perversion of something else. Orc, Warg, etc. Tolkien hammers on this a few times, that while the Valar set about creating, Melkor tried to pervert said creations to his will since he seemed unable or too inpatient to create stuff for himself. If that's true, the question rises: Dragons/Wyrms and Ungoliant. Where did they come from? All spiders are spawned from Ungoliant, so he didn't take an already created spider and warped it. The Dragons too, what where they before melkor did his corruption and alteration to them?

Finally, at one point in time, Legolas tells Gimli the ents and Huorns were made by the elves, who spoke to them until they developped some intelligence. Yet after Aule created the dwarves, and Eru helped him finish them. Yavanna prays to Eru and asks him for a race to protect and respect nature. Eru says it'll awake around the same time the Dwarves do (if i recall correctly). Yet, as stated, the elves seemingly made the ents, and there is only one race with more respect for nature then the Ents (not counting elves etc since they came from Eru) and that's the Hobbits...
Guest chapter 4 . 1/6/2014
haha I really like "searching for peace" the best! though "learning to love a king" looks pretty good too!
Phoenix's death chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
I am interesting in taking the story idea, Searching for peace. Please pm me this story beginning and ideas.
WereWolf356 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I like it!
reven228 chapter 4 . 1/28/2013
interesting, hope you find inspiration in this. Keep goin and stay golden
n.n chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Awesome fic really really like it hope u continue it till the end n.n
Dareagon chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Sounds wonderfull!
Can you let us know if someone accepted your challenges and posted something?
Guest chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
I hope that someone take's up the challenge has both story's are really good.

Any way, I give you: One Golden Star for both story's and hope to see more of your work.

The Crimson Mage.
Lady Ashwinder chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
I would love to know who exactly did this, because I would fight them on the side of the street. ಠ_ಠ I was going to accept one of those challenges, and had been debating on which one I was going to. But I do like this Firedrake challenge. I've been planning a Dragon-halfbreed! Harry fanfic, but I am nowhere finished with planning that. I wouldn't mind taking on this challenge though. Especially with the changes that could occur with the Lord of the Rings world due to Harry's presence. I wouldn't mind taking on this story, though it would be a while since I would be consulting my fellow LOTR-loving friends concerning how I should go about it.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I don't know which but I really hope to see more of this story.

Any way, I give you: One Golden Star.

The Crimson Mage.