Reviews for The Day She Didn't Die
taerkitty chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
You're not alone in either case. Season Two's artwork was drastically changed, and for the worse, from Season One. And, it appeared that Angie was indeed gone. In the manga, she lives long past the shooting stars scene.

That said, I'm not sure why this is in 'humour' or your summary said it was satirical. Well, aside from the purple hair, which does make the whole "undercover" thing a little more difficult. :) I read it 'straight', and it's well-written.

I love this line:

"Even in their ephemeral existence they had rejoiced in the beauty that continued on in spite of all the horrors of the world."

That's pretty much what they hope for, even more so in the manga.

A few minor quibbles:

"who had lashed out and run away" - lose the 'had', and the sentence becomes much stronger. Secondly, change the 'run' to 'ran' so the verb tense is consistent.

"She had apologized afterwords" - ditto on the 'had', and change 'afterwords' to 'afterwards'.

"the girls at the social welfare agency" - the SWA name should be capitalized.

"everyone else was experiencing Claes would be surprised" - probably should have a period after 'experiencing'.

These are very minor nits. I found this to be a good exercise in imagining how Season Two could be.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
She was supposed to be dead. Even though it didn't happen that way in the manga, everything pointed to it. But when another company got rights to animate the manga, they had to bring her back or throw away a big chunk of their source material.

Best just to think of Season Two occurring in an alternate universe. That's what keeps me from throwing ping-pong balls at the TV.