Reviews for The Golden Mean
Paul chapter 25 . 2/21/2016
Wish you'd shown Otho Magro slashing his way out of the viewing center, but it's likely that he did that before Jack, Haymitch and Philo called for people to follow them, and it was dark and Haymitch was busy fighting. Still, wish Otho had at least been seen among the Mentor's fighting the peacekeepers in this chapter, might have made his temporary survival a little more meaningful.
After Mindwell hits the first Peacekeeper, you say that the mentors from District's 9 and 1 attack the others from behind, yet in chapter 27 you say that Will and Darla stayed out of the fight, so either they abandoned it after fighting for a quick moment at the beginning, or Etta Bossard was the only District 9 victor to take part in the fighting.
P.S. I know I've already said this, but you have so many great victors out there and I wish you'd feature some of the less seen or mentioned ones in Challenges or Stops on the Way to the End of the World; Philo, Otho, Livius, Diamond, Earl, Saffron, Lucanus, Kate, Mindwell, Toffy Ravish, Etta, Darla, Rogan, Wealthy and Miracle. I don't include Jack, Lyme, or any of the District 4 victor's besides Rogan because, while I would like seeing more of them again, they have already have made appearances in Challenges on livejournal.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/12/2016
Like the mention of how after Haymitch's trick with the forcefield. The Debtors prison inmates used it for a breakout. Helps understand why Snow resented the whole forcefield trick enough to kill people a little better.
Paul chapter 28 . 2/12/2016
For my first review on February 9th, what I meant to say was that I hoped you'd someday post Challenges and Stops on the Way to the End of the World on
Paul chapter 24 . 2/9/2016
Just read the Challenges story Burning. Really liked Prim's memories of a happier Katniss.
Paul chapter 24 . 2/9/2016
Just read more of your challenges oneshots. Especially liked 'Reaping', 'The Victor', 'The Ringmaster' and 'Over Rainbow Water. They really were good, emotional works, and I wish you'd post them, the other Challenges stories (or at least the ones you consider cannon to your Hunger Games Universe) and Stops on the Way to the End of the world on , as I never really could figure out how to post reviews on live journal or archive forum.
Paul chapter 23 . 2/8/2016
Question you not having Plutarch know about Philo being a rebel. Story wise, it makes sense and helps things flow better, but Lyme had never visited the Capitol before, so how did Plutarch know she was a rebel when she arrived? Given his age and when he started becoming involved in the rebellion, it's incredibly unlikely that they came into contact before Haymitch won the 2nd Quarter Quell. Granted, she may have just known to wear a flame sign and that clued him in, but that's kind of weak. Philo on the other hand had been visiting the Capitol for some time since his victory (he'd at least been present right after Annie won the 70th Hunger Games) and it might make sense he could have came into contact with Plutarch, but it says here that he didn't. Challenges 5 from LiveJournal states that Livius Frango and Otho Magro were also rebels, but Plutarch doesn't know about Otho (wondering which side he'll end up on in chapter 27) and it's unlikely Livius was the one who made contact with him on behalf of the district 2 rebel victors seeing as how he only won the year before Katniss and isn't mentioned as being in the Capitol during the events of The Last Tribute.
Paul chapter 25 . 2/8/2016
Just read Challenges 2. Liked Caesar being a narrator.
Paul chapter 24 . 2/8/2016
Hope to actually meet Livius Frango and Will Norton at some point in Stops on the Way to the End of the World or other future works of yours, as they both sound like interesting characters but we've never actually met either of them yet, just heard about them from others.
Paul chapter 27 . 2/8/2016
Just read Challenges 5 on livejournal. Like the confirmation that Otho Magro was a rebel. Enobaria and Janus's hand signals and seeing enobaria protect the district 2 rebel victors were touching. Disappointed to here Otho died trying to get to three, I'd been holding out hope he might have just been in hiding. Suprised livius frango was a rebel, although it's poetic justice against Brutus that all three victors he mentored turned out to be rebels.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/6/2016
Just read your story 'Challenges' narrated by Mags on live journal. Liked the complete list of victor's. Aside from that story, this chapter is the only source for the name of Will Norton, the male victor from 9 who didn't go into the quell. I find it a curious coincidence that there was also a Cathy Norton years before him who Mags mentored back when there were still plenty of mentors loaned out to other districts and a Kitty Norton who died in the 2nd Quarter Quell, both from nine. Wonder if the 3 Norton's were related and Snow had something against the family or if Norton's just a really common name in District 9.
Paul chapter 7 . 1/19/2016
I liked how much you showed Edd in this chapter and how he found a way to smuggle messages and people like his father once did, even if it didn't last long before he died.
Paul chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
Another request for future Stops on the Way to the End of the World chapters; at least one chapter narrated by Chaff and set during The Hunger Games and/or Catching Fire
Paul chapter 14 . 12/23/2015
Something ironic I just realized; according to this chapter, toffy is the only one of the district 10 victors who's and out and out rebel, yet in chapter 1 of stops on the way to the end of the world, haymitch says he's sure the district 10 mentors are rebels but has never had enough time to get confirmation from them. This is ironic in that by the time he said that, toffy had long since stopped coming to the capitol to mentor, which means he was probably wrong.
Paul chapter 28 . 12/18/2015
THANK YOU FOR FINALLY UPDATING STOPS ON THE WAY TO THE END OF THE WORLD AGAIN! I'll admit Snow wasn't the kind of new pov character I'd been hoping for, but this still works.
Rathfon and the red-haired woman were interesting characters, pity Clemm didn't listen to them. Snow describing the Games as 'king of the hill' was chilling. Snow's origin story about what he went through during the rebellion was interesting, but didn't make him any less despicable then before. Not surprised Glass was a filthy little psycho even when he was a kid, or that Snow really didn't care much for him (I agree with Haymitch that Snow probably was the one who had him killed and blamed Thia after he became too unstable).
Even though it was pretty hollow coming from him and didn't bother Snow, it was nice seeing Clemm call Snow a monster to his face and (unless he lived long enough to be poisoned by Snow) get away with it
P.S. Hope to see many future chapters of Stops on the Way to the End of The World and hope you eventually make chapters focusing on (or at least featuring) the Victor's from 10, 2, 4 and 1, Cressida, the District 8 uprising, Martius Snow, District 13, Cesar, Mayor Undersee and Gale.
P.P.S. The reason I'm reviewing here is because I don't really know how to review on
Paul chapter 28 . 9/28/2015
I was just reading this story on archive forum when I noticed the bonus chapter not present here giving details about the capitol musical 'star-crossed'. It was a bit fluffy bit it was entertaining and moving, and for some reason the brief description on the song 'countdown' where the tributes go over regrets as they are lifted into the arena, was moving to me and I could almost picture it. I wonder if anyone ever will try to make a musical of the hunger games, on one hand it might be entertaining but it would also probably underscore the message and image suzanne collins was trying to project and make it seem less important.

P.S. Once again I hope you keep writing stops on the way to the end of the world.
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »