Reviews for The Golden Mean
Paul chapter 16 . 3/1
Curious about your comment that Finnick was the only quell tribute to win without having any allies.
Haymitch's descriptions of Beetee, Chaff, Blight and Seeder's games (and Seeder's appearance in one of your Challenges stories) earlier in this story make it sound like they didn't have allies, although it is possible that they might have had some at one stage of the games. Also, comments about Berenice's games in The Hanging Tree imply that she went at it alone, although this is unconfirmed.
Paul chapter 14 . 3/1
Another request for Challenges or Stops on the Way to the End of the World. Presumably, Toffy had already planned to be the mentor for District 11 (assuming he wasn't reaped himself). i think it would be interesting to see how he broke the news to the other District 10 victors, either before or after the reaping. Also be interesting to see if the District 10 victors planned to loan out a mentor for District 11 anyway. One reason I'd like to see a story about this is that it would give a good look at the dynamic between the District 10 victors, how they'd react at the knowledge that one of them will be trying to keep District 11 alive while 2 other are in the arena. Also it would be a chance to find out why Toffy is the only rebel amongst the District 10 victors, and maybe get an inkling as to whether the other three have any suspicions to his activities and just how much rebel sympathy they have.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/29
Just read your Challenges story narrated by Commander Jackson as the Star Squad goes through the Capitol. Interesting point of view. Jackson had a neat description of growing up in District 13. Surprised by her familiarity with Coin, but glad she recognized Coin had flaws. Kind of sad really, to know that they were friends but Coin was willing to sacrifice her (and Boggs for that matter) to get rid of Katniss, Peeta and Finnick. Glad you finally detailed how Plutarch found out about District 13's survival.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/27
Just noticed there was a fourth story on Challenges canon 2 that I'd missed earlier, the one where the main rebel victors discuss Effie's brainwashing. I thought it was well written, and it was nice to see that they cared.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/27
A request of my own for Challenges or Stops on the Way to the End of the World (whichever your prefer, assuming you ever do anything with this). Gale going over some of the casualties of the bombing of district 12 in his head and how they affect him, either in the woods after the bombing, or after getting to District 13. It would be interesting to see how he felt about the deaths of Madge, her parents, Rooba, Peeta's family, Thread and various other casualties, mostly Seam but also maybe a few Merchants.
It would also be a way of finding out more casualties of the bombing (as there's plenty of District 12 characters in your stories who's fates weren't mentioned after the bombing of District 12, like Mr. Parton).
Paul chapter 28 . 2/27
Just read your stories for Challenges: Canon 2 on LiveJournal. Does that word Canon imply that the rest of your Challenges stories are non-cannon? I hope not. Didn't really get the one about the Finnick Odair craze. Like the interactions between Jack and Linden.
The one with Cray and Beckett was the best one of the three though, hands down. Loved Cray's line about feeling Beckett's main fault was taking things by force when you could trade for them. Was kind of funny to hear Cray's thoughts that Thread was considered better suited for District 12 than him, but Rebellion came less than a year after his reign began. Also funny when Cray said he considered his job making sure the miners didn't steal dynamite to use on him. Interesting to see Cray had some brains, as he was able to guess that District 12 citizens would make it through the fence, especially seeing as who the Seam wasn't bombed first. REALLY liked the exchange were Cray said he likes to let the black marketeers think there getting away with something (an interesting interpretation of him, by the way) and Beckett retorts that letting them get away with something defeats the purpose.
I don't like Cray but it was nice seeing him stand up to Beckett especially when he out and out told her that she'd have gotten a knife in the gut if she tried to force herself on Gale and when he says that they should be scared of Gale (especially the part about "I had the guns. Now He has the bombers". Also the line where he suggests that they make like rabbits and dig out of The Nut.
Glad that you FINALLY killed that b*tch Beckett, and hope she didn't die instantly when the ceiling fell. Hope you get around to killing off Claudius some time in the future to.
P.S. Once again, I really wish you'd put your Challenges and Stops on the Way to the End of the World stories on fan , as there generally pretty good and it would make them easier to find, read and review.
Paul chapter 25 . 2/21
Wish you'd shown Otho Magro slashing his way out of the viewing center, but it's likely that he did that before Jack, Haymitch and Philo called for people to follow them, and it was dark and Haymitch was busy fighting. Still, wish Otho had at least been seen among the Mentor's fighting the peacekeepers in this chapter, might have made his temporary survival a little more meaningful.
After Mindwell hits the first Peacekeeper, you say that the mentors from District's 9 and 1 attack the others from behind, yet in chapter 27 you say that Will and Darla stayed out of the fight, so either they abandoned it after fighting for a quick moment at the beginning, or Etta Bossard was the only District 9 victor to take part in the fighting.
P.S. I know I've already said this, but you have so many great victors out there and I wish you'd feature some of the less seen or mentioned ones in Challenges or Stops on the Way to the End of the World; Philo, Otho, Livius, Diamond, Earl, Saffron, Lucanus, Kate, Mindwell, Toffy Ravish, Etta, Darla, Rogan, Wealthy and Miracle. I don't include Jack, Lyme, or any of the District 4 victor's besides Rogan because, while I would like seeing more of them again, they have already have made appearances in Challenges on livejournal.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/12
Like the mention of how after Haymitch's trick with the forcefield. The Debtors prison inmates used it for a breakout. Helps understand why Snow resented the whole forcefield trick enough to kill people a little better.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/12
For my first review on February 9th, what I meant to say was that I hoped you'd someday post Challenges and Stops on the Way to the End of the World on
Paul chapter 24 . 2/9
Just read the Challenges story Burning. Really liked Prim's memories of a happier Katniss.
Paul chapter 24 . 2/9
Just read more of your challenges oneshots. Especially liked 'Reaping', 'The Victor', 'The Ringmaster' and 'Over Rainbow Water. They really were good, emotional works, and I wish you'd post them, the other Challenges stories (or at least the ones you consider cannon to your Hunger Games Universe) and Stops on the Way to the End of the world on , as I never really could figure out how to post reviews on live journal or archive forum.
Paul chapter 23 . 2/8
Question you not having Plutarch know about Philo being a rebel. Story wise, it makes sense and helps things flow better, but Lyme had never visited the Capitol before, so how did Plutarch know she was a rebel when she arrived? Given his age and when he started becoming involved in the rebellion, it's incredibly unlikely that they came into contact before Haymitch won the 2nd Quarter Quell. Granted, she may have just known to wear a flame sign and that clued him in, but that's kind of weak. Philo on the other hand had been visiting the Capitol for some time since his victory (he'd at least been present right after Annie won the 70th Hunger Games) and it might make sense he could have came into contact with Plutarch, but it says here that he didn't. Challenges 5 from LiveJournal states that Livius Frango and Otho Magro were also rebels, but Plutarch doesn't know about Otho (wondering which side he'll end up on in chapter 27) and it's unlikely Livius was the one who made contact with him on behalf of the district 2 rebel victors seeing as how he only won the year before Katniss and isn't mentioned as being in the Capitol during the events of The Last Tribute.
Paul chapter 25 . 2/8
Just read Challenges 2. Liked Caesar being a narrator.
Paul chapter 24 . 2/8
Hope to actually meet Livius Frango and Will Norton at some point in Stops on the Way to the End of the World or other future works of yours, as they both sound like interesting characters but we've never actually met either of them yet, just heard about them from others.
Paul chapter 27 . 2/8
Just read Challenges 5 on livejournal. Like the confirmation that Otho Magro was a rebel. Enobaria and Janus's hand signals and seeing enobaria protect the district 2 rebel victors were touching. Disappointed to here Otho died trying to get to three, I'd been holding out hope he might have just been in hiding. Suprised livius frango was a rebel, although it's poetic justice against Brutus that all three victors he mentored turned out to be rebels.
122 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »