Reviews for The Risk Series 7: Risk from the Past
Jane Q. Doe chapter 8 . 2/14/2013
Oh, that last scene choked me up. And, because I notice odd things, it's almost exactly 15 years from the dates on the headstones. I have to admit, I've always been a fan of the name John too. :)

I enjoyed getting more Zoe back-story, which helps fill in more of why she is the way she is. I wonder if that attorney who took her under his wing was someone who started her on the career to 'risk management'.
As much as I enjoy the idea of a John/Zoe baby, it is a little tricky. They do lead dangerous, unpredictable lives. I'll take whatever of this couple I can get. :)

Sorry again for the late reviews and disappearing act! Saving the rest for later...
Jane Q. Doe chapter 7 . 2/14/2013
Well, if a girl's gotta face danger without her S&W M&P 9 (a gun I have a personal fondness for), then she should at least get a little smoochin' in from her guy. She's gonna need a shower though, after Bryce manhandled her. But at least she kicked his butt!

(and tee hee. Zoe called John her boyfriend. Has she done that before?)
Jane Q. Doe chapter 6 . 2/14/2013
Good to see Maggie and Katie (and Jamie too) again, and that they're so unconditionally supportive of Zoe. Continuity rocks! LOL And a Sesame Street shout out too.
And although they sort of got caught by John, it wasn't really a feeling of Evan putting the moves on her, but just making sure her life turned out ok.
Jane Q. Doe chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
Ouch. I suspected that, but still...wonder what John's reaction will be? And if Zoe will accept any comfort he offers?
Jane Q. Doe chapter 3 . 2/14/2013
Poor Zoe. I have a guess - can't wait to see if I'm right! I'm glad she's not (at least, not right now) taking it out on John...
Dragonswife chapter 8 . 2/9/2013
A sad ending:-( wonderful writing, thank you. Would love to read more with this pairing, if you become motivated. I do enjoy the way you capture their interactions and make it fun. Can't wait for more.
Patty chapter 8 . 2/7/2013
That was so poignant in the end. I'm glad Zoe has John to help her through the rough times.
Heather chapter 8 . 2/6/2013
*sniffles* That was SO sad. Her poor baby boy. I'm glad she let John see that part of her life. It was very sweet of him to take her there. And Evan was a butt who never deserved her in the first place. She was right though, he obviously didn't love her enough to come back for her. Another excellent chapter! Can't wait for more. :-D
Mary chapter 8 . 2/6/2013
That was a great fic. Please can you write more?
Lilly B chapter 8 . 2/5/2013
Great chapter! Really emotional at the end. I enjoyed reading it!
Tracy chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
This can't be the last chapter! Please tell me you're going to write more!
SWWoman chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
Great ending!

Immediately she thought of Katie, the Wilsons and especially John. They became the family she had dreamed about. It may not be a family in the traditional sense, but it was hers; unique in every way.

Family is what you make of it, and Zoe has hers.
SassyJ chapter 8 . 2/4/2013
Beautiful. Sweet and sad and just lovely.
Dragonswife chapter 7 . 2/3/2013
John's reaction to Zoe and Evan's kiss was just as "interesting" as I'd hoped. I'd make some interesting noises if I were pinned up against a wall by him (if only)! But we aren't done, are we? Hoping for more. You do make this couple and their relationship fun! Thanks for the stories. Sorry for the delayed review. Did I say more, please!?
persnikitty5 chapter 7 . 2/2/2013