Reviews for Birthdays
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
I swear I have read this one before, but apparently I never reviewed, so I'm correcting that mistake now...

This story was so darn emotional that I might need to go buy some super glue for the shards of my heart. The idea that Sam just wanted to disappear and skip that January 24th was perfect. Of course he would feel so overwhelmed by the loss on Dean's birthday, especially because, as you so cleverly pointed out, it WAS his first time ever not having Dean on that day in particular. And Amelia was quite in character, in my opinion. I think that she would have complained about Sam's behavior right up until she remembered why it was he was acting so strange, and then she would have tried to be nicer to him. I don't like her myself either, as you know, but you wrote her very well. :)

For Dean's part I think you nailed it. I think you were totally right to have Dean cope with his grief by turning his attention to Ben. I loved that you had Ben comfort Dean, and that they both referred to Sam as "Uncle Sam", which was very sweet. Oh, and when you had Dean think about the way that birthday SHOULD have been spent possibly in the Impala listening to classic rock "and maybe some of that douchy shit Sam loved, after all, it /is/ his birthday"...That part was perfect. There was an energy of fondness in the way Dean thought about Sam's taste in music...As if teasing Sam in his own thoughts was a sort of connection to his brother. I loved it.

Great story! Really really awesome job! :D
mandancie chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This was really good! I thoroughly enjoyed this! :)